• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Syberia 1 has some of my favourite game music ever, so yay for (hopefully) getting more of that!

Liked this bit in the EG article:

Kristan Reed reviewed the PS2 port of the first Syberia back in 2003 where he gave it a 5/10. “The story itself is well above the standard cobbled-together gaming fare,” said Reed, but he found the execution left something to be desired. “With neither the clever dialogue, the beautiful visuals nor the fabulously constructed puzzles of LucasArts adventure games of yore, Syberia merely leaves us wondering why the adventure diehards got so excited about it.”

The fact that the reviewer could only compare the game to LucasArts I think says it all really.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Syberia was a beautiful game by my eyes. I’m not really sure what games they were comparing it to, because I struggle to think of a Lucas Arts adventure with a comparable “realistic” style, apart from maybe Grim Fandango? Syberia came out 4 years after Grim Fandango, though, so it obviously looks a lot better.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

orient - 26 November 2012 09:39 PM

The main thing they need to get right is the wonderful, isolated atmosphere of the previous games.

This!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 27 November 2012 12:23 PM

The main thing they need to get right is the wonderful, isolated atmosphere of the previous games.

This!

I couldn’t agree more Thumbs Up

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-06-20

PM

A.A - 27 November 2012 02:41 AM

Syberia 1 has some of my favourite game music ever, so yay for (hopefully) getting more of that!

Liked this bit in the EG article:

Kristan Reed reviewed the PS2 port of the first Syberia back in 2003 where he gave it a 5/10. “The story itself is well above the standard cobbled-together gaming fare,” said Reed, but he found the execution left something to be desired. “With neither the clever dialogue, the beautiful visuals nor the fabulously constructed puzzles of LucasArts adventure games of yore, Syberia merely leaves us wondering why the adventure diehards got so excited about it.”

The fact that the reviewer could only compare the game to LucasArts I think says it all really.

The fact that he reviewed the PS2 version instead of the PC version says it all.  Smile

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

When I created the topic “Microïds is now Anuman Interactive”, I posted “I just saw that Microïds is now a copyright of Anuman Interactive company. Is there a chance that we can see a Benoid Sokal game again?”... So, I WAS RIGHT!!! THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNEL!!!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

UruBoo - 27 November 2012 02:15 PM

THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNEL!!!

It may still be an approaching train, though… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Well for the fact that Microids on facebook has been posting stuff up hinting at Syberia for more than a month, it was pretty obvious it was going to happen.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The just need to do what they did with the previous two games and have lots and lots of pretty, but empty screens that you run through.

I will wait to see what happens with this. It’s currently not clear who is actually making the game. Sokal writing it is a plus, but it’s not the same development team as before.

The fact that the last game Micriods made was Still Life 2 doesn’t fill me with confidence.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I was just thinking - Syberia 3 would mark the time span of 10+ years after the previous installment. Tales of Monkey Island comes close if you consider it a sequel. Any other cases which rival that?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-06-20

PM

Lucien21 - 27 November 2012 05:08 PM

The just need to do what they did with the previous two games and have lots and lots of pretty, but empty screens that you run through.

I will wait to see what happens with this. It’s currently not clear who is actually making the game. Sokal writing it is a plus, but it’s not the same development team as before.

The fact that the last game Micriods made was Still Life 2 doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Microids did not make SL 2, they just published it.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

diego - 27 November 2012 08:04 PM

I was just thinking - Syberia 3 would mark the time span of 10+ years after the previous installment. Tales of Monkey Island comes close if you consider it a sequel. Any other cases which rival that?

There’s Dizzy Returns. Not a pure adventure game but fairly close.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

I was just thinking - Syberia 3 would mark the time span of 10+ years after the previous installment.

10 years already?! I really need to play the first two installments!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tex Murphy. That’ll be 15 years, IF they can release in 2013.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

What a year for adventure gamers this is turning out to be, with all the Kickstarters like Broken Sword, Double Fine Adventure, Hero-U, and Pinkerton Road/Jane Jensen, plus news of sequels for Syberia and Dreamfall/TLJ. The genre feels like it has finally moved up a gear again.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top