• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gabriel Knight 4 Petition is Online

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

As I’ve promised, the petition for GK4 is now done and online. We’ll be making updates and campaign for signatures on Twitter and FB as well, and include old reviews, importance of Robert’s music etc.

Please sign, share and if you have the right channels, make sure it gets to the right people too. Let’s give this one more go, GK fans! Smile

https://www.change.org/p/activision-publishing-gabriel-knight-4-petition

Twitter: @gk4petition
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Facebook: Coming soon Smile

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Nice work. You did a good job.

The first thing I would change is the words “IP rights”, which you use a number of times. Just say copyright instead. “IP” is a non-legal term which lumps together a number of laws (copyright, trademark, patents) and is favored by companies to make their rights appear to be similar to physical property and thus make them appear to more power than they do. See here if you want more info.

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

Vehelon - 26 January 2020 04:42 AM

Nice work. You did a good job.

The first thing I would change is the words “IP rights”, which you use a number of times. Just say copyright instead. “IP” is a non-legal term which lumps together a number of laws (copyright, trademark, patents) and is favored by companies to make their rights appear to be similar to physical property and thus make them appear to more power than they do. See here if you want more info.

Thanks Smile I think we only used it once though, I had a lot of help with writing it from someone who works as a proof reader. I know it’s not perfect in terms of.. Well, terms. And my spelling might be a bit off after I added some stuff on later, but the point is really explained within the first section of the petition. The rest of the text is for those who wanna read more and aren’t already familiar with the games, and furthermore the situation itself Smile

The plan is to update and share tidbits of information weekly on the games, reviews, music and so on.

I edited the term as you suggested.

There is always room for more writers (credit is at the end) but I prefer to receive the drafts via private message or email so it doesn’t turn into an argument lol. The important thing is to sign and share Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’d advise you to post your info about the petition at other adventure sites as well. Like Reddit and Gameboomers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/adventuregames/
https://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/2/1/adventure-game-discussions

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

Karlok - 26 January 2020 08:28 AM

I’d advise you to post your info about the petition at other adventure sites as well. Like Reddit and Gameboomers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/adventuregames/
https://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/2/1/adventure-game-discussions

Thank you! I’ve posted on Reddit and a few gaming sites have shared the petition. I’m trying to reach out to a few individuals who have better connections than I, so this will really get a proper launch.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Did my part and signed. I’m replaying through GK2 right now and when I think about what is special about the GK series that isn’t really in any other adventure games is the way the supernatural and historical are mixed together so well. Especially in GK 2 it was hard to see where the line between what is real about Ludwing and Wagner and what is fiction. Would really prefer if they made a new game for it to be in FMV or AGS level graphics because I have no faith that the budget would be high enough to properly pull off 3d graphics.

It bothers me that it’s not Schattenjäger in the title instead of shadow hunter and there’s still a few awkward sentences, but otherwise I hope that it picks up traction. GK has left a void in gaming that hasn’t been filled since.

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

TheLongestJourney - 26 January 2020 11:33 AM

Did my part and signed. I’m replaying through GK2 right now and when I think about what is special about the GK series that isn’t really in any other adventure games is the way the supernatural and historical are mixed together so well. Especially in GK 2 it was hard to see where the line between what is real about Ludwing and Wagner and what is fiction. Would really prefer if they made a new game for it to be in FMV or AGS level graphics because I have no faith that the budget would be high enough to properly pull off 3d graphics.

It bothers me that it’s not Schattenjäger in the title instead of shadow hunter and there’s still a few awkward sentences, but otherwise I hope that it picks up traction. GK has left a void in gaming that hasn’t been filled since.

Hey, send me a pm and lemme know what you think is awkward and we’ll go thru it Smile I wanted to originally use schattenjäger but we figured it should be translated for people who aren’t hardcore fans. Don’t let that bother you.

And yeah, I absolutely agree… Thank you for signing. I’m sure it’ll pick up once people realise Robert and Jane are still on board on doing GK4.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Without starting a whole new argument, the first two or three sentences talk about the ending of GK3 as being “unresolved.” WHAT? Many thought it was resolved perfectly.

Now if your statement is that people might wonder what happened after Gabe and the “presumed” Jesus went through the portal, that’s a whole different scenario.

I would be careful/very careful when presuming what people think about the game, and, particularly, how it ended.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

rtrooney - 26 January 2020 09:07 PM

Without starting a whole new argument, the first two or three sentences talk about the ending of GK3 as being “unresolved.” WHAT? Many thought it was resolved perfectly.

Now if your statement is that people might wonder what happened after Gabe and the “presumed” Jesus went through the portal, that’s a whole different scenario.

I would be careful/very careful when presuming what people think about the game, and, particularly, how it ended.

That reference is about talk of the ending where Grace took off. What happens next etc has been a comment I’ve seen a lot for 2 decades. The love interest between Grace and Gabriel has been one of the main elements of the game story, after all. It influenced many actions by Grace and Gabriel too, from Grace going all the way to Germany to work with Gabriel to Gabriel deciding to give his talisman to Grace for the night in protection.

The point here is to show Activision there is demand for another game, and whatever comes or doesn’t come from that is a problem for another time. But even if nothing happens, it’s far from being the only option and certainly does not mean it cannot be achieved. But it’s the first step in order to gain proper momentum. And should it actually work, even better.

Second point is to show Jane and Robert we respect and love them. There def is a need to do this, so whatever your opinions on making this happen are, that alone is a reason to sign.

I’ve had a lot of feedback asking if both of them support the petition and the thing is, I wouldn’t had even started it if I didn’t have a green light from the original people who created the games. But this is a FAN effort to convince Activision, so don’t expect them to be doing more than sharing the link.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You should really spoiler tag the ending to GK3.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

diego - 27 January 2020 07:02 AM

After two decades? Lol. Ok then. I will…

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Time to bump up the GK4 petition. Signed by 1845 people so far. And look who’s here!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

Hannes084 - 27 January 2020 07:07 AM
diego - 27 January 2020 07:02 AM

After two decades? Lol. Ok then. I will…

Spoilers don’t expire. There will always be people who haven’t yet experienced a work of fiction. One, they’re constantly born, and second, often there’s a significant delay before they begin a specific story especially if it’s lowish on their priority list.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I was not the biggest fan of gk2 my first time through, but really enjoyed my 2nd playthrough.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m a huge fan but I’d be okay even without GK4. Either way, I think Jensen should definitely get the rights.

I’ve probably told this a ton of times but like Jdawg I also felt first time around that GK2 wasn’t as good as the other two, but learned to really appreciate it later. All 3 are very good games, and the ending puzzle of the GK2 is actually the best one of the three!

It’s been forever again since my last playthrough, but currently I have so many completely unplayed adventures (and of course tons of other games too) that I don’t think I should bother with replays…

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

millenia - 23 March 2020 06:49 PM

All 3 are very good games, and the ending puzzle of the GK2 is actually the best one of the three!

Really? Ugh. All I remember was navigating that maze with wolves and getting killed a lot. Well, at least I remember it which is more than I can say for the other two endings. Was the GK3 ending in a church or something?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top