• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Disco Elysium

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Quite well written noir-detective fiction with outstanding art direction,shouldn’t miss gaming experience.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Wow, this is finally out. Adding a trailer link so anyone that haven’t heard about this game could easily check it out:

I can’t wait to try out the game. It seems like this could finally be the Planescape Torment inspired rpg I was hoping to be made some day: with an eyedropping artstyle and an interesting world setting that’s not your ordinary and overused fantasy or sci-fi. And from what I see there’s no combat? so I’m guessing you could even look at it as an adventure game.

Has anyone played it yet?

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Played about 3 hours,story expands on many levels,differs from other rpgs with no combat whatsoever, adventure wise offers an engaging experience as classic ags.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

There is so much in this game, that it is almost impossible to see everything in a single play through. There is no correct combination of skills one can take to play the game effectively; however, there are a number of thoughts that one can develop very early in the game, so as to cumulatively yield a large quantity of money and experience without forcing the player down any particular plot path…
A nice starting guide

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I’m playing the game and totally loving it (very very slow. I’m only at day two and 4-5 hours have already passed. It’s definitely worth all the time spent paying attention to details and reading every freaking line of the billions of interactions and dialogue trees ...) I’m gonna post a thorough impression once I got more into it, but that’s definitely one of the most unique game experiences I’ve had for the year. I’m kind of sad for all the people in this forum who won’t play it just because it’s labeled as an rpg and not an adventure game (thus we’re discussing it here and not in the AG section). Frankly, for me this kind of game (holding tons of branching narrative, no combat, multiple solutions to every situation, immersive exploration and bunch of other stuff I’ve been dying to see in an adventure game) serves as a way better successor of the AG genre than:
1. repeating old formulas (pixel hunting, inventory puzzles etc.)
2. downgrading the challenge to an interactive story game
3. mix it with arcade/action elements to spice it up

Things like the “different character set” in Unavowed or the “three types of abilities” in Whispers of a Machine seemed like a breath of fresh air when I played them but this is nothing compared to what Disco Elysium has to offer in terms of replayability factor. I think it’s almost impossible to have two identical playthroughs in this game.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

badlemon - 07 November 2019 07:09 PM

Frankly, for me this kind of game (holding tons of branching narrative, no combat, multiple solutions to every situation, immersive exploration and bunch of other stuff I’ve been dying to see in an adventure game) serves as a way better successor of the AG genre..

Well if no combat may count as adventure as well.

“Indeed, Disco Elysium isn’t especially interested in the typical binary ideologies explored in most RPGs. It pokes fun at extremism and at the same time chides you for any attempt to retreat into non-committal centrism, and it’s even less interested in trying to dodge politics. Instead it wants you to focus on the dynamics of power that structure society and the systemic changes required to repair the inequities of those relationships. This is a game with a specific, if complex, point of view and it’s not afraid to remind you of it even when it’s leaving room for you to explore other ideas.”
A perfect score from gamespot.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m about 40 minutes in and this immediately shot up to my game of the year. I’m shocked with how well written and thought out this is.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

does it have any voice acting. I know VA can make or break a game,but Im hoping it does or will in the future

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Jdawg445 - 23 December 2019 04:27 PM

does it have any voice acting. I know VA can make or break a game,but Im hoping it does or will in the future

It follows the RPG convention where initial introductions and major turning points are voiced but there’s not enough voice acting to cover all the text. You’ll usually hear a lot of grunts and murmurs as you read through the text. Nonetheless, the writing is engaging enough without the addition of recorded dialogue.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This game looks amazing. Thanks for sharing - I’ll have to find time for this game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-12-25

PM

Is the game already on sale? I can’t find it.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

kassis - 19 February 2020 08:28 AM

Is the game already on sale? I can’t find it.

Digital download,steam or gog.com.

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

I found it extremely overrated. It does what it does well so you might like it but you must absolutely like what it does because it can be extremely obnoxious to a lot of people for one main reason. There is an obscene amount of text to read to move on from every single character and you even have to backtrack to most characters multiple times (let alone many complain that the game’s story is filled with political virtue signaling but let’s assume that’s even more subjective).

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I take that you’re too lazy to finish it but too eager review it,story is filled with political virtue signaling just hearsay,yes there are npc’s with certain political stance but your character builds his stance upon your choices.

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

Gabe - 20 April 2020 11:45 AM

I take that you’re too lazy

Your hate and personal attacks shows you are trapped in cognitive dissonance.
I found the game torture within a few hours due to the text walls.
If you can’t accept people have other opinions too bad for you.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

thinker - 20 April 2020 02:17 PM

I found the game torture within a few hours due to the text walls.

Must be very agonizing,sorry for the bother.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top