• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Popular games that were NOT good discussion

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

People didn’t like the TLJ dialogues? I didn’t think they were long *enough*. I could have listened to them go on for days.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

tomimt - 29 August 2020 01:07 PM

Saying that something is mediocre is definitely a subjective thing. Like I find most Marvel movies to be mediocre action flicks, no more, no less, but many people seem them differently. What I see mediocre might not what you see as mediocre. There’s no real way of measuring something like that, just opinions for and against.

Shrug. Even if I agreed one hundred percent, which I don’t, the same goes for anything POSITIVE anybody might have to say about anything.
There are a few people here who have a tendency to sell their personal opinions as facts, but the overwhelming majority understands what Myst sucks actually means.

What it boils down to is that people hate it when others criticize their beloved games. It’s perceived as an attack on their own opinion. The opposite, others loving a game you hate, is usually not much of a problem.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay well I meant it’s weirdly written that kate’s mom was dating that Franck Malkovitch fellow referenced in Helena’s diary which is how you solve that puzzle on getting a lead to finding Helena.   I think mom calls you and tells you earlier in the game about dating him, and in general is totally annoying, and I tuned her out.

Later on if becomes heavily implied that Olivia (not her mom, my mistake XD) and Dan are having an affair, it might be outright stated, I forget.

These were the events to which I was referring.  Yes I did a poor job expressing that I thought these were really weird plot points (and they are written as if kate could give a shit less, which considering how crappy all of her friends and family are, I don’t blame her I guess…. but comeon… really?)

And they have very little emotional impact.

Actually I love syberia, I was just trying to expand on what that other person said when they called the writing “mediocre.”  I was trying to be like “yeah chrissie, I agree, I prefer slightly more specific criticism so that we can facilitate a discussion”  and then I went on to try to give an example.

You didn’t have to call what I had to say “verbal diarrhea.”  That’s a touch insulting, and you could have just asked for clarification.

I apologise Celebreon - it wasn’t my intention to insult you so I’ve edited my comments.

It was a long time ago I played the game, I just don’t remember Kate’s mother being of any significance other than to give Kate some background so I thought you were joking! - my badly conceived ‘insult’ being in response to that & in context of me thinking that you had jokingly fabricated events.
No, you expressed yourself really well - it’s my bad for having a blank on those details.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

^^^^ Loving this dialogue.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Maybe it will be as long as TLJ texts lol

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

Every single one of the choices only so called games.
The walking dead etc and every other game in its ilk.
They were interesting at first but soon became no more than an animated picture book.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-08-31

PM

For me these are Maniac Mansion and The Dig. Didn’t like these.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Monkey Island 1 isn’t very good discussion, I find.

I mean, what’s there to talk about? “Sooo yeah, what about those pirates in the Scumm bar? Pretty… uh… piratey, huh?”

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Laughing

If you forget a comma in the thread title Captain Blondebeard…...............

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 02 September 2020 05:32 AM

Laughing

If you forget a comma in the thread title Captain Blondebeard…...............

But where should the comma be?!

“Popular games that were not good, discussion” - should we discuss about popular games that were not good?

“Popular games that were, not good discussion” - should we have a bad discussion about popular games that were popular”

“Popular games, that were not good discussion” - should we talk about popular games that weren’t a good discussion?

“Popular, games that were not good discussion” - is this a popular thread about games that were not good discussion?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

...and that’s just one comma! Laughing

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

diego - 02 September 2020 08:32 AM

“Popular games that were not good, discussion” - should we discuss about popular games that were not good?

“Popular games that were, not good discussion” - should we have a bad discussion about popular games that were popular”

“Popular games, that were not good discussion” - should we talk about popular games that weren’t a good discussion?

“Popular, games that were not good discussion” - is this a popular thread about games that were not good discussion?

Whatever happened to…

“Popular games that were not, good discussion” - a good discussion about cancelled sequels, like Freelance Police, Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels, and Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury

Laughing

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t know whether Culpa Innata counts as a popular game but it definitely needed a sequel especially if you managed to get into the underground which you can apparently miss & finish the game oblivious to its existance.

A book was supposed to replace the game sequel but I can report that the book only covers the game & a sequel was never written.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

diego - 02 September 2020 08:32 AM

Posts like these is the reason why this forum is totally worth browsing as often as one possibly can (AG aside)  Grin

Thanks, diego Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

GateKeeper - 02 September 2020 10:05 AM

Whatever happened to…

“Popular games that were not, good discussion” - a good discussion about cancelled sequels, like Freelance Police, Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels, and Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury

Laughing

Hehehe… good one.

DCast - 02 September 2020 10:33 AM

Posts like these is the reason why this forum is totally worth browsing as often as one possibly can (AG aside)  Grin

Thanks, diego Thumbs Up

Peace, bro! Cool

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top