• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Damn, R.I.P Frown

He died on the 19th apparently

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh, that’s sad and unexpected news Frown Hauer looked badass even as an elderly man, such a brilliant actor.

And thanks for the tips, guys! For years I believed there’s some beyond-the-screen realtime police work going on and that I have to be smart and quick to get to the crime scenes first. And after Steele told me she had already searched the area and interviewed everyone at the start of the Act 2, I started analyzing my actions - in fact it turned out I missed quite a few clues, in particular those involving photo scans (maybe someone knows exactly how many clues each photo contains?) 

Well, now I feel safe (more or less). And I forgot about the upgraded ammo, will keep it mind! I have another question: I read somewhere that I need to click on every new item/clue in my PDA to “activate” them for the PDA and database, although I have big doubts about that - it just shows rotating 3D items and gives same descriptions I already heard in the process. Sounds like an unnecessary routine.

McCoy97 - 24 July 2019 03:07 AM

Haha if you put your gun away and talked to him in the warehouse, he would’ve just ran past you through the door behind you, you monster :p

Well, law is law Cool

Advie - 24 July 2019 01:23 PM

LOL, its th first time i see a playthrough where all player are experts at it.
this is real FUN!!

Tbh I picked this piece of trivia from an article about Jim Walls some 10 years ago Innocent Before that I was sure he had retired after Blue Force. But apparently Mr. Walls is very talented and could deal with futuristic cops as well.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I’m pretty sure I know about all the clues you can find in all photos. Smile

- in Runciter pic1 showing the back of the store you can get 3 clues
- Runciter pic2 showing the door you get 4 clues
- Tyrell crime scene: 4 clues
- The picture Izo takes of you before running off differs from game to game but it has either 1 or 2 clues depending on which photo you get
- Izo pic2 showing the bar: 2 clues

That’s all the photos you should have for now Smile Or at least those are the ones I have right now. I could’ve gotten one from the barman as well but I’ll get that later. I’m tied up at the moment so can’t do anything Grin

I also remember reading that part about the clues in your database. Not too sure about that but I click all new clues if it has an arrow next to it to review them. Just a personal preference really and sometimes you do download new clues from Steele’s case etc. Not sure if clicking on all your clues matters or not though.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Wow, million thanks, McCoy97! I managed to find all the clues only for the 3rd photo so far. Lots of pixel hunting to be done. Now I feel like replaying the whole game to get the full out of it… Maybe I will spare Zuben after all. The only thing that stops me is the shooting gallery, not sure I will be able to score 75 points again.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

RIP Rutger Hauer, he was a brilliant actor in general and a fantastic presence in the Blade Runner (delivering one of the best monologues in the film and probably in the cinema Smile, which apparently he either wrote by himself or heavily affected its final version).

About clicking on the clues in KIA. No, you don’t *have to* do that. However, a few may offer some extra (usually flavor) commentary that you won’t hear from McCoy otherwise (eg for one of the clues for Howie Lee’s, McCoy will explain in short why Howie owes favors to the LPD.

You may have heard that clicking on the PDA clues because of *something else* that may come into play (this can happen during Act 2, if you befriend a certain character). In which case the game will explicitly explain to the player how it is supposed to work. (spoilers sadly, in the vanilla game, that mechanic barely affects anything)

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Today I reached the beginning of Act 3, playing with my four day old son in a baby carrier. He should learn to appreciate a good adventure game as soon as possible.

I found a bug while chasing Izo. It seems to happen every time I run directly to the place outside Bullet Bob’s instead of following him down after he temporarily blinds me. If I leave the area while Crystal and Izo are still on screen, the whole confrontation between them happens a second time. This also happens if I am in the way and he manages to escape. The bug remains after I upgraded to the latest daily build. Would you be interested in a save game, stroggoff?

Regarding Izo, I decided to go with Crystal arresting him. I tried quite a few times to be the one to arrest him but he just keeps running until she shows up.

stroggoff - 22 July 2019 05:42 AM

This Act has quite a few locations and characters from the movie to catch! Towards the end of the Act, at Sebastian’s apartment, did you shoot the weird doll in the chess room or did you spare her?

I didn’t realize that I could use the gun in that room. Perhaps I will go back and give it a try.

McCoy97 - 22 July 2019 06:07 AM

Btw who else likes to just stand on the balcony in McCoy’s apartment? Best piece of music right there!

This is indeed a great place to idle!

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Yikes, 4 days old? Good luck :p

I just reloaded an earlier save to see if I get that bug as well by doing what you did. No luck, everything is as it should be. The confrontation doesn’t happen again and Crystal is gone. But I always think following Izo into basement is the best option. Just makes more sense that way Smile

Doom - 24 July 2019 05:04 PM

Wow, million thanks, McCoy97! I managed to find all the clues only for the 3rd photo so far. Lots of pixel hunting to be done. Now I feel like replaying the whole game to get the full out of it… Maybe I will spare Zuben after all. The only thing that stops me is the shooting gallery, not sure I will be able to score 75 points again.

Well the shooting gallery is totally optional. Having a high score or not has no effect on the game. Just bragging rights lol.

But you can still get the clues you’re missing from all the photos at any time though. I think….

Have you guys seen Deckard yet? He can sometimes be seen walking around but he’ll just ignore you. One of those random encounters. Then you can also see him in one of Izo’s photos. If you’ve seen the movie you’ll know what he’s doing there Smile

The only characters I’ve seen walking around so far are Crystal, Gaff, Guzza and Gordo. Guzza is never in the office lol and Gordo gave me some nice new info for my database

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

Pegbiter - 24 July 2019 08:33 PM

I found a bug while chasing Izo. It seems to happen every time I run directly to the place outside Bullet Bob’s instead of following him down after he temporarily blinds me. If I leave the area while Crystal and Izo are still on screen, the whole confrontation between them happens a second time. This also happens if I am in the way and he manages to escape. The bug remains after I upgraded to the latest daily build. Would you be interested in a save game, stroggoff?

Yes, most certainly. The exits are supposed to be disabled in that scene while both Steele and Izo are still there, so if they aren’t, that’s a bug.

Edit: I re-tested the scene and fixed a couple of bugs today, so this could cover your case. Can you test again with tomorrow’s ScummVM build to make sure?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 24 July 2019 02:10 PM
diego - 24 July 2019 02:04 PM

p.s. for years I’ve been trying to find a movie starring Rutger Hauer but to no avail… I watched it long time ago on a TV, all I remember is that it’s a B production movie, in a kind of a futuresque, post-apocalyptic world, something similar to Mad Max 2 (the setting is very much like a typical 80s movie). Rutger Hauer is in leading role, he’s kinda on a journey through some deserted land, though I’m not sure about it, I hardly remember the plot and everything else.

Omega Doom

Nah, that’s not it. In my memory, it looked like 80s, even late 70s movies, but I can’t find it on imdb.

p.s. I just remembered another Rutger Hauer movie - The Blood of Heroes. It’s funny that we as kids tried to emulate the game of Jugger in our yard. Gasp Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

About my current progress with Act 2 for the playthrough.

I’m currently at DNA Row.

Izo was Replicant and he was shot dead. Bullet Bob confirmed his goggles were worn only by Replicants in the Off-World wars. Got the KIA upgrade from him too for a small cost.

I also went to the meeting with Tyrell and his… assistant, and also got a loan from Guzza, so now I have even more chinyen that I don’t have anywhere to spend them on. Except maybe booze Grin

Still a few things to do before Act 3 Smile

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

stroggoff - 25 July 2019 10:09 AM

Izo was Replicant and he was shot dead. Bullet Bob confirmed his goggles were worn only by Replicants in the Off-World wars. Got the KIA upgrade from him too for a small cost.

That’s something I’ve been wondering about. I also got the goggles (that’s the item I was talking about btw. Super hard to see. Most people will probably miss it unless they know it’s there). But when I asked Bob about it he didn’t tell me anything. He just said I should ask one of my friends or something. So I don’t know if Izo is a rep or not and I haven’t had the chance to ask anyone else about the goggles. Don’t know if I can.

But I read somewhere that if Crystal shoots him, that means he’s a rep. If she arrests him instead it means he’s human. Is that the case? In my game she killed him so then he’s probably a rep.

I also didn’t get the opportunity to get a KIA upgrade from Bob. I think I made a mistake somewhere by revealing to him that I’m a cop. I remember he doesn’t like cops. Not sure if I can still get the upgrade at some point? Can’t remember.

As for the Tyrell meeting, I haven’t been able to do that in act 2. Guzza hasn’t been in his office at all since the start of the game that lousy bastard. I did catch a glimpse of him near the bar though. Looks like he walked away from me when I saw him lol.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 25 July 2019 01:39 PM
stroggoff - 25 July 2019 10:09 AM

That’s something I’ve been wondering about. I also got the goggles (that’s the item I was talking about btw. Super hard to see. Most people will probably miss it unless they know it’s there). But when I asked Bob about it he didn’t tell me anything. He just said I should ask one of my friends or something. So I don’t know if Izo is a rep or not and I haven’t had the chance to ask anyone else about the goggles. Don’t know if I can.

But I read somewhere that if Crystal shoots him, that means he’s a rep. If she arrests him instead it means he’s human. Is that the case? In my game she killed him so then he’s probably a rep.

I also didn’t get the opportunity to get a KIA upgrade from Bob. I think I made a mistake somewhere by revealing to him that I’m a cop. I remember he doesn’t like cops. Not sure if I can still get the upgrade at some point? Can’t remember.

The thing about Bob is he actually really likes Blade Runners, and is a good friend of Holden’s (who gets shot by a Replicant (...) in the start of the movie. The main thing that will get him upset at McCoy is talking about how he is harassing “Hassan” at animoid row. If you stay away from that topic, (and probably not draw a gun in his shop, Bob will be a friend.

If Bob is a friend he will comment on the goggles. If he is not, then he says what he said to you.

About Izo’s googles. If they are at the basement, then Izo is a Replicant (because only Reps wear those). And you’re right, if Steele shoots him dead then that also confirms he is a Replicant.

Finally, Guzza is on a real-time schedule starting from Act 2. I was lucky enough to catch him at his office, but yeah, he won’t be there all the time.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I’m expecting ResidualVM implementation for replaying BR one more time.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

stroggoff - 25 July 2019 01:47 PM

The main thing that will get him upset at McCoy is talking about how he is harassing “Hassan” at animoid row. If you stay away from that topic, (and probably not draw a gun in his shop, Bob will be a friend.

If Bob is a friend he will comment on the goggles. If he is not, then he says what he said to you.

Ok yeah I screwed up by talking about Hassan. I actually knew about that in previous playthroughs but these are little details I forgot about this time haha. Didn’t draw my gun in his shop this time though because I know he can get pissed and kill me. Smile So what about that KIA upgrade? No way for me to get that now? I can’t remember. I know Bob’s place will be closed in upcoming acts.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

Gabe - 25 July 2019 02:45 PM

I’m expecting ResidualVM implementation for replaying BR one more time.

BR is in ScummVM’s scope, not ResidualVM’s.
You could however wait for the full restored content version to reach public beta Smile

McCoy97 - 25 July 2019 03:33 PM

Ok yeah I screwed up by talking about Hassan. I actually knew about that in previous playthroughs but these are little details I forgot about this time haha. Didn’t draw my gun in his shop this time though because I know he can get pissed and kill me. Smile So what about that KIA upgrade? No way for me to get that now? I can’t remember. I know Bob’s place will be closed in upcoming acts.

No way, I’m afraid. If Bob is not a “friend”, he won’t offer to do that. Also useful to know, Bob actually wants to be VK-tested (...).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top