• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

So I bought Lost Horizon

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

I bought Lost Horizon today,I had actually ordered it from a store in Athens and I got it today and the game is in German.I don’t know German!I want it in English!

Is there any way I can change the language to english or use a patch or something?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

This problem is really annoying! Language information is crucial when bying a computer game - especially adventure game. It would be really important to mark it in the product better.

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I’m so sorry, Foinikas. But I guess you are “Lost” now. There is no “patch” or something for your case. The only way is buy another copy of the game, in English this time. But you can ask the store support for another copy in English, telling them that you didn’t know the game was in German. It may work. It worked for me before.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

If you have $5, just buy it on Steam, and you’ll have 5 languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian) to choose from.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Or you can do what Kurufinwe said above: for just 5 bucks, buy another copy from Steam. It worth the investment, the game is good.

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Yeah I guess so.Besides the box and the poster are ok I guess.So probably an english digital version would be ok and I could keep the DVD as a souvenir?But first I’ll call the store and ask them if I can send it back to them.

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

Been wanting to get this game myself, but it seems pretty difficult to find the boxed version being sold anywhere.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t have a copy, but if I did I would have no qualms in sending you the English language files.

And since you’ve bought the game, I would have no qualms in downloading those files from a piracy site somewhere either.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-03-01

PM

Foinikas - 22 November 2012 02:20 PM

I bought Lost Horizon today,I had actually ordered it from a store in Athens and I got it today and the game is in German.I don’t know German!I want it in English!

why on earth do they even sell the german version Oo
i don’t think, there are that many german speaking people in greece (well, in this times, nobody in greece would admit speaking german anyway lol)

maybe it was just a mistake - the store got the german instead of the english version delivered and nobody did notice yet…

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Oscar - 23 November 2012 04:23 AM

I don’t have a copy, but if I did I would have no qualms in sending you the English language files.

And since you’ve bought the game, I would have no qualms in downloading those files from a piracy site somewhere either.

I got into this trap too,and it seems others did too.I got it from Amazon and if I’d checked the close up photos I’d have known but noone does.Also it’s a drag to send it back and get a refund.Deep Silver doesn’t help at all so I did what Oscar said.I just found the english files.though by their words it’s supposed to violate end user agreement.
they have to step up in this field….also you’re selling story,not localisation….so many other developers are selling with multiple languages and subtitles.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

if a game was out in swahili and english and you accidentaly got the swahili edition would you like to be told to learn swahili?a language you might never use other than this specific case?(i know it’s German not Swahili and you do have more chancies of seeing it but the point is…it’s a game and you’ve paid for it and in the end you just want to play not study in order to play).

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

jhetfield21 - 23 November 2012 01:46 PM

if a game was out in swahili and english and you accidentaly got the swahili edition would you like to be told to learn swahili?a language you might never use other than this specific case?(i know it’s German not Swahili and you do have more chancies of seeing it but the point is…it’s a game and you’ve paid for it and in the end you just want to play not study in order to play).

Hahaha well said!

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I was slightly trolling, but in truth I am actually studying Japanese so I can play the games in their original language owh and read japanese murder mystery books.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

first of all,thumbs up for the japanese part…i’ve been learning from anime mostly by ear.

second of all,it’s your choice to learn the language and play the games in their original language but many of them are translated because japanese are even more rare than german for the european and american audience to know the language.but even so they are translated.they don’t say you can just learn the language and buy the game from us like everyone else.more than that,they are not saying ok you have bought the japanese version but we are not giving you the english translation to play the game.these cases are too different to consider a comparison.

anyway i consider it unprofessional to distinguish localisation versions as different games.especially when it’s a problem one has had to buy the game to have.they could just download the game and not buy at all,i mean most people are.but to treat a customer like that…..way to help your image.BS5 is gonna come with too many languages and localisations to count,and more os-versions that you are entitled to and DS can’t give a damn localisation file to a customer.i mean come on now.i realise it takes money to localise games but this is way too desperate.and since the game has been localised what’s up with german versions floating around outside GER and english versions are nowhere to be found?I was looking for Secret Files 2 in english in a normal price for it’s release date but it’s not being sold anymore in physical form and if it is it’s either a used one in english or a new one in german….and if there is a new one in english it’s gonna be 30 euros…..come on….not even deponia 2 costs that much and it’s this year’s release.

EDIT:and if you’re hell bent on releasing in german and having it fully localised later at least consider providing english subtitles….i don’t care if the language spoken is german so long as i can understand what they’re saying and play the damn thing.

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Man I paid 50 euros for this game!It took about 2 weeks for the store to find it and send it from Athens to my city,I am all happy,I look at the AWESOME box and the poster and all the stuff there….and then I realize it’s all in German.And I’m Greek and I know English and not German.And…GRRRR!

What I’ll do is this:

I’ll call the store tomorrow and ask if I can send it back to them just in case they can find the english version for me.If not,I will keep it and download the normal game or try to find it from somewhere else….

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top