• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sequence of events in MI series

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-07-27

PM

Hi everyone,

I just started playing Monkey Island 1 (I know, I know.. only just now) and since I’m now stuck in Part 2, starting to think I already tried out everything, I was wondering if this game (and by extension, the entire series) can require you to follow a specific sequence of actions/events in order to continue in the game. I can think of multiple games where you really had to pick up object X before moving to location Y, otherwise you would get stuck there, completely clueless, unless you load an earlier save-game to make up for your mistake.
Since Monkey Island is worshiped by many, I don’t think this is the case here, but please feel free to comment so at least I know I can continue my search at this very location Sarcastic

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

No, the game is not plagued by dead-end (situation which you described). At every point you can continue and proceed, without the need to load earlier save position.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-07-27

PM

Right, dead-end, that was the term I meant Wink

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

diego - 30 April 2020 11:20 AM

No, the game is not plagued by dead-end (situation which you described). At every point you can continue and proceed, without the need to load earlier save position.

True, except I heard that Roberta Williams released a Sierra version where you need to pick up the crab underwater hidden under the rock in MI1 in order to finish MI2. You did remember to do that, didn’t you Afterburn?

Wink kidding

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Donuts McGee - 30 April 2020 12:49 PM
diego - 30 April 2020 11:20 AM

True, except I heard that Roberta Williams released a Sierra version where you need to pick up the crab underwater hidden under the rock in MI1 in order to finish MI2. You did remember to do that, didn’t you Afterburn?

Oh, and there’s this:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

Funny…  I didn’t think you could die in LucasArts adventure games…

Although counter examples certainly exist.

Supposedly there is at least 1 or 2 ways to die in Escape from Monkey Island too.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

diego - 30 April 2020 02:21 PM

Oh, and there’s this:

You know, I never thought of that scene as a dig at Sierra, but looking again - it totally is!  Laughing

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top