• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04LBRTY

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 25 November 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I wasn’t planning on devoting the week-end to weird French games, but then for some reason yesterday I started thinking about the BAT series and so I decided I had to post something from it today.

I got BAT II (The Koshan Conspiracy) in some magazine cover CD a few years after its release, and since I remembered it had received some glowing reviews, I gave it a try. Man, what a confusing experience that was! It seems like the designers were more concerned with building a life simulator than an actual game: zillions of characters and items, time and stats to keep track of, a complete programming module to automate stuff… Supposedly there’s a storyline buried in there, but I was never able to find it and gave up in disgust after a few hours.

Anyone ever played BAT or BAT II?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I like the looks of it, but have never heard of these before. Judging from your experience though, I think I’ll find them equally frustrating.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Never heard of these before and they don’t sound like anything I’d like to play. The graphics looks a bit weird too.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

BAT I and II are great. One of the very few adventure games which but try to blend with other styles of gameplay but remain actual adventures, and succeed in doing it. Definitely underrated.

The “confusing” criticisms are probably accurate, but it’s a cyberpunk game (kinda) - what proper cyberpunk game shouldn’t be confusing? But seriously, it really does give you a feel of being on an alien planet swarming with other life forms and hundreds of important things happening at once.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top