• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - screen freezing

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-03-15

PM

Every time I get to the Whitechappel Street my computer freezes.  I can see the building with a lady standing out front and my magnifier glass twirls around but it just freezes and then the screen goes blank.  Is this happening to anyone else and any ideas on how to fix it?
Actually I find the whole game runs sluggish.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Hey Siamese3,

You should update your drivers first and then set all graphics options in the game menu to minimum—> it will save from ‘freezing’.

Here are some more details from our tech guys, hope this helps:

To update your drivers, check the graphics chip manufacturer.
If you don’t know what is your video card adapter you can perform a DXDIAG

What is a Dxdiag ?
DxDiag is a diagnostic tool that provides all technical info of your computer (as the name of your graphic card, space available on your hard drive or the version of the OS) No confidential info is given.

How to create a DxDiag ?
1. Click on Start then Run.
2. In the field Open, type the command DXDIAG then click OK.
3. Wait till the program has finished to collect all data
4. in the DxDiag window, click on the button Save All Information
5. Choose the place where you wish to save it and click on Save
6. Once the save done, you can close the DxDiag window and open the file DxDiag.txt

On your dxdiag you can find the name of your video card, look for “display devices” and “card name”, once you have the name, you can go to manufacturer web site http://www.intel.com, www.nvidia.com, http://www.ati.com.

Note that for Notebook and laptop, you have to go to the computer manufacturer web site to find the right drivers.

To change graphics options you must deselect “Default”  checkbox in graphics options section

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-03-15

PM

Thanks for your help.  Works great now.  I am so happy to enjoy this game now which I had been waiting on forever. Grin

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Siamese3 - 19 November 2012 08:04 PM

Thanks for your help.  Works great now.  I am so happy to enjoy this game now which I had been waiting on forever. Grin

Great! Glad that it helped Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top