• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Complex

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

In the midst of Corona-Virus news and mystery, this game break-out this month, i shouldn’t be the one bringing it to attention as it has two major things it can be related to that i am really not a fan of; FMV and Interactive Novel..

But however, i could not stay away from it’s news bc of the FMV quality that I’ve seen so far which is VERY nice than most of those I am aware of, which were intimidating for me to try, plus the timing of its release.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1107790/The_Complex/

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hmmm, this does look interesting and it’s out today.

I may well pick this up when I have some time, has anyone else got it/played it yet?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’ve done one playthrough, took about 75 minutes. Definitely got a bad ending.

Obviously there’s plenty of replayability with the choices you make, just like Late Shift.

There’s an end-game stats screen saying there are 196 individual scenes to discover (I found 80 that one time through) and 9 unique endings.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-03-14

PM

Impressive cinematography and camera work show that the person behind the camera and the montage was quite talented. And for a low budget interactive movie, the sets and effects are quite good, with the exception of a few glaring items.
On the other hand, I’d say that the acting is sub-par and wooden, with the exception of a few side characters, the rest of the cast plays like they are reading the script and in many occasions overact when trying to add some tension to a scene. It feels like a b-movie like Sharknado, which you “enjoy due to its poor quality”.

My biggest qualm though is the fact that it doesn’t really have that much replayability. the 9 endings are in reality 3. 1 in four minor variations, another 1 in four minor variations and 1 “secret death”. In less than three hours I had seen most of them and uncovered almost all scenes.
And many choices throughout the game don’t really amount to anything as you are just transferred to the same scene afterwards no matter what.

It was a good opportunity and I applaud the production design, but the acting and the writing leave much to be desired.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top