• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 20 November 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Believe it or not (I have trouble believing it), the Adventure Game Scene of the Day is celebrating its 6-months anniversary today! (Which also means we’ve been suffering under the awful new forums for 6 months; and they’re still as awful as on the first day.)

So here’s some cake!

(Cue the comments about how Portal is not a real adventure… Which is actually an interesting question. The second one definitely is, but I’m not sure about the first one. If it weren’t for the last level, which (finally) introduced some exploration, I don’t think I’d count it as one.)

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Insane how you’ve kept this going for six months more or less single-handedly - nice job, it’s one of the best things about the forum and I always check every thread :-)

Regarding Portal, it has a solid story and great puzzles, so even though it’s not adventure’ish in the traditional sense, I’d still count it as a puzzle/adventure hybrid.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Congratulations. Kuru.  Smile

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

For me, Portal is as much an adventure game as Crysis is an RPG. It’s ridiculous. But it bears enough elements to make it one for many. That’s how I see it and it’s all fine.

Nice choice of picture to celebrate, though! Smile

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Listen everybody:
The cake is a lie! Sarcastic  Grin

Kurufinwe - 20 November 2012 10:51 AM

(Which also means we’ve been suffering under the awful new forums for 6 months; and they’re still as awful as on the first day.)

Unfortunately that is so very much true   Foot in mouth  Shifty Eyed

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Hey, I love the new forums! They look a hundred billion times better! Yes, BILLION! And with them came the AG Scene of the Day, which defines greatness.

Smile

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

The looks are better but the functionality isn’t all that great.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

If Portal is an adventure game then so is The Incredible Toon Machine. Good game though. Both are. Congratulations.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Happy Celebrations! Good job Kuru, I really enjoy your “of the day” posts, and I love the enthusiasm you show Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top