• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 12 August 2019 11:44 PM

Yup even with just a couple of the reps in the moonbus they can kill you very quickly depending on who’s there. One of the first times I’ve ever played the game I took that route because I thought I had to. I think that’s when you get a slightly different and surprised response from Crystal outside if she’s still alive because she thought you were a rep sympathizer. That’s where the best ammo can be extremely useful. Why do you say it’s buggy in the original btw? Can’t remember that I’ve had any issues

It is buggy because under certain not so rare conditions, if you had retired Dektora, she would show up as a corpse in the moonbus, and then spontaneously resurrect and try to kill you while being on fire (!). Also, iirc, if Lucy is there then the ending might not trigger. Izo, Zuben and the twins could also be buggy (they would not attack or they would be unkillable)

Btw [spoiler]the thing you mention with the different Steele response, is what was reported earlier this year as “the secret ending” for Blade Runner. The thing is, I don’t think it’s possible to get that one; did you ever achieved it? Because if you are a Rep sympathiser then Steele will kill Maggie and then block your path to the moonbus so you have to kill her. Being a Rep sympathiser is the only way to enter the moonbus and find the other alive Replicants inside - otherwise, you’ll just find Clovis dying. So you can’t have Steele alive after you shoot up all the Replicants in the moonbus to get her nuanced response. This response is in the game’s code; I just don’t think the conditions can ever be met for it to trigger. I’ve had some ideas on how to restore it in the “restored content” version, but none is implemented as of yet[/spoiler]

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

stroggoff - 13 August 2019 02:55 AM

It is buggy because under certain not so rare conditions, if you had retired Dektora, she would show up as a corpse in the moonbus, and then spontaneously resurrect and try to kill you while being on fire (!). Also, iirc, if Lucy is there then the ending might not trigger. Izo, Zuben and the twins could also be buggy (they would not attack or they would be unkillable)

Ah ok. Luckily I don’t think any of that has ever happened in my game the couple of times I’ve done things that way. I mean if I go the rep sympathizer route I don’t kill Dektora before act 5 anyway. But I also can’t really remember which of the characters were present back then. I think I remember Gordo attacking me in the moonbus though so maybe he was one of them.

Btw [spoiler]the thing you mention with the different Steele response, is what was reported earlier this year as “the secret ending” for Blade Runner. The thing is, I don’t think it’s possible to get that one; did you ever achieved it?[/spoiler]

Secret ending??? Didn’t know it’s considered secret. But yes I have seen that ending before on at least a couple of playthroughs. Reading that article it says the ending has Crystal saying “didn’t know you had it in you Slick”. So yes, I’ve killed the reps in the moonbus and then Crystal said that to me outside. I clearly remember that specific phrase from her and she definitely didn’t say that in this community playthrough of mine (I got the normal Crystal ending this time). My memory is a little fuzzy about the details but it’s either a movie of McCoy stepping out of the moonbus to find Crystal waiting there, OR it’s an in-game rendered scene with the chat between them before you get the normal Crystal ending or something. But for some reason I remember a movie of McCoy stepping out of the moonbus, but I could be confusing it with some other game. It’s one of those two though. Last time I got that ending was years ago.

Although if it was a movie then you probably would’ve found it in the game files by now lol so I may have stuff mixed up Tongue All I know for sure is I have heard that phrase from her and I have met up with her after killing all reps in the moonbus. Which is why I’m a bit surprised that it’s “secret” apparently

I think I’ll try another playthrough just to try for that ending. It may be difficult though because now I’m thinking certain conditions have to be just right because of Crystal like you said. Don’t know if that’s the case. I’ll try everything I can think of though and report back Smile

Is there a youtube vid of the ending somewhere? I’ll have to check

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Maybe that’s where Bob’s upgrade comes in handy so that you can choose what to share with Crystal to fool her? I dunno I’ll try stuff… I have a few ideas haha

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

McCoy97 - 12 August 2019 04:15 PM
chrissie - 12 August 2019 12:05 PM

Sorry McCoy, I still say that it’s possible that the technology would cause extreme instabilities on trying to extend the lifespan rather than in the development stage.

Possible but I’m just going by what I read about the original book actually. In it there’s another android manufacturer and they didn’t know how to manufacture an android capable of living beyond 4 years which to me suggests it’s a technological limitation during development. At least with replicants up to the Nexus 6 series. More modern/advanced replicants like the Nexus 8 and 9 had much longer lifespans. I don’t know about the Nexus 7 because apparently Rachael is the only one and I think she died giving birth. It’s never really mentioned how long she lived.

I haven’t read the book but it does seem that the film borrowed from the story rather than recreated it & the game is based on the film. Yes, I agree that you don’t know from the film sequel how long Rachael lived but if you can believe her child is in their late 20’s you can’t know that Rachael’s lifespan was longer than 4 years.
I really want to believe that the 4-year lifespan could be extended both in the film & the game as otherwise the replicants’ risk to their lives on coming back to earth would be fruitless. I guess I’m a rep sympathiser at heart.

To me it just doesn’t make sense that Tyrell would design an android with a 4 year lifespan if the technology exists during development to make them last longer. Doesn’t sound like a good business plan. So I believe they have 4 years because that’s the best Tyrell can do with them with the technology available.

Tyrell is designing replicants as a commodity for which he obviously makes a lot of money out of.
Well, if you’ve designed something that’s going to be a threat after 4 years because it’s evolved & wants more than being a slave/servant, your customers aren’t going to recommend it to their friends/business partners etc after they start causing trouble.

Also, on a more cynical note, many of the goods you buy today in the real world aren’t built to last, although they could be, & deliberately have weak points so you have to buy new ones eventually keeping the income coming for the suppliers.

Of course I could always be talking complete and utter bollocks Tongue

I’ve done that apparently (just on the very rare occasion of course) - it is known!  Laughing

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve reached the following endings:

1. Leaving in the car with Lucy the replicant without enough DNA information to save her.

2. Leaving in the car alone after allowing Crytstal to kill Lucy.

3. Walking away alone after killing Sadik and Clovis even though I sympathized with them until then.

4. Leaving in the Moonbus with Clovis, Zuben, Lucy, Dektora, Gordo and Sadik. Sadik was not a replicant, so perhaps he did not leave with us.

I also tried reaching an ending by killing everyone in the Moonbus after getting the fuel. This seems to have left me with a dead end though, since I can’t leave the Moonbus and the only hot-spots are the corpses. Is this intentional?

Sometime soon I will replay the game doing the Real Blade Runner path.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 13 August 2019 06:17 AM

Maybe that’s where Bob’s upgrade comes in handy so that you can choose what to share with Crystal to fool her? I dunno I’ll try stuff… I have a few ideas haha

This is definitely among my ideas in order to restore that ending and it makes sense.

Anyway, whenever I go for the moonbus massacre ending, the one waiting outside is Gaff and it makes sense, since Steele is dead at that point

Also, to be exact, Louis Castle is not correct about the line (there is no such line “I didn’t know you had it in you, Slick” in the audio files). The extra conversation that you get only if McCoy exits the moobus, and Steele is still alive but very unfriendly to McCoy (so I guess McCoy does not have to do the “Moonbus Massacre”, maybe?) goes like this:

S: I gotta admit. I had my doubts about you.
M: What are you saying, Steele? You still wanna put me on the Machine?
S: Take it easy, will ya?
M: I plan to. I’m going home.
S: I gotta say, McCoy. You had me fooled. I thought for sure you were a Rep.
S: Don’t get me wrong. I mean, you’re one crazy dude. But I like that.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Pegbiter - 13 August 2019 08:50 AM

I also tried reaching an ending by killing everyone in the Moonbus after getting the fuel. This seems to have left me with a dead end though, since I can’t leave the Moonbus and the only hot-spots are the corpses. Is this intentional?

There’s no fourteenth ending, game officially stops there.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

It’s not intentional (but it was buggy in the original game). Are you playing the ScummVM version? If so, check whether there are the twins in there too, because if they are you’ll have to kill them, as well. They can be hard to spot since they are in the background sitting at the helm of the moonbus.
If all Replicants are dead in the moonbus, then the ending is automatically triggered.

Gabe - 13 August 2019 09:10 AM

There’s no fourteenth ending, game officially stops there.

This is not correct, the game has a proper ending there, even though it is identical to another.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

stroggoff - 13 August 2019 09:43 AM

This is not correct, the game has a proper ending there, even though it is identical to another.

That was my meant,no different ending whatsoever.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

stroggoff - 13 August 2019 09:43 AM

It’s not intentional (but it was buggy in the original game). Are you playing the ScummVM version? If so, check whether there are the twins in there too, because if they are you’ll have to kill them, as well. They can be hard to spot since they are in the background sitting at the helm of the moonbus.
If all Replicants are dead in the moonbus, then the ending is automatically triggered.

I’m using ScummVM and have tried the latest daily build. The twins are not there and I have searched the whole screen thoroughly with the aim for other things to shoot. I can send you a save file it that would be helpful.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

Pegbiter - 13 August 2019 10:38 AM

I’m using ScummVM and have tried the latest daily build. The twins are not there and I have searched the whole screen thoroughly with the aim for other things to shoot. I can send you a save file it that would be helpful.

That’d be perfect, please do.

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

stroggoff - 12 August 2019 10:18 AM

First, thank you Chrissie for organizing this excellent community playthrough. I’ve had lots of fun even though I still haven’t caught up with the last Act quite yet.

No, thank YOU stroggoff as you’ve been so helpful.
I’m so chuffed with the way the playthrough’s gone but the success has to rest on the strength of the game & the enthusiasm of the players - I just divided up the acts as anyone could do.
But we’re not finished yet - keep coming with the endings! Smile   

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

stroggoff - 13 August 2019 09:02 AM

The extra conversation that you get only if McCoy exits the moobus, and Steele is still alive but very unfriendly to McCoy (so I guess McCoy does not have to do the “Moonbus Massacre”, maybe?) goes like this:

S: I gotta admit. I had my doubts about you.
M: What are you saying, Steele? You still wanna put me on the Machine?
S: Take it easy, will ya?
M: I plan to. I’m going home.
S: I gotta say, McCoy. You had me fooled. I thought for sure you were a Rep.
S: Don’t get me wrong. I mean, you’re one crazy dude. But I like that.

Ok yeah maybe that was the chat I was thinking about, I don’t know. But the “didn’t know you had it in you” line still sounds very familiar. I’m sure I’ve heard it. Also just realized the article says “Slick” but Crystal’s nickname for McCoy is Slim.

But I know for a fact I did meet Crystal outside the moonbus after killing the remaining reps inside. That I remember clearly. And I still have that very vague memory in the back of my mind somewhere of an ending movie of McCoy stepping out of the moonbus with Crystal waiting for him there. Don’t know why I remember something like that. Whether it really exists I don’t know anymore because there is no proof anywhere on the interwebs. Maybe I dreamt it one night lmao Grin

Thing is though there are apparently 13 endings right? Because right now I can only maybe think of 11 or 12. Here’s a list of the ones I remember, so let me know which ones I’m missing:

1. You walk away with Crystal after moonbus.
2. Bomb kills Crystal, you meet Gaff after retiring remaining reps.
3. You kill Crystal and meet Gaff after retiring all reps (I think the dialogue here is slightly different than #2. Can’t remember if this is actually a different ending than #2 though)
4. All reps leave in moonbus, you’re with Dektora.
5. All reps leave in moonbus, you’re with Lucy.
6. You fly off with Clovis in moonbus (can’t remember if there are other reps as well)
7. Car ending with Dektora, you have the DNA.
8. Car ending with Dektora, you don’t have DNA.
9. Car ending with rep Lucy, you have DNA.
10. Car ending with rep Lucy, you don’t have DNA.
11. Car ending with Lucy, she’s human.
12. McCoy drives off alone.

I do know that there’s actually an ending missing from the game (the one with Dektora in the car if she’s human. I think the developers forgot about that or something. Because in the game iirc even if she’s human, McCoy talks about her as if she’s a rep. So maybe that was supposed to be the 13th ending? Or there really is that secret ending I’m thinking of haha Tongue Unless of course I’m missing an ending…

I’ll still do another playthrough to see what I can do. Smile

chrissie - 13 August 2019 08:48 AM
McCoy97 - 12 August 2019 04:15 PM

Of course I could always be talking complete and utter bollocks Tongue

I’ve done that apparently (just on the very rare occasion of course) - it is known!  Laughing

I do it all the time Tongue

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

3. Walking away alone after killing Sadik and Clovis even though I sympathized with them until then.

In this ending did you also meet Gaff before walking off alone? I’m trying to think what ending I’m missing Smile

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 14 August 2019 02:36 AM

Thing is though there are apparently 13 endings right? Because right now I can only maybe think of 11 or 12. Here’s a list of the ones I remember, so let me know which ones I’m missing:

1. You walk away with Crystal after moonbus.
2. Bomb kills Crystal, you meet Gaff after retiring remaining reps.
3. You kill Crystal and meet Gaff after retiring all reps (I think the dialogue here is slightly different than #2. Can’t remember if this is actually a different ending than #2 though)
4. All reps leave in moonbus, you’re with Dektora.
5. All reps leave in moonbus, you’re with Lucy.
6. You fly off with Clovis in moonbus (can’t remember if there are other reps as well)
7. Car ending with Dektora, you have the DNA.
8. Car ending with Dektora, you don’t have DNA.
9. Car ending with rep Lucy, you have DNA.
10. Car ending with rep Lucy, you don’t have DNA.
11. Car ending with Lucy, she’s human.
12. McCoy drives off alone.

I do know that there’s actually an ending missing from the game (the one with Dektora in the car if she’s human. I think the developers forgot about that or something. Because in the game iirc even if she’s human, McCoy talks about her as if she’s a rep. So maybe that was supposed to be the 13th ending? Or there really is that secret ending I’m thinking of haha Tongue Unless of course I’m missing an ending…

I don’t think that there’s an official listing anywhere—that I’ve seen, so I believe you’re pretty much correct about the above.

The cut human Dektora ending is the only one that has a (cut) video cutscene in the files, which is basically, like the other romance endings, the same Dektora scene with the appropriately nuanced voice-over.

I think there’s some traces of another ending where Sadik is already dead/retired before Act 5, so then Clovis kills Maggie and you face him instead of Sadik. This is impossible to get in the original game (or the ScummVM version). It might be restored in the uncut version, depending on how much of the cut assets can support it.

Sadly I don’t think there’s an ending whereby Maggie survives, but maybe in an “restored” version where McCoy fools everyone with Bob’s KIA mod, she could Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top