• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Advie - 10 September 2019 05:36 AM

I would have lead Memoria anytime with my eyes closed, but it all just happened so fast here.

If Memoria had had a leader I would have voted for it.
I didn’t think I should try to lead it myself because I don’t remember it very well.

I think it definitely helps the Community Playthrough if the leader likes the game.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 10 September 2019 10:03 AM
diego - 10 September 2019 09:19 AM
chrissie - 10 September 2019 08:15 AM

You, yourself have proved to be an enthusiastic & expressive playthrough leader so can understand your complete frustration at someone completely opposite with a very laid-back approach.

Hey! Thanks for the kind words, but I’m not “frustrated”! Grin Like I said, MikeKelly is doing the leader job which isn’t easy at all “by default”, and doing the favor to me, you and anyone else who wants to join. It’s probably rude to criticize someone who is doing a “favor” to you, but let’s be clear - I’m not frustrated. Wink

I apologise for the word diego but what word would you use instead?

I was just thinking loud - I said I might join the playthrough but I wished for some more info, apart from the official synopsis Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

We have lots more information now, both from me and others - some good opinions have already been posted.

To keep the first post generic has its pros and cons. If we make the leader job easy, more people would become leaders and that would be wonderful. Too many see it as a task that takes far too much work.

Also, it allows people to express their opinions about the game without upsetting the apple cart, which is a good thing.

Anyway, I’m starting to warm up to the game on this playthrough, so I will gladly post my honest opinions on the game - good or bad.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And as I watch the progress of the current playthrough, I see no excitement.

I think the least the leader can do, when saying “this” is where we will stop, is to post a screenshot of the stopping point. No criticism intended. If you’ve lead a few games using the same formula, and nobody complained, I would continue with the status quo as well.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I would like to nominate the following:

Hotel Dusk

The Last Window

You will need a Nintendo DS to play.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll nominate Lighthouse again. I have the discs, but it’s available on GOG, so that might be the easier way to go. Particularly if there’s a sale.

I took a look at some YouTube videos. The game has held up quite well for a game released in 1996. If you look at the introduction, there is no visible pixilation of the lettering on the title screens.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There is a sale at GOG at the mo but Lighthouse is not on sale - but it’s very inexpensive.
  Smile

I’m going to put forward again The St Christopher’s School Lockdown & I’ll lead.

Mikekelly - 27 October 2019 02:44 PM

Hotel Dusk

The Last Window

Heart

I know they’re both very worthy nominations (as I played partway through one on my sisters consol when I visited her ) but alas I don’t possess a Nintendo DS myself.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Seeing as how Jonathan Boakes will be releasing Blackenrock in November ‘come rain, shine, or murder’ [spoiler](No, OF COURSE it won’t happen*)[/spoiler] I’ll nominate (and would lead) The Lost Crown. Too long since I played that game.

Also nominate (and would lead) Broken Sword.

*Prove me wrong Boaksey, please!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Adding my votes to Lighthouse and Broken Sword.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Intense Degree - 28 October 2019 04:59 PM

Seeing as how Jonathan Boakes will be releasing Blackenrock in November ‘come rain, shine, or murder’ [spoiler](No, OF COURSE it won’t happen*)[/spoiler] I’ll nominate (and would lead) The Lost Crown. Too long since I played that game.

Whenever Jonathan Boakes’ game turns up I’m know it’s going to be worth waiting for but meanwhile I’ll cast a vote for The Lost Crown  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Mikekelly - 27 October 2019 02:44 PM

Hotel Dusk

The Last Window

Heart

I wonder whether there should be a separate playthrough thread for console games. I only say that because I think it’s a given that almost everyone on the forum has access to PC or Mac compatible games. Access to Nintendo, PlayStation, XBox, might be a little iffy.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Put me in for Broken Sword.

And no, there should not be a console CPT. Many people on this forum have an Ipad, Nintendo Switch, DS, Xbox, PS4, Etc. in addition to having a PC.

The Last Window won adventure game of the year, not console adventure game of the year.

Heart

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll start with the voting:

Broken Sword (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Doom, Mikekelly
The Lost Crown (2) - Intense Degree (leader), chrissie
Lighthouse (2) - rtrooney, Doom
Hotel Dusk (1) - Mikekelly
The Last Window (1) - Mikekelly
The St Christopher’s School Lockdown (1) - chrissie (leader)

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for organizing the voting, Chrissie.  I’d like to nominate and volunteer to lead Tormentum: Dark Sorrow again.  I’ll have to check the requirements for some of the other games before I vote.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I want to add a vote for St.Christopher’s School Lockdown.
I would have loved to try both Mikekelly games as I’ve heard really good stuff, but also don’t own the DS, unfortunately.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top