• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Secrets of Jesus

Total Posts: 110

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

chrissie - 22 May 2020 08:02 AM

I’m not sure that a person of devout Christian faith would even go near the game?

A german pastor played and loved it. He did a very nice and positive review as video
Smile

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Are these “devout Christians” the same ones who loved The Passion of the Christ? Grin

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

I forgot to write something. I think its not fair at all that Shawn is responsible for the review of The Secrets of Jesus. He is studying theology… So.. no comment Meh  Pan

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

This is a good example of why review grades are often garbage and you shouldn’t trust them.
No way this game rates as low as a 1.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This could be great for marketing. Kinda like “The Room” of adventure games.

It could go like: Have you watched “The Room”? Now play “The Secret of Jesus.”

You could see a huge spike in orders!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Played the game now I am a devout Christian. 11/5

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

crabapple - 22 May 2020 02:50 PM

This is a good example of why review grades are often garbage and you shouldn’t trust them.

most of the best games I ve played had either 3 or 3.5 ratings here, take Edna n Harvey for example; the best adventure made in this century that comes close to Dott or MI.

Amir - 22 May 2020 09:03 AM

I forgot to write something. I think its not fair at all that Shawn is responsible for the review of The Secrets of Jesus. He is studying theology… So.. no comment Meh  Pan

that is the weirdest argument! .. would ye settle for a devoted Mulsim instead?

Shawn is a retro lover and he could be a perfect choice, but anyways who cares about the rating, i am glad they pulled it down at the bottom of the review pages, which seems more convenient now

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

crabapple - 22 May 2020 02:50 PM

Thank u Heart Gimme a hug Laughing

As a player I dont trust them. Some people love a game and others hate it.

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Mikekelly - 22 May 2020 07:13 PM

This could be great for marketing. Kinda like “The Room” of adventure games.

It could go like: Have you watched “The Room”? Now play “The Secret of Jesus.”

You could see a huge spike in orders!

Heart

But this could be also great for bad marketing Laughing

It could go like: Have you seen The Secrets of Jesus and the review? What a bad game Smile

But I dont care. As I said, there are positive reviews on other websites Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Origami - 22 May 2020 11:04 PM

Played the game now I am a devout Christian. 11/5

Thank you for playing Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Yes of course. A Muslim would be much more merciful because he doesnt believe in Jesus “The son of God”. I mean, there is no blasphemy for him in the game.

Shawn is a retro lover and he could be a perfect choice, but anyways who cares about the rating, i am glad they pulled it down at the bottom of the review pages, which seems more convenient now

I think, not a perfect choice for The Secrets of Jesus. He is studying theology, and I know, you know and all people know that a Christian can never be neutral no matter how open minded and cool he is. a Christian is automatically biased (Feelings) They are saying that themselves and told me that. There are many things in the game that he think its blasphemy. Had I known that a theologian was writing the review, I wouldn’t have given them keys Meh

I have nothing against theologians or Christians (my parents are christians) but believe me, he is the wrong person to review TSoJ.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Who wouldv thought a game about jesus might be controversial Wink
Anyway, regardless of whether you agree with the score, the AGS review seems to be full of valid points. Its plain to see the script has issues. It is 100% wrong to imply the reviewer should not have reviewed it because of religious affiliation. I mean he even says in the review part of the problem is that its bland.. and that if it was more blasphemous it would at least be more entertaining and appeal to a larger group of people.

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

No no, not because of religious affiliation, because he is a theologian. They are always much much more religious than normal Christians and rarely understand such a sense of humor as in TSoJ. Many normal Christians dont like it too because of the dark humor. I’ve also seen a lot of swear words and anger, but it doesn’t matter now.
But truly truly I tell you, everyone who played it and liked it will be in paradise with Jesus Tongue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Amir - 23 May 2020 09:56 AM

Yes of course. A Muslim would be much more merciful because he doesnt believe in Jesus “The son of God”. I mean, there is no blasphemy for him in the game.

makes a lot of sense, even could accept the story of the game more than this, as Muslims believe that Jesus was saved from death.

Not really related to the topic but i thought since the subject is being brought up, that when Jesus comes at the end of times Muslims believe it is not bc he has risen but bc he wasn’t dead in the first place. but however, the controversies between this and that and are what the media like to express, tho a devoted Muslim must believe in Jesus as his savior no matter who he is (a god or a prophet) but again no one would be interested in these matters as long as they are not controversial enough to make it to whatever medium that is.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Advie - 24 May 2020 04:20 AM
Amir - 23 May 2020 09:56 AM

makes a lot of sense, even could accept the story of the game more than this, as Muslims believe that Jesus was saved from death.

Not really related to the topic but i thought since the subject is being brought up, that when Jesus comes at the end of times Muslims believe it is not bc he has risen but bc he wasn’t dead in the first place.

I don’t see why, if he could perform all those other miracles Muslims believe he did, and raised others from the dead, he couldn’t raise himself. So not much of this makes sense to me anyway. We’re all Sons of God and this big contest about who is more “special” is a joke which I’m sure all these prophets and saviors are laughing about in heaven. (And they would surely be playing Secrets of Jesus before picking up a bible or koran)  Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top