• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Luhr28 - 07 July 2020 04:49 AM

Damn, I’m sure I’ve played this. I can’t remember the name…Something with “spy” in the title?

No, that’s not in the title, must be a different game.

A couple of more hints then.

Direct hint about the game: it’s a short game, it takes probably less than 30 minutes to complete for experienced (adventure) gamers.

Roundabout hint about the game: the game that the developer made four years after this one, has received Aggie Awards.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hey GateKeeper, please just post another screenshot!  Smile

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Request seconded.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

I guess few more hints are needed.
The theme of the game is war, WWII to be more precise.
The game is made with AGS.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The game is called “La Croix Pan” by the author of Gemini Rue. It was pain in the a.. to find it, because AG don’t have it in its database.

And just now I realized there isn’t a place on internet where you can search databases with filters like “cyberpunk”. Confused (you can on Mobygames, but it shows entire history of cyberpunk games, without filtering through genres).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

diego - 08 July 2020 12:30 PM

The game is called “La Croix Pan” by the author of Gemini Rue. It was pain in the a.. to find it, because AG don’t have it in its database.

You are correct!
It is indeed La Croix Pan an adventure/FPS hybrid freeware game from 2007, created by Joshua Nuernberger aka. TheJBurger, who four years later made the famous Gemini Rue.

La Croix Pan was a good effort too, it received AGS Award nominations in the following categories:

Nominated, Best Background Art 2007
Nominated, Best Animation 2007
Nominated, Best Use of Sound 2007
Nominated, Best Short Game 2007
Nominated, Best Programming 2007

The game is actually in AG database, but you need to check the freeware section, as AG database confusingly separates commercial and freeware games.

http://adventuregamers.com/games/view/16262

The screenshots were not from the database or Mobygames, they were taken from my own review of the game.

I guess this was a bit on the harder side, but now that the answer is known, it was an award-nominated game from an award-winning developer, so not really that obscure. Smile

diego - 08 July 2020 12:30 PM

And just now I realized there isn’t a place on internet where you can search databases with filters like “cyberpunk”. Confused (you can on Mobygames, but it shows entire history of cyberpunk games, without filtering through genres).

Can’t agree more with that. I am always disappointed when the advanced search really isn’t advanced at all, if even available. I wish there was some database that would allow me to search for all third person point-and-clicks from certain decade or whatever, it’s not a difficult database query as such, even I could write it, but for some reason such search options just aren’t there.

You can’t find those even in Steam, even though they would have a clear commercial interest in making it easy for customers to find certain kind of games. At least, thinking positively, it makes it possible to find unexpected random game findings from time to time, when some “hidden” games somehow pop up.

Anyway, the next game please!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

GateKeeper - 08 July 2020 01:02 PM

The game is actually in AG database, but you need to check the freeware section, as AG database confusingly separates commercial and freeware games.

The thing is, when you click on the name of the author - https://adventuregamers.com/companies/view/1512 only Gemini Rue is displayed.

Can’t agree more with that. I am always disappointed when the advanced search really isn’t advanced at all, if even available. I wish there was some database that would allow me to search for all third person point-and-clicks from certain decade or whatever, it’s not a difficult database query as such, even I could write it, but for some reason such search options just aren’t there.

Mobygames search has those - filter by adventure, filter by view (1st, 3rd person…) and even a year. It’s the best search I’ve seen so far. It only lacks search for a specific theme, under the certain genre. “Late” Adventure-archiv had something along those lines, under “Kategorien” - https://web.archive.org/web/20190826235657/http://www.adventure-archiv.com/

As for the next game, you can find it under Adventure/2011/Mystery. Or not. Sarcastic

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

La Croix Pan

Huh?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

diego - 08 July 2020 02:23 PM

Mobygames search has those - filter by adventure, filter by view (1st, 3rd person…) and even a year.

Searching by year on Mobygames is pretty worthless as their database isn’t game based but packaging based, meaning that you can get results for games that were released 30 years before your query simply because they are now being sold on GOG.com or have been put in a compilation or something. They also often moronically list game release dates by their early access date, meaning the games have dates that are sometime years before their actual release. In addition, they either snoop on your browser’s user agent and alter their page to your platform or they simply have a US bias as the release year that shows on a game’s page is almost never the original release date if the game was originally released in a different country.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

D - 08 July 2020 04:24 PM

Mobygames search has those - filter by adventure, filter by view (1st, 3rd person…) and even a year.

Searching by year on Mobygames is pretty worthless as their database isn’t game based but packaging based, meaning that you can get results for games that were released 30 years before your query simply because they are now being sold on GOG.com or have been put in a compilation or something. They also often moronically list game release dates by their early access date, meaning the games have dates that are sometime years before their actual release. In addition, they either snoop on your browser’s user agent and alter their page to your platform or they simply have a US bias as the release year that shows on a game’s page is almost never the original release date if the game was originally released in a different country.

It’s all true, but hardly worthless - still better than anything I’ve seen. Because I haven’t seen anything like it. Wink

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

The thing is, when you click on the name of the author - https://adventuregamers.com/companies/view/1512 only Gemini Rue is displayed.

Mobygames search has those - filter by adventure, filter by view (1st, 3rd person…) and even a year. It’s the best search I’ve seen so far. It only lacks search for a specific theme, under the certain genre. “Late” Adventure-archiv had something along those lines, under “Kategorien” - https://web.archive.org/web/20190826235657/http://www.adventure-archiv.com/

As for the next game, you can find it under Adventure/2011/Mystery. Or not. Sarcastic

New screenshot?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yessir:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Black Mirror?

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top