• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tell Me Why

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

New Dontnod game is out now. Or at least Chapter 1

Played about an hour of it (I got it on Game Pass.)

So far they are not making a huge deal about the main character being Trans, but we will see how sensitivly they treat it going forward.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I love Dontnod!  I know they get a lot of praise about Life is Strange, but seriously I think Remember Me is even better!

Thanks for the heads up on their new game.  I can’t wait to see what they do next.

So was it over all a positive experience?

Was it one-off type of stuff or do you think Ch 1 is probably a good indicator of what the entire game play will be like?

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Played about an hour too,first impression is Dontnod’s best adventure realization.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I finished Episode 1

I think it might be the best thing they have done.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Insisting on episodic format puts me off , now have wait for 2.chapter till Jan. and another year for complete a 5 hours story, preposterous.

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Gabe - 30 August 2020 05:15 PM

Insisting on episodic format puts me off , now have wait for 2.chapter till Jan. and another year for complete a 5 hours story, preposterous.

Amen i hate episodic games

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Played through episode one. WAY better than Life is Strange 2 imo. I really liked Tyler and Alyson and found the mystery compelling. Gameplay is better too, good choices and some decent puzzles.

Hope they can keep it up for EP 2 & 3.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

You might want to do your research on this one. The episodes are releasing a week apart, so it’ll all be out by 10 September.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Dale - 30 August 2020 08:11 PM

You might want to do your research on this one. The episodes are releasing a week apart, so it’ll all be out by 10 September.

Dont know what changed but saw that at end of the episode.Anyway that means game finished already and will be well integrated,best episodic adventure ever. Smile

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

PlanetX - 30 August 2020 07:29 PM

Played through episode one. WAY better than Life is Strange 2 imo. I really liked Tyler and Alyson and found the mystery compelling. Gameplay is better too, good choices and some decent puzzles.

Hope they can keep it up for EP 2 & 3.

Great last decent trans character that wasnt just a psa was max from technobabylon.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The are weening themseleves off Episodes. Their next game Twin Mirror isn’t Episodic.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I also finished Episode 1 and it was really nice. I liked the characters and story and the whole theme of remembering things differently a la Rashomon. I was actually surprised with the puzzles, I thought it was going to be in the vein of Life is Strange 2 which was basically devoid of any puzzling but was bummed to find out they were actually optional. I didn’t know until the end that you could actually brute force open their mom’s bedroom and bypass the puzzle.

And did anybody else get access to the computer in the police station? I didn’t get the purpose of that other to read some random emails but I enjoyed solving the “puzzle” Other than that I’m looking forward to the other Episodes Smile

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I think it’s a solid approach for a modern adventure game aiming to be accessible to wider audiences. I get to solve the puzzles since I want to and they get to opt out if they find it too frustrating or would simply prefer to get on with the story. It can make seems feel low stakes. But that can be avoided when necessary, like the part where you confront Tessa and failure doesn’t hinder progress because you only get one shot.

In any case I much prefer this approach than the route they went with Life Is Strange 2. According to some of the reviews that have already played the full 3 episodes, things ramp up after a fashion.

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

New chapter was good, started to illuminate the situation with Mary Ann and set up a compelling mystery for the final act. Some of the puzzles were decently clever. Still like the bond between Tyler and Alyson a lot. Big miss with the romance sub plot, though. It got barely any set up and wound up feeling extremely forced/rushed. Thankfully it wasn’t a very big part of the episode and I hope they don’t revisit it.

Overall episode 2 maintains the good bar of quality that the first established. We got some answers and are onto the final big answer. Here’s hoping they stick the landing because how they handle it will make or break the entire game.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

So great to see positive comments here, I really wanted this to be good but thought it wouldn’t be after LIS2. As soon as I get some time I’m getting involved in this one! Smile  Smile  Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Better to wait for till chapter 3 release,cliffhangers are staggering.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top