• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04CaliMonkCharophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough Procedures

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 07 March 2020 07:02 AM
Advie - 06 March 2020 11:49 PM

THE VOTINGS RESULTS

ROTFL!!

If I’d voted I’d immediately demand a recount by someone else.

I don’t have to count anything to know from memory that more than just three (!) posters said a majority is enough for a game to win. Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t get even one of the eight results correct. And who is the Invisible Man or Woman in the 16 voters for question 3? Tongue

Advie Pan

Lucien21, SoccerDude, and Luhr were the only Answering for the majority, rtrooney answer was disqualified for obvious reason, and the rest answered to having a leader.

The 16 voters are:
1.chrissie
2.Mikekelly
3,giom
4.Simon_ASA:
5.Advie
6.Doom
7.crabapple
8.Luhr
9.rtrooney
10Intense Degree
11.SoccerDude
12.Diego
13.walas74
14.Pegbiter
15.Celebreon
16.Lucien21

i ve have made an excel sheet for this and worked it out quite nicely, so Shut UP! Karlok! or go KG1 and start to learn counting.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 07 March 2020 09:53 AM

Lucien21, SoccerDude, and Luhr were the only Answering for the majority, rtrooney answer was disqualified for obvious reason, and the rest answered to having a leader.

What?!? WHAT!?! You’ve got to be kidding. WHY was rtrooney’s answer disqualified??

I’m going to count the answers to the first question. You are so incredibly wrong, it’s not funny anymore.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Not having a leader should not disqualify a winning game from a CP

. this was Rtrooney answer which doesn’t answer the question either way.

and go count, at least i did it to help but your sick motives are all around you and its disgusting.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 07 March 2020 10:16 AM

Not having a leader should not disqualify a winning game from a CP

. this was Rtrooney answer which doesn’t answer the question either way.

OMG. Sitting on my hands…

and go count, at least i did it to help but your sick motives are all around you and its disgusting.

So here are the results according to Karlok with her sick and disgusting motives:

Chrissie: Ideally a game should have a leader to qualify for a CP = YES
Mikekelly: It must have a leader = YES
Giom: It’s better but not necessary = NO
Simon: It is probably better, but imo the majority is enough: just proceed with the vote and then you see. = NO
Advie: yes = YES
Doom: I’m not sure. Simple majority sounds fair, but all CPTs so far had leaders, and everyone was made aware that a nom needs a leader in order to win. It’s not like that it became a surprise for someone OUT OF A SUDDEN. Also…  = DON’T KNOW
Crabapple: I think a game that wins but has no leader should at least have a chance to get a leader after the voting ends. In the other thread I suggested calling out for a leader for a winning game and waiting maybe 2 or 3 days after the voting ends to see if a leader steps up. = YES??
Luhr: Not necessary. = NO
Rtrooney: Not having a leader should not disqualify a winning game from a CP. = NO
Intense Degree: Yes a leader is needed. Every game needs - at bare minimum - someone to make a thread for it and say ‘Go’. That still qualifies as a leader in my mind, even if participants can play at their own pace and the ‘leader’ does nothing else than start the thread and say ‘Go’ = YES
SoccerDude: Majority rules. That’s the most democratic way. = NO
Diego: There needs to be a leader. = YES
Walas: I think it is necessary. = YES
Pegbiter: A leader is helpful in driving the playthrough forward in most cases. It needn’t be a requirement though. Perhaps all votes could be cast as “only with leader” or “regardless of leadership”? = NO
Celebreon: Uh, I don’t really see what the big deal is.  A leader doesn’t necessarily have to a do a ton of heavy lifting right?  I mean you write a few sentence to get discussion started, and set parameters.  Yes have a leader. = YES
Lucien: Majority should win no matter what. Prefer the name Host to Leader. If the majority doesn’t have a leader one of the nominees should step up. = ???

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what a stupid argument
Giom: It’s better but not necessary = NO ? what is more value here Better to have a leader V Not necessary to have a leader?

enough!!, i had enough of ou karlok, leave me be, please.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 07 March 2020 10:50 AM

what a stupid argument
Giom: It’s better but not necessary = NO ? what is more value here Better to have a leader V Not necessary to have a leader?

Your logic is a very special kind of logic, Advie.

My pleasure.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

*sigh* I had planned on compiling the results this coming week to make sure anyone who was interested had time to participate.  Thanks for making it more difficult than it needs to be.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 07 March 2020 10:59 AM

*sigh* I had planned on compiling the results this coming week to make sure anyone who was interested had time to participate.  Thanks for making it more difficult than it needs to be.

You started this voting thing. At the very least you could have taken responsibility for it and announced how and when and what. But you’d rather play the victim.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m not playing anything, Karlok.  I started it, waited to see how much of a response the thread would get, and will post the results next week.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Advie - 07 March 2020 10:50 AM

what a stupid argument

Are you serious? Not necessary means you do not need one. The logic is NO because “not necessary but better” means that the Yes option is optional(“better” is an optional word)but the answer to the original question is “not necessary” which is a NO. So it is a NO with an optional YES which is a NO. Sorry if it is confusing but it sounds better in my head Laughing. karlok’s categorizations for the result is spot on. Except for lucien who said majority should win no matter what which is a NO for a leader.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Whatever you guys want, i am not keen anymore right the moment, now! into going thru new CPT rules for the fourth time or so, so, in the end, no matter what or when someone will object again.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I’m wondering on whether we should continue organizing this ‘official’ community play-throughs at all.
I applaud those that have tried to bring a positive spin to it or have attempted to set some ground rules, but it is becoming perfectly clear that no matter what there isn’t likely going to be any form of consensus on how to organize this. By default there seem to be opposing camps of individuals ready to attack opposing opinions. 

If we look at the past couple of weeks, it’s been almost nothing but bickering in the playthrough thread, which led to a community rules voting round in order to set these ground rules, but even there every opportunity to derail the thread is taken.

Why not let people organize their ‘unofficial’ play-through and set their own rules while at it within their little communities in which they agree to an approach on how to run it?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

here come some new insights, the usual suspects will be here very soon, subbi.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think the problem is/was that there was only one question that needed answering. All the other questions were extraneous fluff that were intended to legitimize the process.

That one question was “Does a winning game require a leader to qualify for a Community Playthrough?”

All the other questions, such as what type of game would qualify for a leaderless playthrough, are interesting, but are irrelevant to the basic question.

Karlok’s count of the vote, and her conclusions, to me, are pretty much spot on. Unfortunately, the vote is so close that I can’t draw a definitive conclusion from it. Which was the point of the questionnaire. So what now?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

subbi - 07 March 2020 03:19 PM

Why not let people organize their ‘unofficial’ play-through and set their own rules while at it within their little communities in which they agree to an approach on how to run it?

Oh, the irony…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top