• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Daedalic game bundle, reviews

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Going back to my reviews, I just picked up a 11 game steam bundle for 13 bucks from daedalic. Im sad to say I have never played one of their games. Im going to start with deponia. Other games that seem interesting in the bundle are, the dark eye series, A new beginning, the whispered world, and the night of the rabbit. This should last me until christmas bc im still playing ghost of tsushima as well. Im 50/50 on rather or not im going to buy cyberpunk at launch.

Either way all of my daedalic thoughts and reviews will be posted in this one thread. Im installing the first deponia as we speak

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Had Deponia had a different main character I would have liked it more. Rufus is one of the most unlikeable main characters I’ve seen.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

tomimt - 06 August 2020 01:04 PM

Had Deponia had a different main character I would have liked it more. Rufus is one of the most unlikeable main characters I’ve seen.

He is supposed to be that way!
If you feel that strongly about the protagonist, then the developers really did a stellar job on that.

Personally I like him, and his arrogant self-centered attitude. There are some questionable things in Deponia, especially the sequels, but I think the widespread hate or whatever towards the protagonist is based on a weird misunderstanding that protagonists must always be super-likeable.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I agree! Same happened to me with Simon the Sorcerer. One can dislike the character, but it means is well written.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

You could say both Simon and Rufus are unlikable. If I like spending time with Simon much more than with Rufus, what does that mean?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

GateKeeper - 06 August 2020 02:37 PM
tomimt - 06 August 2020 01:04 PM

He is supposed to be that way!
If you feel that strongly about the protagonist, then the developers really did a stellar job on that.

It’s a problem when the character is so unlikeable that I don’t want to play the games at all. So you could say it is too stellar of a job.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Rufus does not bother me at all, he constantly gets put in his place, and the voice actor sounds like a ryan renyolds sound alike.

My thoughts so far are the story is charming, the voice acting is really well done, and I really like the animation. The puzzles on the other hand are really obtuse to me. Some make sense and others are like what? I had to look at a walkthrough once or twice so far. I dont think I would hav ever figured out that dumb post office puzzle without it. Overall though I am really enjoying myself, and it is a nice change of pace from what I have been playing.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jdawg445 - 06 August 2020 09:34 AM

Either way all of my daedalic thoughts and reviews will be posted in this one thread. Im installing the first deponia as we speak

but why start this journey with this mediocre series, unless you are intentionally keeping the best for last, but anyways, 1st parts of the Whispered World, Edna, and Harvey, or Night of the Rabbit; pick anyone without thinking.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Advie - 06 August 2020 05:09 PM
Jdawg445 - 06 August 2020 09:34 AM

but why start this journey with this mediocre series, unless you are intentionally keeping the best for last, but anyways, 1st parts of the Whispered World, Edna, and Harvey, or Night of the Rabbit; pick anyone without thinking.

Bc ive heard so much about deponia over the yrs.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

So when you say Daedalic, do you mean developed or published?

I recently got AER, and I really love this game! But i think they published it. (It plays like a mix of JOURNEY, and LEGEND OF ZELDA)

As I finish Heroine’s quest I might join you, and we can turn it into some unofficial playthrough if you want.

I REALLY liked the Dark Eye Games so far (still working on memoria)

I think at this point I’ve collected most of their games that were included in that bundle.  Deponia I haven’t played much of, it just didn’t hook me, and Randal’s Monday, I just uninstalled it after booting it up once.

I look forward to hearing your opinions my friend!

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Celebreon - 07 August 2020 09:15 AM

I recently got AER, and I really love this game! But i think they published it. (It plays like a mix of JOURNEY, and LEGEND OF ZELDA)

As I finish Heroine’s quest I might join you, and we can turn it into some unofficial playthrough if you want.

I REALLY liked the Dark Eye Games so far (still working on memoria)

I think at this point I’ve collected most of their games that were included in that bundle.  Deponia I haven’t played much of, it just didn’t hook me, and Randal’s Monday, I just uninstalled it after booting it up once.

I look forward to hearing your opinions my friend!

To be honest I’m not sure I think it’s games actually made by them. There is 11 games in the collection. I’m going to do the deponia series and then I really want to try a new beginning, but I heard the voice acting is terrible so that might be a deal-breaker for me.

Have you played deponia? I’d love to see what you think about the puzzles so feel free to join me

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

and Randal’s Monday, I just uninstalled it after booting it up once.

You’re smarter than I am. It took me 3 hours to realize I was enjoying that game about as much as a liver transplant (which I would need after the amount of alcohol consumed to get me all the way through it).

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

It’s funny, I looked up AER and you mentioned how it reminded you of Journey. The developers of Journey actually released a game that’s much more similar looking even. It’s Sky: Children of Light.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Vehelon - 07 August 2020 12:21 PM

and Randal’s Monday, I just uninstalled it after booting it up once.

You’re smarter than I am. It took me 3 hours to realize I was enjoying that game about as much as a liver transplant (which I would need after the amount of alcohol consumed to get me all the way through it).

I lasted 20 minutes.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

well I beat deopnia part 1 today, and I loved it. I dont know if the puzzles got easier or I just got in tune with the game’s logic, but from act 2 on I had very little trouble, although act 2 and 3 were a lot shorter. Overall steam said it took me 8 hrs to beat it, but it was more like 7, bc I left it up while I did some stuff around the house.

I get why some hate rufus but he just works for me, he reminds me of daffy duck aka a character who thinks he can do no wrong, but is constantly put in his place. lol

I loved the music, especially the interludes with the singer. The animation worked for me as a whole, and even though some objects blended in too much, the game features a hot spot marker which I loved. One gameplay issue that I had constanty was that some actions required me to double click while other actions of the same nature only required one click.

This is the most fun I have had with an adventure game this yr by far.  I couldnt put it down. My biggest gripe with the game, is I thought it took a bit too long to really get going.

overall for me a 9/10

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s nice to see the Deponia series getting some love. My favorite is the last game with its real clever time travel, but I like all four games.

Jdawg445 - 07 August 2020 05:43 PM

I loved the music, especially the interludes with the singer.

That’s the developer singing. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top