• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Under the radar

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Karlok - 18 February 2020 09:38 AM

Again, yes. I don’t really know why but forumites and probably AG readers in general have become more conservative, and in-depth discussions are rare. It could be argued that the forums (and the gaming landscape) have changed a lot in the past few years. I see the same thing happening in the Community Playthroughs: people want to replay old classics like BS1 or Shivers or The Lost Crown (which already had a CP!) instead of trying something new. I may be biased and I can’t prove it without going through lots of previous CPs, but the discussions are not very interesting either anymore. I remember great CPs where everybody contributed and had fun.

Is it really the case? 2019 CPT: Return of the Obra Dinn (new), Beneath a Steel Sky (old), Whispers of a Machine (new), Blade Runner (old), Yesterday Origins (kinda new), Unforeseen Incidents (new). Compared to the early playthroughs the % of new releases is much higher, compared to, say, 2015-2017 it’s about the same. Personally I’m up for for both old and new titles, but I don’t enjoy replaying new games when only several months or a year has passed since the initial release, and that’s often the case with the nominations which include more-or-less notable titles which got praise either in the media or from the forumties. Same goes for Kentucky Route Zero. Rarely some true underdog is nominated.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, you’re right. I should have checked the list of CPs before posting.
But I haven’t changed my mind about the lack of in-depth discussions, both in CPs and in general.

PS: I suddenly remember one true underdog that was nominated and almost made it: Oknytt. Probably not the only one.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I played Oknytt, and it is pure genius, it is really sad it gets no attention.
——————
I am not i sure wanna bring this i am about to, out, now.. and tho i know its always better playing adventure than talking about them, but there must be the least minimum excitement and enthusiasm about what we play that it would evoke the feeling sharing and to see how another fellow adventurer thinks about it/them.
I know i could be intimidating sometimes by my constant posts an activity, but I am intimidated by non-interaction.

Back to the subject, one game last year I feel I am the only one who had played it here, it is Earthworms, and tho it is an average adventure in total, esp. bc how it was wrapped up at the end, but it is an absolute gem with great narrative and mystery, hope to know how any felt about it.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Reversion looks like something from back in the Broken Sword days. Not many games like these made anymore, at least 8+ hours.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Advie - 20 February 2020 02:44 PM

I played Oknytt, and it is pure genius, it is really sad it gets no attention.
——————

Another overlooked game (that is also inspired by Swedish/Nordic/Scandinavian folklore) is Year Walk. I played it on the iPad, but I believe there’s a PC version too.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Donuts McGee - 01 March 2020 10:08 PM

Reversion looks like something from back in the Broken Sword days. Not many games like these made anymore, at least 8+ hours.

I played the first episode of that way back (which was free) & tempted to buy the next one. Well that was back in 2013? & it was a lot of fun (yes, appealing if you liked the style of BS) but disappointing when the unfinished story ended after the second episode.

Well, better late than never - I was delighted to see that the final episode arrived last week albeit quietly after 7 years!  Smile 

Advie - 20 February 2020 02:44 PM

Back to the subject, one game last year I feel I am the only one who had played it here, it is Earthworms, and tho it is an average adventure in total, esp. bc how it was wrapped up at the end, but it is an absolute gem with great narrative and mystery, hope to know how any felt about it.

I played that too, very much enjoyed it & agree with your accolade of it.  Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top