• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gabriel Knight 4 Petition is Online

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

The GK1 remake was kind of a bust because despite it being HD the visuals are less appealing than the original. Just comparing the character portraits alone (which are a really big part of GK1) it’s no contest, really.

No offense to Phoenix Online Studios, I really like Cognition, but their 3D visuals are usually underwhelming. So if Jane made a new game I think she should collaborate with someone else.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

PlanetX - 02 May 2020 06:17 PM

The GK1 remake was kind of a bust because despite it being HD the visuals are less appealing than the original. Just comparing the character portraits alone (which are a really big part of GK1) it’s no contest, really.

No offense to Phoenix Online Studios, I really like Cognition, but their 3D visuals are usually underwhelming. So if Jane made a new game I think she should collaborate with someone else.

It wasn’t the graphics so much (well, it was that too) as the design. The way they turned a very much flawed, imperfect, in many ways selfish and greedy Gabe into a manicured, perfect looking Barbie/Ken doll character. I don’t think that fits with the script at all.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I agree.  Phoenix Online Studios did good work with Cognition as a game overall, but the graphics were just serviceable for the most part.  Though to be fair, Jane didn’t bring much quality for POS to work with in Moebius herself.

GK4 could sell well enough depending on the goal point, expecting Quantic Dream level production and sales is an unrealistic bar.  My pipe dream would be for Jane to craft a good story for GK4 and then work with Wadjet Eye Games to make the game and go “high-level retro style” with high-res 2D backgrounds and sprites.  Wadjet Eye Games is also familiar with making games with character switch puzzles, etc.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Vehelon - 02 May 2020 07:35 PM

The way they turned a very much flawed, imperfect, in many ways selfish and greedy Gabe into a manicured, perfect looking Barbie/Ken doll character. I don’t think that fits with the script at all.

Gabriel Knight did say in the original game things like, “I love my hair”, so I don’t think it goes against the underlying character design. It just isn’t better, or even on par with the original graphics quality.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

HitBattousai - 02 May 2020 07:40 PM

GK4 could sell well enough depending on the goal point, expecting Quantic Dream level production and sales is an unrealistic bar.  My pipe dream would be for Jane to craft a good story for GK4 and then work with Wadjet Eye Games to make the game and go “high-level retro style” with high-res 2D backgrounds and sprites.  Wadjet Eye Games is also familiar with making games with character switch puzzles, etc.

Best bet wouldve been a Telltale style narrative and graphics and maybe still is but afraid no publisher around to overtake.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Phoenix Online Studios did good work with Cognition

I really enjoyed this game. So yes, I would like to see POS do Gabriel Knight 4, which won’t happen. Clifftop Games could do it, and I think if they did, the game would be great.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Telltale style story adventure would probably the best option. As a whole, it is the story and the characters people remember Gabriel games from. not the puzzles.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

That mightv been marketable and made some people happy… But telltale style GK is not what I want. As a gk1 fan the process+atmosphere+mystery-solving were center stage, and the story worked so that was nice too.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Telltale style doesn’t really appeal to me either. Detective games need actual gameplay. I loved The Wolf Among Us, but even when playing I kept constantly thinking about how incredibly awesome the game would’ve been with Discworld Noir gameplay instead of the meager “puzzles” and QTEs.

Wadjet-Eye retro approach would probably please me, especially if they were actually working with the puzzles too, they have a great track record. All their puzzles seem to be from mediocre to excellent.

I also really enjoyed Cognition and wouldn’t actually mind GK4 in that style either.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah I’d get on board wadjet eye doing it. Even if the unavowed didn’t have perfect puzzles, it was such a good game overall. Unfortunately it’s probably not a thing that can happen.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Both Cognition and Gabriel Knight the remake had poor sales. Due to that, Pinkerton Road Studios is not doing anymore adventure games. Too bad, because I loved them both. FYI, Pinkerton has a license to do Gabriel Knight games, but because of poor sales, they are not doing anymore of them.

Having Wadjeteye do the games would work perfectly,  but Activision would have to pay for the game, which they won’t do.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top