• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games you wish were remade

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

I’ll start with one:

Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned

This game with modern day 3D AAA (or even “just” AA) graphics..
Will be splendid!

There are many more, e.g. King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella, Police Quest, Obsidian etc… but this one is a favorite of mine.

Edit: I think preference should be given to games that are virtually unplayable on modern day machines or due to us modern day gamers being so used to much improved presentation that I at least find it hard to get into some classics I used to love or never had the opportunity to play in the first place.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Of all the Gabriel Knight games, the 3rd is the one that needed a remake the most.
I never finished it because of the terrible navigation.

I’d like to see The Dig get a remake with better graphics.
The art in that game looked so flat, the colors looked off, and it looked more like “a machine did it” than an artist.
Pixel art doesn’t always look flat, but the art in The Dig made it hard to get an idea of the grandeur of the alien landscapes that was suggested by the soundtrack.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

None.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d love a remake of GK 2, it’s simply a fantastic game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

GateKeeper - 15 January 2020 05:41 PM

None.

I agree. None.

Mikekelly - 16 January 2020 06:16 PM

I’d love a remake of GK 2, it’s simply a fantastic game.

It’s fantastic as it is, atrocious acting and idiotic puzzles and all. Surely you would not want a remake of the marvelous opera scene! If it was remade it would lose a lot of its charm. But fortunately there’s no chance of that.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’d like sequels to some games.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

at the Trowe/Lowe LSL1 remake time, i was really excited about the idea (they brought up) of remaking all parts of the series. For some this might be really odd** but for me LSL3 is the best AG of all time, and WOW, i can’t help to imagine how would have LSL2 with all the outdoor scenes (artwork) being remade, man!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It’s fantastic as it is, atrocious acting and idiotic puzzles and all. Surely you would not want a remake of the marvelous opera scene! If it was remade it would lose a lot of its charm. But fortunately there’s no chance of that.

I am assuming that the video was shot in much higher resolution than what the PC displayed way back then. I’d love to see BK2 with the same video in higher resolution. I recall playing this game and even then I thought the video displayed was fairly low resolution.

Other than that, you could leave the game as is.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I’d restrict my choices to games which had terrible interfaces or technical problems. This doesn’t include GK3, by the way - a game which had a great navigation system. And a Dig remake is just crazy - the game is still one of the best looking adventures ever.

Below the Root. Imagine how amazing this game would be with modern graphics, modern controls?

Neuromancer. Same as above.

Maupiti Island. Excellent concept, it’s just everything else is bad. Including the translation.

What would be also good is a slight tweaking of certain “hybrid” adventures which had a small number of action sequences, which make them extremely annoying today. Like the old Star Trek games, the Sierra Inca games, Manhunter, Little Big Adventure, Nightshade.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

Vehelon - 16 January 2020 09:58 PM

What would be also good is a slight tweaking of certain “hybrid” adventures which had a small number of action sequences, which make them extremely annoying today. Like the old Star Trek games, the Sierra Inca games, Manhunter, Little Big Adventure, Nightshade.

Little Big Adventure, at least, was an action/adventure game - with a (not large) emphasis on action over puzzles.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Generally speaking I don’t like remakes. As for Gabriel Knight 2 and 3 they are both products of their time and fantastic as is, warts and all. Love the atmosphere in GK3 and the controls are great once you get the hang of it. Instead of point & click, just use click & escape key (or is it space?).

Having said that, the game I always think of first everytime this discussion comes up is Realms of the Haunting. Would love to play that one with a modern interface and updated graphics.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

I’d say GK 3 has the best interface and controls ever. No need to change that at all.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I would love a GK3 remake.  I didn’t like the navigation very much and also didn’t like the quick time sequences. I could never get the one where he had to jump on that swinging thing. I finally had to get a saved game for that. So, a remake for me, for sure!  Also, I would like a remake of Simon the Sorcerer 3. That arcade/fair part was way too hard. Also, I kept running into walls and got lost too much. Both were great games and finally I finished both of them (with help of saved games) but it would be nice to have the option if you tried too long that you could continue.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

A GK3 remake would be wonderful - it was the 1st GK game I played & only persisted with because I got so hooked on the wonderful story, otherwise I found the interface truly horrible. I’ve recently replayed the 1st 2 games but just gave up on the 3rd because I couldn’t be bothered to battle with the interface.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’d like to see Legend Entertainment catalog done in full 3D 1st-person in the same vein as Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

chrissie - 17 January 2020 08:28 AM

A GK3 remake would be wonderful - it was the 1st GK game I played & only persisted with because I got so hooked on the wonderful story, otherwise I found the interface truly horrible. I’ve recently replayed the 1st 2 games but just gave up on the 3rd because I couldn’t be bothered to battle with the interface.

I wouldn’t necessarily be interested in fully remade Gabriel Knight 3. There is much I wouldn’t want to see made differently, however a remastered version like Grim would be fantastic. I’m thinking of better 3D character models and textures, better quality cutscenes and bit more ‘life’ in Rennes-Le-Chateau and I would already be very happy and would gladly pay a release price for.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top