• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: Erica Reid Thriller

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-06

PM

Hey all,

recently finished Episode 1 of this screamer!

Last night I installed Ep 2: Wise Monkey….will play it tonight

Has anyone played this one yet? I found the first episode quite difficult and needed the hint bag a few times

Any tips before I start playing??

Thanks

Lil Bubba Stink Breath Sarcastic

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am finishing up episode 3 now. Yes, the game is challenging, but quite good. One of the better cop stories I have played.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Not a fan. Played a bit of the first episode and never finished it.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I didn’t really care for it. The story just didn’t work for me.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I translated it into Spanish and I loved it. The game gets better every episode and episode 3 is really brilliant.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I loved the game - story, artwork etc.  Smile

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Great game! One of the best adventures released in 2013 Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I seem to recall many people didn’t though and I’ve never really understood why.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I liked it a lot more than Moebius, the other Jane Jensen-related project that came out around the same time. It wasn’t perfect but the setting and characters worked well, it had a good mixture of new and traditional mechanics, I liked the visual style and the plot worked for me. It had a proper ending and everything!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It did win 6 readers choice Aggie awards. Including game of the year. I myself have almost finished with the game and I have really enjoyed it so far.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

I overall definitely liked it more than I didn’t like it, if that makes any sense.

What I do remember though is a) I really didn’t like the forced romance in the 2nd(?) episode. If I recall it right you previously could pick the attitude you had towards your obnoxious colleague, but then for storytelling reasons in this episode (or maybe the 3rd) it was always the same. Which was annoying. Either give me a choice or don’t.

And b) I found the last episode really underwhelming. The end didn’t satisfy me at all and some of the plot points brought up there I found quite undercooked.
Also not a fan of introducing that romance out of nowhere only to increase the drama for the finale

But in terms of mystery/police procedural games I have a hard time thinking of anything better in modern times so I definitely think it’s worth playing. Supposedly there might be some more episodes one day.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Veovis - 12 March 2020 05:20 AM

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I seem to recall many people didn’t though and I’ve never really understood why.

For me it was simply that comic books and supernatural powers don’t combine well with serious mystery/detective material. I find it hard to take seriously. I prefer a realistic Sherlock Holmes approach.

That’s nothing against the game and more personal preference (and the fact I’m no longer 12), although I didn’t find the writing in Cognition very thrilling either.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Veovis - 12 March 2020 05:20 AM

The game like this hangs heavily on the story. While some aspects of how the game is played work, the cognitive powers were a nice touch, the story itself I found poorly written and overly cliched.

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-03-14

PM

certainly an interesting game, with good story & atmosphere. Some of the puzzles where a bit basic but it also had some interesting ones so no complaints. And it has wonderful music, courtesy of Robert Holmes & Daughter.

I remember my biggest issue with it is that the team was reaaaaally out of their depths with the 3D models and animations. They felt like they were 10y old, even by low budget standards, it is was quite off-putting in some cases.

Still, I enjoyed the game immensely as graphics are at the bottom of my priorities totem-pole ¨Π

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished and loved this game. Found it to be pretty amazing. Loved the ending. I actually played it twice, For an AA release, I found the graphics to be OK. The voice acting was very well done and a highlight of the game.

Heart

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that is awesome gesture Mikekelly, reviving an 8-year-old thread, instead of taking the easy way and do a new, just for your sake!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top