• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your favorite games and game suggestions?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-02-02

PM

Been asking around other places for suggestions on what to play. I see plenty of lists but would really like to hear some fan suggestions.
My favorite games have been Lost Crown, Black Mirror, Sanitarium, Syberia..

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I moved this over to the adventure section, EmberKitten, since all the games you mentioned fall into that category.  A recent game I like, which I’m still playing, is Unforseen Incidents.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2020-02-02

PM

Yes I’ve played that one as well! Right now I’m making my way through Unavowed.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Try the Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and Gray Matter. Also Broken Sword 5.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2020-02-02

PM

I have played Gray Matter and enjoyed it! I am weary about Unwritten Tales just cause it seems kinda cartoony? But if it’s enjoyable, I might pick it up. Broken Sword 5? I don’t need to play the previous ones to understand the game, do I?

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

It appears you are interested mostly in serious 3rd person graphic adventures.
For that I would recommend:
What Makes You Tick? A Stitch In Time
The Dream Machine (similar to Sanitarium)
Keepsake (bears many simliarities to Syberia)
Nibiru (similar to Black Mirror - same company)

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 has the best graphics I have seen in an adventure game released lately. Simply beautiful 3D rendered graphics. Great story and characters too, won several major aggies. I played it twice back to back, I liked it that much.

No, all Broken Sword games are independent from each other, you can play them in any order you want.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

The plots of the Broken Sword games are independent, but there are recurring characters and the later games reference the first ones so I’d play them in order if you can. There are remastered versions of the first two at least. 5 is more similar to the first two games than the ones in between, so I suppose you could skip 3 and 4 if they appeal less.

Keepsake is similar to the games you mentioned in some ways - it has a good story and is very pretty. But the gameplay is a lot more focussed on puzzles, and often abstract ones at that. As far as I’m concerned that’s a good thing, though!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

EmberKitten - 02 February 2020 11:29 PM

Been asking around other places for suggestions on what to play. I see plenty of lists but would really like to hear some fan suggestions.
My favorite games have been Lost Crown, Black Mirror, Sanitarium, Syberia..

Welcome EmberKitten.
You may get some good suggestions from this current thread if you haven’t looked already:

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/14710/

Some members have raised concerns that some choices presented are more subjective rather than objective but at the end of the day despite them being just more lists these are all ‘fan recommendations’.  Smile 

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Phlebas - 05 February 2020 06:09 AM

The plots of the Broken Sword games are independent, but there are recurring characters and the later games reference the first ones so I’d play them in order if you can. There are remastered versions of the first two at least.

...both of which should be avoided because they are inferior versions compared to the original ones.

Joined 2020-02-02

PM

Just bought Keepsake! Eager to try it later this weekend. Still looking into Broken Sword. I love me a good first person game. Darkness Within is a good example. With Dark Fall. My only issue is that I’m not a fan of chase scenes or jumpscares.

The Eyes of Ara was a really fun gem I found. Love looking through places for hidden details and puzzle pieces.

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Memento Mori 1 and 2
Secret Files 1, 2 and 3
Sinking Island
Face Noir
Alter Ego
Lost chronicles of Zerzurra
Lost horizon 1 and 2
The moment of silence

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

If you like fantasy environments, there is Memoria.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Secret Files 1, 2 and 3

I loved secret files 1 and 2. I was told that 3 was terrible and stayed away from it.

I would love to get some additional opinions on this.

Heart

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Mikekelly - 09 February 2020 01:43 PM

Secret Files 1, 2 and 3

I loved secret files 1 and 2. I was told that 3 was terrible and stayed away from it.

I would love to get some additional opinions on this.

Heart

It’s only “terrible” in the same way many Star Wars fans say Return of the Jedi was terrible, or Lord of the Rings movie fans say The Hobbit was terrible.

That is to say: it’s probably not as good as the previous entries, but it’s still a perfectly enjoyable adventure game if you’re willing to put the comparisons away.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Emberkitten, you can check this recommendation thread as well to catch on on some not so old cool AGs

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top