• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #60 - The Silent Age

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The game is available for $2.99 on gamefools.com . It’s not a vendor I’m familiar with, so I’m not sure I want to share any data, e.g. credit card number, with them.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 16 June 2020 02:59 PM

I started playing the game and finished the first two chapters in no time. That was brief. Despite some back and forth running and clicking on every hotspot it felt more like an interactive prologue or a tutorial (only there’s not much to learn, the interface is as simple as they get). Wasn’t stumped for a minute. Can’t say anything about the story as well, an everyman who discovers other universes is an old concept. Future Wars and Space Quest immediately come to mind. Hopefully everything gets trickier as soon as the time travel gadget is activated.

it gets better.
but anyway the point when i said it is not suitable for CPT it was bc its 2 hours run at best can hardly be…

Please do not reply to this post anyone, just let it be, I am not here to spoil the party.
sorry anyways.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oops!  I got so engrossed that I went right through chapter 3 without realizing it.  I’m enjoying this.  The voices are good, and I like the graphics.  The time travel button makes things interesting when solving problems.  It reminds me of the function of the pills in Fran Bow.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, I have revised the chapter count to 3 a week. After you complete 3 chapters, tell us how the game works for you or does not.

I also want to welcome The Research Age to the playthrough, he is a developer of a spiritual successor to the game and has quite a bit of insight on the game he can share.

He may have some insight on the games plot and story he can share with us.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, so I found this in my steam library and thought I would give it a go, having been intrigued by it in the past but never played it.

Firstly, I am really glad you extended to 3 chapters MikeK, because as beautiful and stylish as the first two chapters are I wasn’t overwhelmed by them. Very short and a little mindless.

However, Chapter 3 started getting interesting with the switching between time periods, suddenly some thought was going into the puzzle solving and while none of the puzzles were hard, the brain had to be engaged a little here and there.

Although the game started with a ‘casual’ feel, I don’t know if I would describe it that way after Chapter 3. There is a fair amount of inventory activity I wouldn’t expect from a pure ‘casual’ and the puzzles start ‘layering’ - i.e. I need X to do Y, but to obtain X I have to do A to B first, which was cool. Again, no rocket science needed but just enough challenge to have some level of satisfaction.

I’m looking forward to the next section already.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Remembered I had this on my computer already and decided to replay it. I like Joe! Somewhat naive, yes, but such a good heart and a strong moral center. I like the way the developer used those short vignettes in the beginning to demonstrate Joe’s character, set up the story and also to develop the atmosphere.

So far the puzzles have been easy, in fact easier than I remember them. Either I retained some memory of how they work or I am getting smarter!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

As with Tormentium Dark Sorrow, this game will make an interesting CPT. Most posters around the internet place the total playtime of the game at around 6 hours. Obviously more if you get badly stuck on a puzzle or two and less if you have played the game or similar games before. So this playthrough should take up 2 hours of your time each week for three weeks.

And yes, some of the puzzles later on in the game can get a little tricky. I’m glad people like the first 3 chapters, they do set the mood for the rest of the game.

The Research Scientist, your video link does not work. Do you have any information on game development you would like to share?

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m really bad at picking up the changes in chapters, I already did chapter 4 thinking it was still 3.  Confused

Well, anyway, it is an interesting story and the puzzles are mostly fun. The available areas are limited enough so it doesn’t feel bothersome to go back to the same spaces several times.

Joe seems very shy. And he’s definitely not treated well. Of course he’s getting more work and responsibilities but no recognition or pay. I found the setting in the beginning already interesting even before anything “happened”.

What goes for his mission, the old guy was so adamant that he’d thought everything through so well, but then all he says is “find me”. Like, dude, who are you and how do I find you? There was time to give actual directions instead of just praising yourself and critisizing others…

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I thought the old guy’s dialogue was deliciously over the top hilarious. I kept of thinking that and the police interrogation would have made great FMV scenes.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

furgotten - 17 June 2020 06:26 PM

I thought the old guy’s dialogue was deliciously over the top hilarious. I kept of thinking that and the police interrogation would have made great FMV scenes.

For sure these characters are intentionally obnoxious.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2020-06-12

PM

I’m so sorry for the broken link!  Neutral

I edit the post, now it work. Anyway you can watch the making of The Silent Age here:

Hope you like it. Have you ever seen this artwork sketch?

Have you ever seen the making of the scientist room?

I attached a screenshot of an unpublished room of The Silent Age that you will find in my game The research Age where the Chloro Cola are produced Nerd

See you soon!  Heart

Image Attachments

vlcsnap-2018-03-09-23h14m01s386.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

slow down man, i couldn’t keep up with what you were saying, just kidding, Tongue u must have seen this coming anyway.

great game man, looking forward to play the research age as soon as i am done with a couple i am running now, good luck   Heart

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now finished the first 3 chapters - I can’t remember how long ago I first played the game but I’d completely forgotten it had voice-acting so that was a pleasant surprise ....& quite good too I thought.

furgotten - 17 June 2020 11:42 AM

...  I like Joe! Somewhat naive, yes, but such a good heart and a strong moral center. I like the way the developer used those short vignettes in the beginning to demonstrate Joe’s character, set up the story and also to develop the atmosphere.

Me too, & I felt for Joe as millenia mentioned he seems shy - his social awkwardness demonstrated when he has to talk to the secretary.

@MikeKelly - we’ve all reached the stopping point I think - please can we move on?  Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Of course, please continue on with chapters 4 - 6.

The game really picks up here.

Heart

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Alright, already finished chapters 5 and 6, this time I noticed when the 7th begun Tongue.

I think puzzle-wise chapter 6 was rather weak. Not so much because it was night and the solar powered time device stopped working but because earlier the theme was pretty much “get out without getting noticed” and it that context most of the puzzles made some sense. On chapter 6 most of the puzzles seemed rather silly, unnecessary and not believable.

Chapter 5 was interesting though, actually learning new things. Joe’s reactions towards the medical items didn’t really paint a picture of an intelligent person, but the interlude between ch5 and 6 had him voicing out pretty thoughtful questions.

One thing is that Joe definitely is making changes that are observable to the player. The poison ivy, the open hospital door and I’d think even the open file cabinet was a one of those changes. So I would presume this wont be one of those unbreakable loops where the protagonist actually instigates everything that will happen - at least not completely. It still is a common theme in time travel and I’m pretty sure we will see some more doubts about it at least.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top