• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just checked again, and I should be able to play Thimbleweed Park and The Journey Down, both of which I already own.

Kentucky Route Zero, Ep. 1-5 (4) - Pegbiter, Karlok, Donuts McGee, Giom
Memoria (4) - Advie (leader), Crabapple, DCast, Doom

The Journey Down, Ep. 1-3 (3) - Advie, Doom, Lady Kestrel
Thimbleweed Park (3) - Mikekelly (leader), Chrissie, Lady Kestrel
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Crabapple, Chrissie

Stasis (2) - Advie, DCast

Milkmaid of the Milky Way (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Oknytt (1) - Crabapple
A Short Hike (1) - Advie

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Journey Down chapters 1-3.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

We are now looking at the scenario that Lady K’s questionnaire was trying to clarify.

The voting ends tomorrow. We have two games tied at four votes each. One doesn’t have a leader. And if it finds one, there will be a tie. And then we will find out if someone outside the group that voted for these games will select the game that will win.

It really can’t get any better than this. This is cluster f*** to the extreme.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

SoccerDude voted for Journey Down, so it’s three games with 4 votes. I don’t see a problem for KRZ because none of the participants voted for another game. The playthrough can take place. It’s Memoria versus Journey Down.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 02 March 2020 08:53 PM

SoccerDude voted for Journey Down, so it’s three games with 4 votes. I don’t see a problem for KRZ because none of the participants voted for another game. The playthrough can take place. It’s Memoria versus Journey Down.

How does a winning game without a leader differ from a tied game without a leader? Per all the prior conversations, shouldn’t the tied game be given the opportunity to make it a three-way tie breaker?

And it it can’t find a leader. I’m more than OK with the two-way run off.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m not entirely sure I understand what you’re saying. Assuming the tie-breaker rule of having a leader does no longer apply, all games with the same number of votes have the same chance to win. Correct? But a KRZ playthrough won’t stand in the way of any other playthrough, so we can have two CPs with different participants at the same time.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It’s simple, Memoria wins because it has a leader. You know, the person who creates the CPT thread? Kinda important for a successful CPT.

Crazy

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, if that rule still applies Memoria wins. Makes no difference, the KRZ playthrough can also take place with 4 different participants. See Crabapple’s post.

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/14749/#161270

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yea, and people like Advie said they want a leader for a game to qualify. Without a leader, who creates and maintains the thread? For now we should stick with the rules that we have been using for years.

1.  Is it necessary for a game to have a leader to qualify for a CP or should any game win with a simple majority?
Yes.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Mikekelly - 02 March 2020 10:28 PM

Yea, and people like Advie said they want a leader for a game to qualify. Without a leader, who creates and maintains the thread? For now we should stick with the rules that we have been using for years.

1.  Is it necessary for a game to have a leader to qualify for a CP or should any game win with a simple majority?
Yes.

Heart

And is advie the voice of all AG? What about all the other people who voted in that thread?

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Karlok - 02 March 2020 09:44 PM

I’m not entirely sure I understand what you’re saying. Assuming the tie-breaker rule of having a leader does no longer apply, all games with the same number of votes have the same chance to win. Correct? But a KRZ playthrough won’t stand in the way of any other playthrough, so we can have two CPs with different participants at the same time.

Yes, thinking more about it, if there are two different games with completely different voters, it just makes sense having two different playthroughs.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I vote for Memoria

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Memoria (5) - Advie (leader), Crabapple, DCast, Doom, Diego

The Journey Down, Ep. 1-3 (4) - Advie, Doom, Lady Kestrel, Doom
Kentucky Route Zero, Ep. 1-5 (4) - Pegbiter, Karlok, Donuts McGee, Giom

Thimbleweed Park (3) - Mikekelly (leader), Chrissie, Lady Kestrel
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Crabapple, Chrissie

Stasis (2) - Advie, DCast

Milkmaid of the Milky Way (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Oknytt (1) - Crabapple
A Short Hike (1) - Advie

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Karlok - 02 March 2020 10:13 PM

the KRZ playthrough can also take place with 4 different participants.

I’m in favor of doing an “unofficial” community playthrough of Kentucky Route Zero if it loses in this voting round.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Pegbiter - 03 March 2020 03:31 PM
Karlok - 02 March 2020 10:13 PM

the KRZ playthrough can also take place with 4 different participants.

I’m in favor of doing an “unofficial” community playthrough of Kentucky Route Zero if it loses in this voting round.

Yes! I was going to say the same thing, glad you beat me to it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top