• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games you wish were remade

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

Heh…  I just realized even the wikipedia page for Lands of Lore 2 describes it as “similar to its contemporary Realms of the Haunting.”

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Just for the heck of it, I upscaled some of the videos from Gabriel Knight 2. From 308x167 to full HD. Considering the low resolution of the originals, the end result is surprisingly good.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Wow, that looks pretty good and far better than the original..
Would there be any way in getting the upscaled versions back into the game? Maybe if they are upscaled to match the games resolution it may work? Probably not I guess…

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It could be possible through ScummVM. It does support “mods”, so someone would have to write the needed support for GK2 in order to use high-resolution video.

Here’s a version without comparisons

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

My true pick would be Anarchy Online, but that’s not an adventure game, so that feels like cheating.

My adventure game pick would have to Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure.  And I think it should be remade in vr! 
The game is colorful and stylized, and you solve puzzles to thwart pirates, and reclaim barbaros’ missing treasure, uh body parts.  They are short little stages instead of a one huge open world, and there are many things to try and fail at!  And even a few fun ways to die.  It seems to take inspiration from Sierra games in that way. 

In the wii game, there are motion controls, but they are simplified and not obnoxious (unless you do the bell rhythm mini game that’s bs) And you are zoomed in for a 1st person view for those parts so that the motions match nicely.  Such as a sawing motion to saw the bars on a prison.  The wii remote is used to point and click to control zack and wiki, and enemies/animals can be turned into puzzle inventory by shaking your bell at them.

I think it would port well to Vr because of the physical pointing, and motion controls, the head tracking can change your view of the stage etc.

Please play zack and wiki if you can on wii/wiiu!  It’s a cute fun time!

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

SpeedBo - 22 January 2020 04:22 PM

On a serious note, if something has to be remade, I think it would be better to remake ugly 3d games.

Yes, absolutely. The start of the 3D age was a disaster and will be looked back upon with a lot of confusion by future generations.

I mean how can you explain how this…

...turned into this?

The logic seemed to be:
1. Most of the best selling games are 3D
2. Therefore 3D must be good and 2D rubbish
3. So we must make all our games 3D no matter how shit they look and play.

It took over a decade for sanity to return. Now 2D is just as popular.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If I remember right, there supposedly was a fully playable version of Simon 3 made in the style of the first two before their publisher demanded them to do a 3D shift.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top