• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

OKay we have Ultimate Scoffer
Ultimate long-haired Romantic
Ultimate Diet Coke day dreamer

Mike Kelly do you have an ultimate archetype?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Let’s go with ultimate football player. Now that would be fun.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

The “ultimate” thing is very silly. It just gets crazier as the games go on. I’m particularly okay with it in context of what happens in the third game. (Third game is very much a love it or hate it ending)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Do the games keep holding your hand during the “deadly life” sequences, and do the cases become harder to see through? Apart from some details that only pop up during the trial itself, I’ve pretty much managed to nail every single case before the trial even started so far… It never gets turned completely upside down as in the Phoenix Wright games…
Well, for now at least, just finished the third trial.

At least the game has started to give some insight into the bigger “behind the scenes” picture. It’s probably gearing up to be a mindfuck like the Zero Escape games. Bring it on. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The cases do get harder with less hand holding. This is especially true in 2 and v3. And yes the plot will be revealed nicely by the end of the game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-06-28

PM

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments. Nearing the end of case 5. I’m thinking I prefer the traditional long single case than the multi mini case format.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

TimovieMan - 05 July 2020 06:14 PM

Do the games keep holding your hand during the “deadly life” sequences, and do the cases become harder to see through? Apart from some details that only pop up during the trial itself, I’ve pretty much managed to nail every single case before the trial even started so far… It never gets turned completely upside down as in the Phoenix Wright games…
Well, for now at least, just finished the third trial.

At least the game has started to give some insight into the bigger “behind the scenes” picture. It’s probably gearing up to be a mindfuck like the Zero Escape games. Bring it on. Grin

mindfucking there certainly is in this series. I will say relatively less amount of it in the first game… and i really liked it. Personally i prefer “makes sense in the context and somewhat predictable” Vs “OMG CRAAZY TWISSSTS UNPREDICTABLE” Thats not to say the game doesnt have big twists.. it certainly does.. just not zero escape everything upside down style (in the first game… keep playing the other games if thats what you crave.) Its been too many years and too many games for me to comment on specifics for difficulty/hand holding, but i thought it struck a good enough balance.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

TruthTiger - 06 July 2020 07:23 AM

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments. Nearing the end of case 5. I’m thinking I prefer the traditional long single case than the multi mini case format.

NO spoilers please because I have put this game on the back burner,

But I think this Crimes and punishments game is pretty fun!

It has a great cinematic quality to it,
and I really like how you can connect evidence together incorrectly, or unravel the whole thing and start over by connecting the evidence in a different way.

It’s pretty neat compared to something like phoenix wright or blackwell where the game mostly only understands one continuity that you need to figure out.

In Sherlock holmes, the deduction feels like more a part of it, because not only do the evidence need to tell a narrative, but also they can be interpreted different ways.

I haven’t played the Testament of Sherlock Holmes yet, so I’m curious is that small episodes like C&P, or is it long-form investigation like you said you prefer?

How does it compare to the crimes and punishments game>?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Celebreon - 06 July 2020 09:53 PM

I haven’t played the Testament of Sherlock Holmes yet, so I’m curious is that small episodes like C&P, or is it long-form investigation like you said you prefer?

How does it compare to the crimes and punishments game>?

I don’t want to answer for TruthTiger (especially with a name like that!) But for me it was a huge disappointment. Crimes and Punishments I thought was really great and they should have stuck with the same formula. Don’t try and change what ain’t broken Pan

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-06-28

PM

Testament of Sherlock Holmes released before Crime and Punishments.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

TruthTiger - 07 July 2020 07:36 AM

Testament of Sherlock Holmes released before Crime and Punishments.

Yeah. Testament was the last one they did using the same formula first used in The Awakened.

I think both Testament and Crimes and Punishments are really good games. Crimes suffers a bit from one badly written case, but apart from that it’s probably my favorite Frogwares Sherlock game.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I started beautiful desolation this week… so far im impressed.. definitely a strange game, and the interface took a couple hours to get used to.. but its a wild ride with engaging puzzle exploration. i actually particularly like that all conversations are archived and you can go back and read them. Thats not often a feature in this style of adventure.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Roki.

I’m about 3-4 hours into it.

So far loving it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing The Perils of Man. So far, quite good. Great graphics and voice acting. Plot is drawing me in as well. Hope it continues to be a fun game.

Heart

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

TimovieMan - 03 July 2020 01:06 PM

I just finished the second class trial and, well, I’m hoping the game improves, because it’s very uneven, imho. You get bombarded with way too many characters at once at the start, it takes forever to start going somewhere,

Interesting opinion. Generally over-exposition is a bad thing(I tend to be lenient with my mysteries) but never felt Danganronpa committed this sin. Prologue takes about an hour to play through and getting to know the characters took me like 10 minutes. After that you’re done.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top