• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 22 July 2019 06:07 AM
stroggoff - 22 July 2019 05:42 AM

Towards the end of the Act, at Sebastian’s apartment, did you shoot the weird doll in the chess room or did you spare her?

Had to reload a save to see what you’re talking about. In all my years of playing this game I never knew you could do that. Cool! Totally pointless though haha and even McCoy says that he just wasted another bullet, but still cool. I still see new things after all this time Smile

This is probably because even though you can also do this in the original game too (without ScummVM), it is a lot harder (the target hot-spot is way off) and the end-result is super glitchy Grin

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Nah just never thought to pull out my gun and shoot anything in there. Never crossed my mind. Also tried to shoot the dolls walking around haha. But they’re in the movie so you can’t.

Btw can anyone tell me where I got all the money from? At the start of the game (on hard) I had something like 90 or 60 bucks, and I know when I retired Zuben I was paid 200. Since then I bought some food at Howie Lee’s, upgraded my ammo, bought a bracelet and wasted some cash on a couple of drinks, but when I checked my money situation just now I saw that I now have 430 chinyen. Where did I get the extra cash from?? Can’t figure that out…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also just like to stand on the balcony. Great part of the game. Love the music when you do that. I have made it to act 3. I am tied up at the moment.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 22 July 2019 06:28 AM

Nah just never thought to pull out my gun and shoot anything in there. Never crossed my mind. Also tried to shoot the dolls walking around haha. But they’re in the movie so you can’t.

Btw can anyone tell me where I got all the money from? At the start of the game (on hard) I had something like 90 or 60 bucks, and I know when I retired Zuben I was paid 200. Since then I bought some food at Howie Lee’s, upgraded my ammo, bought a bracelet and wasted some cash on a couple of drinks, but when I checked my money situation just now I saw that I now have 430 chinyen. Where did I get the extra cash from?? Can’t figure that out…

You start with 100 chinyen in any non-Easy mode.
Act 1:If you retire Zuben that is +200 chinyen.
Act 2:If you find the envelope at the twins apartment, you pocket the cash Grin that is +200 chinyen too

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Oh ok yeah I found the envelope Smile Didn’t know about the money

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

im glad yall are enjoying the game im all tied up with god of war and judgement so I wont be able to do this playthrough but blade runner is one of my top 10 fav adventure games of all time

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Yup mine too. Awesome game! Also one of the best ever games based on a movie.

You might as well join though. Doesn’t take long to complete each playthrough section lol

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 20 July 2019 01:29 PM

Unfortunately TimovieMan is going to be away for a couple of weeks - @ Tim, hope the move goes smoothly - I’ve moved enough times to know what a PITA that is & have a great holiday, especially well needed after moving!  Smile

The move is (mostly) going according to plan. It’s not a particularly big move since we’re only going next door. Smile

The house is near-identical (but mirrored), but we were in a row house and are now moving to a semi-open one (the last one in the row). It’s got 160 square meters of additional garden, and a lot of work that we were planning in our house has already been done in the new one (we were going to take down our oversized garden shed and turn the terrace more into an actual garden, make an attic in the garage for storage, and remodel our bathroom - the new one has a bathroom that was remodeled two years ago, there already is an attic in the garage, no garden shed but a really nice and large garden, and where we were going to have to remodel our kitchen within a few years, there it had been remodeled about eight years ago and is still very much good to go for a couple of decades, plus the new house even has solar panels which ours didn’t).
We weren’t planning on buying a new house (heck, I had already contacted a contractor for our bathroom), but then our neighbours announced they were selling and the missus started thinking whether or not we should consider buying it. Seeing as how we can see their garden from the kids’ bedroom windows and the missus has always been a bit jealous of their garden, I knew we just *had* to buy it, otherwise every time we saw their garden we’d be thinking “if only we had bought it” if we didn’t.
I call it “an opportunity we couldn’t pass up”. Cool

Actually, the house we bought had never officially been put on sale. We were the first ones that were told they were going to sell, and that was enough to get it sold. Grin

Plus that also put us in the very odd position of being able to choose our own new neighbours (as in: the ones to buy our old house). They seem like very nice people, and they have a daughter whose age is right in between our kids’ ages, so that’s another bonus. Tongue

So yeah, the move is relatively simple. No moving vans or anything, just removing part of the garden fence between both houses. Grin
Most of the upstairs stuff has already been moved (that was the hard part, everything needed to be disassembled and reassembled). I’ve spent four evenings (and sometimes part of the night) cleaning and repainting the living room ceiling, but all the painting work has now been done, so what’s left is moving everything from the kitchen and living room. But with immediate access through both gardens, that’s just emptying everything, picking the furniture up, putting it where it needs to go and then filling the shelves again.
Perfect opportunity to get rid of all the excess stuff that got collected over the years, too. Tongue

Basically, moving is going as planned, and we’re going to Austria for a week so we can actually spend some time with the kids instead of having them watch us work all evenings. Smile

But, I’m sure I’m not the only one that would love your opinion & comments on the game, so hope you will catch up later.  Smile

That’s still very much the plan!

Anyway, pardon the off-topic rambling, and keep enjoying the game!

I might try the “normal” difficulty after all, which I assume is how the game was intended to be played (considering that’s how it automatically starts)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Ok, I finally played through the first Act and started the second one. What a ride! Love the atmosphere and all those cool camera movements. Beautiful cutscenes, although characters move a bit clumsy - I remember how this bothered me back then, because the guy who sold me the game advertised the models as “100% realistic” Laughing Doesn’t bother me today. The in-game models, on the other hand, might use an upgrade - too many pixels.

As planned, I’m playing on the Hard mode. It’s interesting to recall various parts of the game - the Zuben chase, for example. Although I tried to give him a chance this time - I dodged, ran straight after him, then put my gun away and tried to talk him out. But he just ran into my direction, so I shot him dead. I really like the gameplay - back in the day I was disappointed because of the lack of “real puzzles”, now I think it’s just perfect for an investigative game, gives it a very nice flow and adds realism. It was co-designed by James Walls of Police Quest series fame, and it shows at times. Also choosing your route may be tricky.

Tried to do everything available during the first day, so I tested the guy at the police basement for a replicant and did some shooting at the gallery. Beat Steele with 71 points. But very same day as I returned to the station, she got 74 points! I couldn’t stand it and managed to beat her with 75 points. Currently I’m at the Day 2 and I’m still the best Cool

Not experiencing any problems with money or ammo, although I wonder if I will at some point. And another thing that bothers me: when I upload all my clues to the police computer and other blade runners get access to them, does this mean they will have quicker access to suspects/locations? I wouldn’t like to see Steele and others interrogate my suspects and gather my evidences!

PC means personal computer

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Doom - 23 July 2019 11:28 PM

As planned, I’m playing on the Hard mode. It’s interesting to recall various parts of the game - the Zuben chase, for example. Although I tried to give him a chance this time - I dodged, ran straight after him, then put my gun away and tried to talk him out. But he just ran into my direction, so I shot him dead.

Haha if you put your gun away and talked to him in the warehouse, he would’ve just ran past you through the door behind you, you monster :p

And you’re better than me at the shooting gallery. I’m still stuck at 69. My last score was 66. I’ll maybe try again in act 3.

I don’t think you’ll have any money issues unless you drink too much at the bar. Just to be on the safe side I’m not wasting any money lol. Your upgraded ammo is limited in hard mode though, but then again there aren’t much to shoot at. I almost wasted all my bullets trying to kill Izo haha. He just ran away and was killed by Crystal. I don’t think you can kill him yourself.

As for your clues, I’ve always just uploaded mine to the mainframe and don’t think I’ve ever had any trouble with suspects/clues etc.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

Not experiencing any problems with money or ammo, although I wonder if I will at some point. And another thing that bothers me: when I upload all my clues to the police computer and other blade runners get access to them, does this mean they will have quicker access to suspects/locations? I wouldn’t like to see Steele and others interrogate my suspects and gather my evidences!

It would be interesting if that could happen, but I don’t think many players would appreciate it. Still there are some glimpses of such a mechanic (mostly in Act 1, at least for the vanilla game), but the heavy lifting and main story progression is left for the player.

In the “restored content” version there could be some more of that, but still never removing from the player the “priority” to investigate a scene/ interrogate a suspect first.

One thing to note about the mainframe is that the game manual states explicitly (and twice) that Dino (at the police lab) can only examine and report on clues and evidence that were uploaded in the mainframe. But that is not true for the actual game, as long as McCoy has gathered the clues. I’ll probably fix this for the restored content version, maybe for the Normal and Hard modes at least.

The characters who don’t have access to the mainframe can implicitly learn about “clues” and events from other characters or from being there to witness them themselves.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Btw from act 2 onwards there’s one item you can pick up that’s pretty much impossible to see. The only way to really know it’s there is if the mouse cursor happens to be over it. It’s invisible otherwise lol. By far the hardest item to find in the entire game. Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It was co-designed by James Walls of Police Quest series fame, and it shows at times. Also choosing your route may be tricky.

LOL, its th first time i see a playthrough where all player are experts at it.
this is real FUN!!

btw Jim Walls has planted the same ‘bug’ in bladerunner as PQII; remember if you took the flight without adjusting your weapon at the shooting range you wont be albe to take out the terrorists, same here it is in BladeRunner, if you ignored the shooting range completely there is a door at the next day (i guess) day3 you wont be able to shoot its lock.

Add: Oh!!, its so sad news today as Rutger Hauer dies Cry

?w=605&ssl=1

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fuck… I’m gonna join and finish this playthrough now, in honor of this great man!

p.s. for years I’ve been trying to find a movie starring Rutger Hauer but to no avail… I watched it long time ago on a TV, all I remember is that it’s a B production movie, in a kind of a futuresque, post-apocalyptic world, something similar to Mad Max 2 (the setting is very much like a typical 80s movie). Rutger Hauer is in leading role, he’s kinda on a journey through some deserted land, though I’m not sure about it, I hardly remember the plot and everything else.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 24 July 2019 02:04 PM

p.s. for years I’ve been trying to find a movie starring Rutger Hauer but to no avail… I watched it long time ago on a TV, all I remember is that it’s a B production movie, in a kind of a futuresque, post-apocalyptic world, something similar to Mad Max 2 (the setting is very much like a typical 80s movie). Rutger Hauer is in leading role, he’s kinda on a journey through some deserted land, though I’m not sure about it, I hardly remember the plot and everything else.

Omega Doom

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top