• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nighthawks - New Wadjet Eye Game - Kickstarter

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

DCast - 10 May 2020 11:46 PM

Vampire the Masquearade has “cult classic” tag on Steam, so I suppose I’ll check it out next.

Bloodlines is amazing, wonderful and deeply broken. A design mixing Deus Ex-style first person action and flexibility with an Obsidian approach to character and story, all atmosphere and memorable locations and encounters and then suddenly the second half degenerates into sewers and tedious combat. Still well worth playing, especially if you’re interested in the influence it had on a lot of later games!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yea, Bloodlines is one of my favorite.PC games, very gothic and gloomy. I should replay it because it’s been years since I played it last.

The first half is definaty better than the second, but overall a great gaming experience.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Mikekelly - 11 May 2020 09:08 AM

Yea, Bloodlines is one of my favorite.PC games, very gothic and gloomy. I should replay it because it’s been years since I played it last.

The first half is definaty better than the second, but overall a great gaming experience.

Heart

Have you played with the restoration patch? (Fan made with Dev guidance apparently) It makes the game quite more pollished and it completely makes the game worth visiting again if you havent.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Have you played with the restoration patch? (Fan made with Dev guidance apparently) It makes the game quite more pollished and it completely makes the game worth visiting again if you havent.

Yes, I played the game patched. Maybe that’s why it played so well and was an excellent gaming experience.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

I have to agree with Phlebas. The game starts off nicely and descends into a combat-heavy slog. I remember one section in a graveyard where you are just fighting off corpses for what seems like hours. I think I abandoned the game at that point.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Phlebas - 11 May 2020 06:11 AM

Still well worth playing, especially if you’re interested in the influence it had on a lot of later games!

Like which ones?

I’m definitely getting it! Surprisingly it doesn’t get mentioned as much as other adventure “cult classics” even though many people seem to be really enjoying it.

Does the first game comes patched at purchase or is it something I have to find on my own?

By the way, just noticed that Bloodlines 2 is due this year. I suppose that’s even more exciting than the Nighthawks for you guys Smile

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

DCast - 12 May 2020 02:11 PM
Phlebas - 11 May 2020 06:11 AM

Still well worth playing, especially if you’re interested in the influence it had on a lot of later games!

Like which ones?

I’m definitely getting it! Surprisingly it doesn’t get mentioned as much as other adventure “cult classics” even though many people seem to be really enjoying it.

Does the first game comes patched at purchase or is it something I have to find on my own?

By the way, just noticed that Bloodlines 2 is due this year. I suppose that’s even more exciting than the Nighthawks for you guys Smile

Yeah its an unofficial patch, search wesp5 bloodlines.
It wouldnt get much mention for “adventure cult classics” because people would consider it “action rpg/sand box” primarily. It has adventure elements for sure, but doesnt present itself as an adventure game.
I am excited for the second game, but i honestly dont know what to expect. As far as i know the people working on this sequel have no connection to the original devs. So my hopes are high but i dont know… the last trailer i saw had a very gta vibe going on… its not necessarily a bad thing. Fingers crossed.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

zane - 12 May 2020 03:34 PM

Yeah its an unofficial patch, search wesp5 bloodlines.
It wouldnt get much mention for “adventure cult classics” because people would consider it “action rpg/sand box” primarily. It has adventure elements for sure, but doesnt present itself as an adventure game.
I am excited for the second game, but i honestly dont know what to expect. As far as i know the people working on this sequel have no connection to the original devs. So my hopes are high but i dont know… the last trailer i saw had a very gta vibe going on… its not necessarily a bad thing. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip on the patch!

I also noticed there’s a ton of other projects (mostly VNs) come up when you search for Bloodlines. Most are still to come, but I wonder if the released ones are any good.

Also, from what I’ve gathered, Nighthawks is just “inspired by” this game, right? It’s not going to build up on the universe or previous characters?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Also, from what I’ve gathered, Nighthawks is just “inspired by” this game, right? It’s not going to build up on the universe or previous characters?

That is correct, Nighthawks is only inspired by this game. Bloodlines 2 is the sequel to Bloodlines and will be released later this year.

Heart

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Just in case people havent noticed: the dev updates for this Kickstarter are really great. They regularly offer some insightful thoughts about game design and are fun reads.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Yes, Cobbett is an excellent writer and the design thoughts seem to bode very well for the finished game!

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2005-07-01

PM

DCast - 12 May 2020 02:11 PM

Like which ones?

“When government surveillance and intimidation is called “freedom from terrorism” or “liberation from crime”, freedom and liberty have become words without meanings.”
~ Chad Dumier, “Deus Ex”

The Adventure Game Enthusiast

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I tried to contact the developers to see if I should support at the “collector’s edition level” because I only wanted to support at that level if the game would get a physical release of some sort for the collector’s edition (even through limited run or something) but I got no response, so I will try it out and buy it if it goes on sale because the developers have an amazing track record, and I searched through the kickstart/website page and I found an answer, but I don’t know if it’s the right one, seem to imply it would be digital only even for collector’s edition, which…. is fine, but I don’t call that a collector’s edition if it’s digital only. 

I suppose technically you could collect digital things… but…

Anyways, yeah bloodlines is really great.  As has already been pointed out, it’s really satisfying to put a ton of points in like hacking, and lock pick, and charm or intimidate.  Until it’s not fun anymore because there’s only one way through a level and it involves a TON of combat.

Have you guys ever play Vampire The masquerade Redemption?  It plays a lot like neverwinter nights or baldur’s gate.  It’s okay.  Not amazing, but good if you just really want to explore the World of Darkness and the mechanics, it could scratch that itch.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Note to self: Never invite a Malkavian around for dinner.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah redemption is just good. It was especially good when it was the first vtm game when it came out. Bloodlines was the game we really wanted.. much closer to the pen and paper experience. Redemption did have some weird multiplayer stuff though, I wonder if any of that still functions.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top