• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games you wish were remade

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

cyfoyjvx - 20 January 2020 06:20 AM

I played the worst of the series (GK2) last, thankfully. I might not have been very interested in the others had I played it first.

For me, the GK2 story is the best of the three. I loved the mix of RL history and Jane’s fantasy. She outdid herself. And the music by Robert Holmes was wonderful too. I honestly don’t understand people who did not enjoy the marvelous opera scenes.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

cyfoyjvx - 20 January 2020 06:20 AM
diego - 19 January 2020 08:45 AM
cyfoyjvx - 17 January 2020 12:06 PM

I would vote for remaking GK1 and 2 to have the same interface as GK3. How great would it be to be zooming around a fully 3D Munich? Also, Tim Curry is the only one true Gabe Smile

Let me guess… you played GK1 before GK2?

Yes. I played the worst of the series (GK2) last, thankfully. I might not have been very interested in the others had I played it first.

I knew it - it’s called the “Tim Curry” syndrome. But hey, the guy is great, so can’t blame anyone! The prescription is: howling at night for 2 weeks, listening to opera twice a day, and learning German. After that, you should be fine enjoying GK2.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

Gabriel Knight 2 and 3. The Longest Journey.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

GK2 recently was re-released in a new updated version, only few years ago did everyone miss that or I don’t understand why everyone wants a new version of the game when there already is one! Same with Leisure Suit Larry 1.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jon_wachter - 20 January 2020 03:38 PM

GK2 recently was re-released in a new updated version, only few years ago did everyone miss that or I don’t understand why everyone wants a new version of the game when there already is one! Same with Leisure Suit Larry 1.

Please point me to that updated GK2. I don’t believe it exists. GK1, yes. But not GK2.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Hannes084 - 20 January 2020 01:12 PM

The Longest Journey.

If it’s a technical issue, try using ResidualVM.

If you only want updated graphics, try HD mod in ResidualVM.

http://tljhd.github.io

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

GateKeeper - 20 January 2020 05:26 PM
Hannes084 - 20 January 2020 01:12 PM

The Longest Journey.

If it’s a technical issue, try using ResidualVM.

If you only want updated graphics, try HD mod in ResidualVM.

http://tljhd.github.io

I’ve got no tech issues with GK2 nor TLJ I believe the question was which games you’d like to see remade. ☺️

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

Karlok - 20 January 2020 04:07 PM

Please point me to that updated GK2. I don’t believe it exists. GK1, yes. But not GK2.

There is no updated GK2. Gog updated a file to make it run better on Win10 some time ago but I thought we’re talking about a completely remade games here? I’m confused.

I chose GK 2 and 3 cause the graphics are outdated and especially GK3 is ugly which is a shame cause everything else from story to music is perfection. Id love to see it remade. GK2 for the same reason. TLJ well, it’s a classic that I replay almost every year. I’d love to see a revamped, remastered version of it.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Hannes084 - 21 January 2020 02:26 AM

There is no updated GK2. Gog updated a file to make it run better on Win10 some time ago but I thought we’re talking about a completely remade games here? I’m confused.

I chose GK 2 and 3 cause the graphics are outdated and especially GK3 is ugly which is a shame cause everything else from story to music is perfection. Id love to see it remade. GK2 for the same reason. TLJ well, it’s a classic that I replay almost every year. I’d love to see a revamped, remastered version of it.

How exactly would you like GK2 to be completely remade? With new actors?

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

cyfoyjvx - 21 January 2020 04:24 AM

I’m not sure to be honest. If they made GK2 and GK 3 I would prefer animated characters instead. Maybe some bonus features where you could compare to the original while playing.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hannes084 - 21 January 2020 04:31 AM

I’m not sure to be honest. If they made GK2 and GK 3 I would prefer animated characters instead. Maybe some bonus features where you could compare to the original while playing.

Real people to be replaced by animated characters?? Oh no! Van Glower reduced to a lifeless avatar, the beautiful opera scene a parody performed by wooden puppets! That’s a nightmare!

Thank God there’s no chance it will ever happen.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Check out the The Longest Journey HD Project that uses the ResidualVM Engine to enhance the graphics of the original game. And HD Movies if you download them. https://tljhd.github.io/

The only update that have been made to GK2 that I’m aware of is a deinterlace filter and a subtitle patch, both fan projects. GOG changed from DOSBox to ScummVM to run the game a while back, but it’s exactly the same game.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hannes084 - 21 January 2020 04:31 AM
cyfoyjvx -

I can’t think of anything worse than GK2, or any game or film originally made with real life actors, being replaced with an animated production.  Thumbs Up  Pan

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, and while they’re at it, they should switch from werewolves to zombies, because werewolves are SO 90s!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

I thought this was about opinions & I didn’t realise you could be wrong with your opinion… Just wow.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top