• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 13 August 2020 10:48 PM

Oops.. I misread the thread title. I thought it was “anything goes” but I missed the “unless chrissie says” part

You don’t seem to get that chrissie is right.

The profession choices are so subjective that they could very well be insulting to the members described. Not to mention dismissive to all notable forum members that weren’t even included in the list.
Basically it’s a giant can of worms that should remain closed, or it’ll devolve *very* quickly.

So yeah, while “anything goes”, I’d still like to point out that the Forum rules and guidelines have a “Be nice” section, urging people to show some discretion and consideration towards others. This falls under that. Not “because chrissie says”.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

That’s the point - they’re so subjective that they couldn’t possibly be construed as being “personal”. They’re based off the behaviors here on the forum. It’s meant to be fun, not in any way serious. There’s no way we could know anyone here well enough for it to be serious.
Advie seems to get that but you and chrissie want to interpret a harmless game as serious judgement. But you know what they say… what you see in others is what is really in you.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Luhr28 - 14 August 2020 04:36 AM

That’s the point - they’re so subjective that they couldn’t possibly be construed as being “personal”. They’re based off the behaviors here on the forum. It’s meant to be fun, not in any way serious. There’s no way we could know anyone here well enough for it to be serious.
Advie seems to get that but you and chrissie want to interpret a harmless game as serious judgement. But you know what they say… what you see in others is what is really in you.

Advie and you should grow up and stop playing immature games. That’s my subjective opinion based on your behavior here on the forum. Smile

TimovieMan - 14 August 2020 02:29 AM

The profession choices are so subjective that they could very well be insulting to the members described. Not to mention dismissive to all notable forum members that weren’t even included in the list.

Excellent point! All members have the right to be insulted, not just the happy few.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Luhr28 - 12 August 2020 07:40 AM

Let’s play: Guess the forum members professions! (just for fun)

Zobraks: Archivist

Yeah, that’s me all right. Smile

Advie - 12 August 2020 08:17 PM

Zobraks: an anarchist

You misspelled “antichrist”! Tongue

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 14 August 2020 06:00 AM

Advie and you should grow up and stop playing immature games. That’s my subjective opinion based on your behavior here on the forum. Smile

i know, i know… but why the hurry!, i will, inevitably!  Shifty Eyed  Wink 

ADD: sorry if my latter post have offended anyone.
blsh blah/the rest of the post (deleted)

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Luhr28 - 14 August 2020 04:36 AM

I know, and you’re right. I’ve thought this for quite some time.  But… if I stop playing adventure games can I still post on the forum? Sealed Lips

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sure. Look at me: I haven’t played a single adventure game since this April.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Wow. I guess that makes you the most grown up person here!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Grown up?
I’m one of the oldest and the most immature persons around these parts.
Cool

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 14 August 2020 07:21 PM

i know, i know… but why the hurry!, i will, inevitably!  Shifty Eyed  Wink 

ADD: sorry if my latter post have offended anyone.
blsh blah/the rest of the post (deleted)

PLOINK!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

go to hell karlok

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Anything goes, including cryptic returns to a forum having easy remembered my dangerously (and I mean DANGEROUSLY) insecure password

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

* Idly contemplating if I should try to figure that password out…

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

You guys got kind of close I guess.

I’m an American Sign Language interpreter at a post-secondary school!

That’s not like a psychotherapist but I’m often supporting our students in some capacity.

And at home, I’m the cook ^_^

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I always wanted to ask Intense Degree what his (her?) degree is actually in. Master of Scorpion Handling or Bachelor of Bomb Defusing are my guesses, but I’m usually wrong in these kind of things.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top