• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your Favorite City

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

What’s your favorite megalopolis/metropolis/city/town/urban area/village/settlement/outpost in an adventure game? (For RPGs see this thread)

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Rubacava.

Because Year Two of Grim Fandango is the pinnacle of adventure gaming. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Ankh-Morpork (Discworld 1)

Runners-up:
London (Case of the Serrated Scalpel)
Coarsegold (Freddy Pharkas)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Phatt Island

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Scabb Island for me Smile I even replayed Monkey Island 2 just to walk around the island and the town again. Also New Orleans and Rennes-le-Chateau (Gabriel Knight 1 and 3, respectively), very atmospheric and full of things to investigate.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the quality of any adventure relishes of the atmosphere design of the game, which let you get scrambled with such locations, areas, setting, and cities..etc, bc of the nature of adventuring that relies most beautifully on when you are hanging around one of those for quite so long trying to discover the clues, the NPCs, and the puzzles… that you become attractive and addicted it, and when you leave it, you kinda feel empty, esp, if the next one isn’t as much intense. maybe if all AGs were as MI3 where each of the new places is as of the quality of the latter, that wouldn’t feel bad, not at all.

its a brilliant topic , bc, let me say that upon replying any adventure i love, i’d find myself craving to get to that place, and when i finish the whole game, it is not the puzzles of the characters or..etc that are stuck in my head and memory but that intense time i had spent at whichever ‘place’ that was.

i can bet each one of you that your fav adventure will hold your fav city/place/location, so I am gonna mention a few favs of mine..

Nontoonyt Island

LSL3, starts with this huge space of location that consists of a hotel, club, beach,, etc and what is much greater than this; u get to new places you get to discover by time and need.
once you play Patti to get thru the jungle, (the last third of the game), it loses it magic, like, that was it* for me, but I will continue bc I appreciate so much what I just had.

Jungle Island

Riven there are four islands and a fifth near the end, but when i reach this one, i am made, the Wahrk , the school, and the insects and the birds… that is Riven for me

SkateoRama at SQIV, or the monastery at Memoria, and so on.. these are the landmarks that make a good AG such great.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jungle Island in Riven popped into my mind right away because of the things Advie mentioned, but there are so many memorable places in so many games that it’s difficult to choose just one.  Two of my all-time favorites are Callahan’s saloon, which was a cozy place to hang out and chat with everyone, and the Great Underground Empire in ZGI, which had some of the most inventive puzzles and funniest humor I’ve ever encountered in a game.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Advie - 09 September 2020 06:30 PM

Nontoonyt Island

LSL3, starts with this huge space of location that consists of a hotel, club, beach,, etc and what is much greater than this; u get to new places you get to discover by time and need.
once you play Patti to get thru the jungle, (the last third of the game), it loses it magic, like, that was it* for me, but I will continue bc I appreciate so much what I just had.

I was thinking about LSL3 when I saw the question, but very soon decided not to post it, as there’s very little exploration of the actual city. And like you said, the game changes location, of course many games do that, Monkey Islands and all.

Still, it was good that somebody mentioned LSL3, because I think it has some great locations.

Anyway, I guess I would answer that I prefer to explore Tokyo. Preferably present or future, not so much the past version of the city.
And the reason for choosing Tokyo is because it’s probably the one Japanese location that gets in games, of course there are more interesting cities in real life like Kobe or Okayama, but those will never make it to any games.

Anyway, doesn’t a scene like this just make you want to explore it?

(And sadly you really can’t explore much of anything in that game, but the few background images from the future Tokyo are very captivating. Except for the train station that had posters with hangeul writing.  Pan )

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How about L.A. in the late ‘40s?

I’m referring to L.A. Noire - a game that made it all look *so* pretty.

And for the same reason: Oxford in Gray Matter.  Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

GateKeeper - 10 September 2020 02:06 AM
Advie - 09 September 2020 06:30 PM

Nontoonyt Island

I was thinking about LSL3 when I saw the question, but very soon decided not to post it, as there’s very little exploration of the actual city. And like you said, the game changes location, of course many games do that, Monkey Islands and all.

Still, it was good that somebody mentioned LSL3, because I think it has some great locations.

and man, Nontoonyt Island is coming back again.

i love the accuracy here !!

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Many interesting places, I’ve not been to all. Some of my favorites are some of the Monkey Island islands as well.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I actually really liked Eurozone from Dreamfall Chapters. I just wish that the puzzles were better and not purely fetch quests. But I really enjoyed the atmosphere and how alive it felt.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Without doubt I would have to say Rennes-le-Château. It’s the site/city where GK3 took place. And second, it’s a REAL place.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

rtrooney - 11 September 2020 08:46 PM

Without doubt I would have to say Rennes-le-Château. It’s the site/city where GK3 took place. And second, it’s a REAL place.

Only the Rennes-le-Château wikipedia page and tourism websites don’t say anything about the vampires there. Strange.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, there were no vampires in GK3, so I’m not surprised you didn’t find any in your Wiki search.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Los Angeles in blade runner.

Ireland in broken sword 1. There really is only like what five or six screens, but it just looks perfect to me

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top