• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #55: Yesterday Origins

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

On a much more positive note, the game looks gorgeous even on a very large screen. Since I don’t have a gamepad for my PC, I tried streaming the game to the Nvidia Shield in our home theater. I rarely use the projector for games but am impressed by how well GameStream worked with only a little tinkering. As expected, using the Shield controller for the game was far better than a mouse.

Sounds like a great gaming experience. I am the opposite, playing the game on an iPad mini using touch controls.

Touch controls actually work well for most adventure games. They way you are playing it is almost like playing a console game on a big screen TV.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I completed both chapter 2 and 3 this evening, so I’m now at the current stopping point.

Both chapters were much more interesting to me than the first one. I like the mechanic of exploring memories.

Did I perhaps miss a scene at the end of chapter 2 by going straight to unlock the painting after getting the key? What would have happened if I visited Ezequiel’s workshop after sending Toribio and Gines there?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

miss a scene at the end of chapter 2 by going straight to unlock the painting after getting the key?

No, you did not. That is the way that I did it also. I checked around the internet and that is the preferred method of playing the game in that chapter. 

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

What would have happened if I visited Ezequiel’s workshop after sending Toribio and Gines there?

Nothing different. This game in chapter 2 at least has only one solution for any given puzzle and some puzzles must be solved in the proper order too.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Let’s play chapter 4 now. You have until next Sunday to finish it.

This chapter is another medieval one. Stop after you organize Fergus’ escape.

Heart

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I liked the New York chapter, especially the bit in the park, it played like a scavenger hunt, that was cute and refreshing. I’ve just started chapter 4 and I’m already encountering the same two problems that have plagued the game so far: buggy dialogue trees, and the feeling that the game expects you to do a string of very specific actions, but it’s absolutely not clear how to unravel it.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

NickyLarson - 29 September 2019 04:19 PM

Sometimes you can choose between different dialogue options in a way that lets you think it might influence the story or at least trigger a dialogue-based puzzle, but it doesn’t really result in anything - even worse, you can come back and exhaust all answers, even those that would logically be mutually exclusive.

Yes, this got me too. Why even have the options if you can go through them all? Some of those, like you said, are on the opposite ends of the spectrum, so it seems pointless…

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Pegbiter - 01 October 2019 05:28 AM

Also, the puzzle being for her to find things that she very well knows the location of is illogical.

You know what, I was so busy not liking Pauline that I haven’t even thought of that)). You’re absolutely right - she’s looking for an item she hid herself haha

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Couple of notes on 3rd chapter I, unfortunately, missed the deadline for…

*Giuseppe’s (brother Yago’s “best friend”) torch story was kinda disturbing. I didn’t feel very sad about what happened in the beginning of the chapter any longer…

*Can anyone point out the logic of the puzzle for [spoiler] finding the glasses on the ledge? He kept talking about a draft through the window and how father Ezequiel doesn’t take care of it, and I believe I was just trying everything on that window,  and when it came to glasses info option on the bottom right - boom! - spectacles on the ledge [spoiler/]

The later use of this item was hilarious by the way. Wouldn’t even cross my mind to do that if not for a very obvious dialogue nudge

As far as chapter 3… It was enjoyable enough. “Talking” to H. C. Andersen was kinda odd and amusing, and I’d love to stay in a hotel like that next time im in NYC)
Besides some strange puzzle logic (although ch 3 was a bit better in that manner) I can’t quite pinpont yet why this game just doesn’t have the right flow for me. It has potential and I do like it, but I won’t be remembering it as this “awesome game I tried and you definitely should too”. Well, at least not yet.
I think that the constant switch-up between locales helps with keeping up the entertainment value
What I do see as recurring themes are the facts that the game is just gorgeous throughout, and that I’m still struggling to find a character I like.

P.S. I haven’t played The Abbey (although it’s on my wish list and I’ll probably bump it to the top while I’m in this medeival mood), but did anyone actually read The Name of the Rose? It’s a pain in the ass of a book))

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

“finding the glasses on the ledge? He kept talking about a draft through the window and how father Ezequiel doesn’t take care of it, and I believe I was just trying everything on that window,  and when it came to glasses info option on the bottom right - boom! - spectacles on the ledge.” -  The only expalaintion I got for you is the glasses are required to see the the invisible thread that is hanging from the ceiling and almost touching the small desk with the book.

Not one of my favorite puzzles. Took me hours to get that one.  There are only two chapters to go after 4, so hang in there for an amazing ending!

Heart 

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

I belatedly finished chapter 3.

It was pretty short, and there’s nothing in it to really stand out, apart from the cryptex puzzle that I didn’t like because it relied on knowledge of the previous game, or at the very least on the fact that the player has a good memory for names. Unless I’ve missed something and there was a clue somewhere in the room, of course.

The puzzles, apart from the cryptex, were really easy and the story didn’t really progress much, so this chapter felt more like a filler.

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I have finished chapter 4. The artwork is still excellent and the story is interesting enough to have me keep guessing what will happen.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’ve finished chapter 4.
Comparatively speaking, it was better puzzle-wise in my opinion, more or less organic.
I like how twisted this story is, there isn’t anyone you can trust - it keeps things sightly on edge at all times.
I’m still beyond befuddled as how there’s no one here I like (i suppose Fergus could now be put in this category). I was hoping for Caytir to be that person (she seemed mysteriously forlorn and sweet in his dreams somehow), but my god! Yeah, that’s not happening either.
It’s such a strange move on devs’ part to make a game where you play some detestable MCs… John alone is really something. I’m experiencing disconnect that ranges from very mild ( where John is trying to find his overall identity in sporadic moments throughout the entire game) to absolute ( when he’s talking about torturing someone proudly)
After everything John’s been through you can hardly blame him for the way he turned out, but that still doesn’t mean I like “being him” for a majority of the game.

Next chapter seem to be picking up the pace, I’m looking forward to it!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Since chapters 5 and 6 are quite short, Let’s play chapters 5 and 6 until the end of the game now. You have until next Sunday to finish them, then post your thoughts on this game, good or bad.

I’m glad to see some people like the game, I am enjoying this play though of the game quite a bit and I am really interested in how people like the ending.

Heart

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I just finished the game and am fairly satisfied with the ending. A more thorough analysis will have to wait until the end of the playthrough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top