• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 27 November 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

With the Silly Celebration Week and then the 6-months anniversary, it’s been a while since the previous Tex Tuesday, but I wouldn’t have missed the final instalment for the world: we’ve waited too long for more of Tex’s adventures not to celebrate it when it’s finally happening.

So after a particularly-well-handled Kickstarter campaign (the “Magnificent Moneybags” – or whatever they were called – stunt at the end was particularly clever), Project Fedora got on its way. Very few details have been revealed about the game yet, but we’ve been shown an office with a tacky carpet and a weird device-thingy (what would Tex Murphy be without weird device-thingies?).

Thoughts? Speculation? Are you excited?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I hadn’t seen that image before, or at least don’t recall it. Was it posted in an update or on the Big Finish forums?

I’m very excited for Project Fedora!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Magnificent 7 was a great stunt in the kickstarter, it “kickstarted” the pledge total that was running a little slow.

It’s my most wanted kickstarter project, but I’m thinking it will be a long wait (don’t have any idea what it the target release date)

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

The new Tex Murphy game is the top 1 on my most wanted list for 2013. I am so looking forward to this game, I really hope it delivers. One of the most important titles to come out in the next year.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Niclas - 27 November 2012 04:46 PM

The new Tex Murphy game is the top 1 on my motst wanted list for 2013. I am so looking forward to this game, I really hope it delivers. One of the most important titles to come out in the next year.

I would second motst of that statement.

Tex Murphy rules.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

inm8#2 - 27 November 2012 01:52 PM

I hadn’t seen that image before, or at least don’t recall it. Was it posted in an update or on the Big Finish forums?

It’s from the video in the Aug. 30th blog update (for backers only, you need to be logged in to access it).

(It’s been 3 months since that update and they haven’t told us much since then. I wish they did regular updates, like DFA, Pinkerton Road or the Larry remake.)

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Wow I wasn’t aware of that blog! I check the forums occasionally, and they seem to send a Kickstarter message every few weeks, but I’ll check the blog more diligently. Some good stuff in there, including a video update from last week.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Kurufinwe - 27 November 2012 11:15 AM

Of course I am. I just can’t keep myself from being concerned how the FMV will turn out.

Surely that’s something that has to be on everyone’s mind. Tex will be, what, 15 years older from when we saw him last? In terms of our heroes aging, that’s almost comparable to the new Indiana Jones movie, which I just couldn’t enjoy because he looked too old to be raiding arks.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

As long as Aaron and Chris didn’t cast Shia Lebeouf as Tex’s estranged son, we should be fine.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Zifnab - 27 November 2012 09:53 PM
Kurufinwe - 27 November 2012 11:15 AM

Of course I am. I just can’t keep myself from being concerned how the FMV will turn out.

Surely that’s something that has to be on everyone’s mind. Tex will be, what, 15 years older from when we saw him last? In terms of our heroes aging, that’s almost comparable to the new Indiana Jones movie, which I just couldn’t enjoy because he looked too old to be raiding arks.

Chris Jones looked pretty OK in the initial KS video so I think it’ll work out fine.
Like others this is the one next year I’m most looking forward to. I just hope it doesn’t take as long to materialise as the last one I was really looking forward to - Haunted Grin

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

inm8#2 - 27 November 2012 10:07 PM

As long as Aaron and Chris didn’t cast Shia Lebeouf as Tex’s estranged son don’t let George Lucas write or produce it, we should be fine.

FYP.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top