• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet – PC

Hidden object game with puzzles thrown in. Some of the puzzles have been used elsewhere. The only difference to separate this from any other hidden object game I’ve played was using those objects to link to suspects and the main crime (much like the other Sherlock Holes games). Tried following the story to begin with but became uninterested very quickly. Basic animations, no voice acting, minimalistic music. As with these type of games, it’s not very long. I think the only reason I finished this game was the fact that it was so short. I could only recommend this game if you like hidden object games and this is under a dollar in price.

3/10

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Just beat nino kuni 2. Very basic story with a very strange ending. While the story may not be the best, the gameplay and game mechanics were great, especially when you get to build and manage your kingdom. The main story is prob 30 hrs, but i did a lot of the side stuff and my playtime was 64 hrs. The game is made by level 5, the same devs that brought you rouge galaxy and darkcloud. Overall I give the game a 8.5/10

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Man, I didn’t like Ni No Kuni 2 nearly as much. The story wasn’t great and it threw roadblocks at your way twice for no reason. Those roadblocks are what made me really dislike the game at the end of the day. ‘Cause the core gameplay is really good and it looks awesome with stellar animations. But when you’re asked to do 10+ hrs of fetch quests just to progress the main story it’s not enough to save the game.

My score would be 6.5/10.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Just a question @the thread here in general, I noticed a lot of folks give a short review on the forum, but don’t post this same evaluation on the normal site. Is there a particular reason for that?

It would be very useful for other readers that come to the game page, to read these reviews of other readers. Should we make it easier to add this input? Differently? Any specifics anyone can share? :-)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

For me personally there’s a difference between just sharing my opinion on a game and writing a review. My reviews tend to be longer and better structured, but I can’t always be arsed to actually write one.
When I do write one, I post it both here and on the main site, but that’s become a rarity recently. Time constraints have something to do with it. I’ve got two small kids and I’m a slow writer…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Tamiil - 29 April 2019 06:37 PM

Man, I didn’t like Ni No Kuni 2 nearly as much. The story wasn’t great and it threw roadblocks at your way twice for no reason. Those roadblocks are what made me really dislike the game at the end of the day. ‘Cause the core gameplay is really good and it looks awesome with stellar animations. But when you’re asked to do 10+ hrs of fetch quests just to progress the main story it’s not enough to save the game.

My score would be 6.5/10.

to me a lot of the sidequest were to beat the monsters that were contaminated and I was playing on hard so that is where the challenging gameplay came in that I thought was really fun. I liked how upgrading your kingdom gave you real perks on the missions. Like I said I agree with you on the story part, that was a letdown; and I wasnt a huge fan of the RTS skirmishes,  but the core gameplay and beautiful animations saved the game for me

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 30 April 2019 04:31 PM

For me personally there’s a difference between just sharing my opinion on a game and writing a review. My reviews tend to be longer and better structured, but I can’t always be arsed to actually write one.
When I do write one, I post it both here and on the main site, but that’s become a rarity recently. Time constraints have something to do with it. I’ve got two small kids and I’m a slow writer…

Interesting, I fully get your point, thing is, the few lines folks write here is what I’d already qualify as a valuable reader contribution (as it includes a start rating and a few lines).

Perhaps the ‘wording’ of the term ‘review’ is too heavy and comes with an expectations that we want a big essay (don’t get me wrong a more extensive review is very much appreciated and very valuable).

Would it help if we’d add an option to “cast your verdict”, so you have a rating and a few lines to share your opinion? Maybe that’s too leading of a question, so generally said, what would motivate you to share the piece of feedback that would be given in this thread as well?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

CaliMonk - 30 April 2019 04:43 PM

Perhaps the ‘wording’ of the term ‘review’ is too heavy and comes with an expectations that we want a big essay (don’t get me wrong a more extensive review is very much appreciated and very valuable).

It’s not really the wording per se for me. The expectation of a big essay comes entirely from myself. I’m quite anal that way (and can probably blame autism spectrum disorder). Smile

Would it help if we’d add an option to “cast your verdict”, so you have a rating and a few lines to share your opinion? Maybe that’s too leading of a question, so generally said, what would motivate you to share the piece of feedback that would be given in this thread as well?

Frankly, I think there’s little you can do to change my opinion on this. I’m not exactly capable of posting a “reader’s opinion” without it matching *my* idea of a review. Even if I know the site would settle for a lot less, *I* wouldn’t. Which is why I mostly post on the forums and far less on the main site…

I’m fine with posting a quick one-line opinion on a public forum. Doing the same under an editorial review is a different matter for me…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

Clive Barker’s Undying – PC

First two thirds I found great, last third I found it a slog. Bad last boss. Ending sets up a sequel that never happened.

Score: 6/10

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just beat legend of heroes trails of cold steel 1 and this might be one of my favorite jrpgs series of all time depending on how 2-4 turn out. Overall the turn based combat, life sim aspects, story and most of all characters are all very well done to me with a solid A+ effort in localization and english voice actors. Overall I would give the game a 9.5/10

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

Mega Man 7 that battle with the Wily Capsule at the end is extremely hard I guess they were like we made Wily way too easy in Mega Man 6 so we need to make him way too hard in the next game. Anyway I beat it and my LP has already been uploaded and will be officially released on my channel soon.

“You fight like a dairy farmer” - Secret of Monkey Island
“you always were a kidder Steve” - Harvester
“hello bright eyes” - Blackwell Legacy
“feeling lonely” - The 7th Guest

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

these are all the games I have beaten except im still working my way through god of war

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Jdawg445 - 21 May 2019 09:47 PM

just beat legend of heroes trails of cold steel 1

I’m going to start with the series soon starting with Trails in the Sky. I was going to jump in with Cold Steel I, but I’ve heard that it would be best if you’ve played the other ones too with Cold Steel III. And with Cold Steel IV prior games are supposed to be even more important.

Did you play the Trails in the Sky saga too? Luckily there’s a Japanese voice over mod now, with voices taken from the Japanese Evolution version, so it’s professionally done. Should give all that text a bit more character.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Tamiil - 22 October 2019 03:44 PM
Jdawg445 - 21 May 2019 09:47 PM

just beat legend of heroes trails of cold steel 1

I’m going to start with the series soon starting with Trails in the Sky. I was going to jump in with Cold Steel I, but I’ve heard that it would be best if you’ve played the other ones too with Cold Steel III. And with Cold Steel IV prior games are supposed to be even more important.

Did you play the Trails in the Sky saga too? Luckily there’s a Japanese voice over mod now, with voices taken from the Japanese Evolution version, so it’s professionally done. Should give all that text a bit more character.

No i did not and i dont think you need to either unless you want to, i heard they are good, but i was never lost and the couple of questions i did have a google search answered them quickly. Cold steel 1 and 2 are now up there with my favorite jrpgs of all time. I cant wait for cold steel 3, im getting it for christmas

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

1954 Alcatraz – PC

An average point and click adventure game as the score would suggest. I thought the voice acting was probably the highlight. Didn’t really get stuck at any point from beginning to end. Had 1 hard crash.

According to GoG Galaxy - Play time was 11h 26min

5/10

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top