• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Ok cool. Only ending I wasn’t really sure about is the one where you kill Crystal because I can’t remember if you actually get a slightly different end movie.

And yeah I’ve tried to kill Sadik many times before act 5 like when he’s in Sebastian’s home or when he’s running in the sewers after killing Guzza. No luck. Always wondered if it’s possible.

Yeah it sucks about Maggie. If you could save her then that would only really make sense for the endings where McCoy goes back home. She always has to die if McCoy leaves on moonbus or by car so that there’s nothing holding him back from leaving to start a new life wherever he’s going. Unless Maggie can leave on the moonbus with the reps :p

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

McCoy97 - 14 August 2019 03:27 AM
Pegbiter - 13 August 2019 08:50 AM

3. Walking away alone after killing Sadik and Clovis even though I sympathized with them until then.

In this ending did you also meet Gaff before walking off alone? I’m trying to think what ending I’m missing Smile

Yes, McCoy met Gaff and picked up a paper dog. This is also the exact same ending I get after the moonbus massacre, after stroggoff quickly fixed the bug that left me with a dead end. The fix also added the twins to my moonbus endings, by the way.

I also tried another ending that required a minuscule amount of additional work:

5. Leaving in the moonbus without anyone sitting beside me. I killed Lucy before going out in the Kipple. This ending was almost identical to the one when I sat next to Lucy in the moonbus. They both end with Gaff walking off, leaving a paper tiger.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Pegbiter - 14 August 2019 07:32 AM

5. Leaving in the moonbus without anyone sitting beside me. I killed Lucy before going out in the Kipple. This ending was almost identical to the one when I sat next to Lucy in the moonbus. They both end with Gaff walking off, leaving a paper tiger.

This actually sounds like the 13th ending I’m missing tbh. Doesn’t sound like one of those I listed. Unless it’s the same as my #6 ending with Clovis. Is there an ending with McCoy sitting in one of the 2 front seats next to Clovis who’s flying the moonbus or does he always sit in the same seat in all the moonbus endings?

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

McCoy97 - 14 August 2019 08:53 AM
Pegbiter - 14 August 2019 07:32 AM

This actually sounds like the 13th ending I’m missing tbh. Doesn’t sound like one of those I listed. Unless it’s the same as my #6 ending with Clovis. Is there an ending with McCoy sitting in one of the 2 front seats next to Clovis who’s flying the moonbus or does he always sit in the same seat in all the moonbus endings?

I assume that it’s the same ending as your #6. The clip of McCoy is so zoomed-in that you can’t tell if he’s sitting next to someone.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I just realized I’ve never actually used Bob’s KIA upgrade. I’m on another playthrough trying for that so-called secret ending but I have absolutely no idea what clues to hide. I also have no idea if the upgrade even serves any useful purpose in the game, but I’m sure it has to. Why else is it there?

I’m pretty much done with act 2 again and so far I haven’t clicked on the mainframe screen to upload/download clues even once because I had to wait for the upgrade first (which I now have).

C’mon upgrade, what secrets are you hiding? Tongue

So far I spared/saved 2 reps. Little do they know what I’m planning to do to them… Naughty (God I hope not all the characters are reps this time because then I’m pretty much screwed come act 5. What’s the godmode cheat lmao)

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Reached the end again. Spared all possible reps, went to moonbus where unfortunately I was forced to kill Crystal. Reloaded an earlier save numerous times to try other things but it didn’t matter. Had to kill her every time. I don’t know what I did years ago for Crystal to still be alive when you play as a rep sympathizer but I know it is possible somehow.

And I actually think the proof is the glitch you get when you still kill all the reps in the moonbus. In my game the reps present were Clovis, Sadik, Zuben, Izo, Dektora and the twins. Both Lucy and Gordo were human so they were not there. I had to stand in a specific spot to be able to kill them all before they could kill me. I found the best place to stand is at the bottom right in the moonbus. I killed Izo and Zuben first because they were closest, followed by Clovis and Dektora and finally Sadik. The twins disappeared. But anyway i was then stuck in the moonbus with no way to exit. And I am convinced the game glitches out like this because Crystal is dead and she is supposed to be in a scene once you leave the moonbus. So there has to be a way to play as a rep sympathizer and NOT kill Crystal, but I haven’t been able to figure it out this time. Wish I knew what I did years ago. Frown

Anyway when I didn’t kill the reps I got 1 of 2 endings. Either the one leaving in moonbus with Clovis (and the rest of the reps) or the cringy one where you drive away with the human Lucy because she’s the one who called me.

Btw I didn’t use Bob’s upgrade at all and I also didn’t even click on the mainframe computer even once throughout the entire game. If I knew which clues to hide to maybe try to fool Crystal then I would try for that ending again, but I don’t. I’m still sure there has to be a way and that Bob’s upgrade has an actual purpose.

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

McCoy97 - 16 August 2019 07:13 AM

And I actually think the proof is the glitch you get when you still kill all the reps in the moonbus. In my game the reps present were Clovis, Sadik, Zuben, Izo, Dektora and the twins. Both Lucy and Gordo were human so they were not there. I had to stand in a specific spot to be able to kill them all before they could kill me. I found the best place to stand is at the bottom right in the moonbus. I killed Izo and Zuben first because they were closest, followed by Clovis and Dektora and finally Sadik. The twins disappeared. But anyway i was then stuck in the moonbus with no way to exit. And I am convinced the game glitches out like this because Crystal is dead and she is supposed to be in a scene once you leave the moonbus. So there has to be a way to play as a rep sympathizer and NOT kill Crystal, but I haven’t been able to figure it out this time. Wish I knew what I did years ago. Frown

That’s the dead end I had earlier. Try again with the latest build of ScummVM, reloading from before entering the moonbus.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Wouldn’t really matter because I need to find a way for Crystal to be alive. I’m not looking for a Gaff ending Smile

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

I wish I could help more with the special ending, but my estimation is that it’s unfeasible in the original game. I may be wrong though, it’s just my impression from the last time that I looked into that particular code, and I may have missed something. For now it’s not a priority to fix, but I will eventually get around to it, since I have to go over a second (or third pass) over the AI for most if not all characters for the restored content version.

I can say with confidence that the twins glitch is due to a bug of the original game; the twins in Act 5 didn’t get a special “goal” and so they maintain their routine from the previous Act. Thus, they are “moving around” (since in Act 4 they can be underground but they can also pop out sometimes). This was fixed in the ScummVM version after pegbiter reported it a few days ago.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I’m not really gonna do another playthrough now.

But do you know which clues if any should be hidden with Bob’s upgrade? Can the upgrade even influence or make a difference in the game/story? I guess it’s extremely difficult to know for sure unless you experiment with every single clue and then play till the end but that could take years haha. I have a feeling there could possibly be only one or maybe two clues the upgrade was meant for. I don’t have the time or patience to figure it out

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 16 August 2019 10:50 AM

I’m not really gonna do another playthrough now.

But do you know which clues if any should be hidden with Bob’s upgrade? Can the upgrade even influence or make a difference in the game/story?

I don’t know if there’s a specific set of clues, but there could be. The upgrade does as “advertised” and will not upload any selected clues to the mainframe, but then this creates the issue of it being functionally identical to never uploading anything to the mainframe—unless certain clues count as “positive” for Steele to develop trust (yet something to check or restore) and therefore have to be uploaded to the mainframe, while hiding others.

I won’t know for sure until I check Steele’s AI and that’s down the road, hopefully within the next weeks.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Someone needs to get in contact with Louis Castle and invite him to this thread lol. He needs to come have a little chat about that secret ending Smile

Also I just played around with some of the scumm settings and found shorty mode haha. I should’ve played the entire game like that. Sitcom mode is too annoying tbh

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

I wanted to get in touch with David Leary and Louis Castle (about script questions, dialogue transcript issues and removed vs bugged out content) but was hesitant to do so before we had a stable version in ScummVM, and I’m still not quite confident I have all questions sorted in my mind Smile

I’d love their feedback though, on the playthrough comments and their design decisions and stuff they had to drop.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Stroggoff this complete guide(https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/196769-blade-runner/faqs/73383) is yours?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

Gabe - 17 August 2019 06:27 AM

Stroggoff this complete guide(https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/196769-blade-runner/faqs/73383) is yours?

It’s not, but I provided some feedback and corrections for that mostly about the VK transcripts.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top