• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gog releasing some old adventures

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 17 December 2019 07:52 PM

Excellent!  Thumbs Up  I’m just sorry it wasn’t released 6 months ago before the playthrough.

, Chrissie Wink

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Finding a legal copy of Bladerunner shouldn’t have been too hard before the GOG release. I think I have at least 2 CD copies and 1 DVD copy of it. And the game has worked pretty well on different Windows versions throughout the years, including Windows 10. It recently made the “compatible” list on ScummVM.com, which is usually a good sign it will soon thereafter show up on GOG. Nice of course that some new fans may find their way to it, but not much to write home about for the rest of us me thinks.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The price is amazing. Even today this is still one of the best gaming experiences out there.

This is the best news I have heard in years. This game is a favorite of mine big time.

Most people today download their PC games and this brings this game into the modern era.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Veovis - 18 December 2019 02:23 PM

Finding a legal copy of Bladerunner shouldn’t have been too hard before the GOG release. I think I have at least 2 CD copies and 1 DVD copy of it. And the game has worked pretty well on different Windows versions throughout the years, including Windows 10. It recently made the “compatible” list on ScummVM.com, which is usually a good sign it will soon thereafter show up on GOG. Nice of course that some new fans may find their way to it, but not much to write home about for the rest of us me thinks.

For the playthrough I’m guessing that not all potentially interested parties could be bothered to buy the game & run it through Scumm oblivious to how easy that is to do so a GOG release at the time would have been brilliant.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

With restored content and subtitles,decided to run final time, hope runs ok and
20 years later,can finish again.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

Gabe - 19 December 2019 12:38 PM

With restored content and subtitles,decided to run final time, hope runs ok and
20 years later,can finish again.

Can you indeed confirm that there are subtitles now, Gabe, and that they are working?  I had thought about buying this, but held off until I could confirm from someone that there are indeed subtitkes.

According to this thread from earlier,  https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/14117, a subtitle patch had been planned, but I wasn’t sure whether it was implemented as part of this release.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

DavidN - 19 December 2019 01:25 PM

Can you indeed confirm that there are subtitles now, Gabe, and that they are working?

You can download here https://www.scummvm.org/games/#bladerunner , works fine.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

Gabe - 19 December 2019 01:50 PM
DavidN - 19 December 2019 01:25 PM

Can you indeed confirm that there are subtitles now, Gabe, and that they are working?

You can download here https://www.scummvm.org/games/#bladerunner , works fine.

Thanks Gabe.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have also read that the graphics look better in the digital release as well. I’ll have to pick up a copy and find out. This could almost be called a remastered version.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Mikekelly - 19 December 2019 11:21 PM

I have also read that the graphics look better in the digital release as well. I’ll have to pick up a copy and find out. This could almost be called a remastered version.

Heart

If I understand correctly the GOG version is the original version run through ScummVM so if it looks different than the original game it’s because some of ScummVM:s graphical filters are being applied by default in the GOG version. Same thing has happened on GOG and Steam with some other recent “remastered” games, such as Simon the Sorcerer and 3 Skulls of the Toltec. The restored content project also seems to be run by people within the ScummVM community, not by the publisher or GOG.

Again, good thing that the game has been made easily available through GOG and I may buy it only to support them. But ScummVM is so easy to use that I don’t really need to. Took me about three minutes to prepare the folder with the files from the original discs to run it in a daily build of ScummVM a couple of months ago, with the fan made subtitles.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top