• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #54: Blade Runner

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

McCoy97 - 20 July 2019 05:32 AM

I dodged the soup as always, then stopped to chat with the homeless dude (didn’t give him money because I’m poor lol) and searched the dumpster but Zuben wasn’t in the abandoned building. I think there’s some sort of time limit.

Ah, yes, you’re right about that. There’s a limit.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yea, If Zuben ambushes McCoy on the roof then, yeah he’s there to kill McCoy and there’s no option to “spare” him any more. I shot him on the roof.

I recall when this game was released. It was simply amazing. Well worth the cost. If they ever figure out how to release it digitally, they will have a best seller on their hands.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

chrissie - 15 July 2019 07:13 AM
Karmillo - 15 July 2019 05:50 AM

Just ordered a copy off ebay, hopefully it arrives on time! Grin

If you haven’t got to the checkpoint by Wednesday the plan is to play the remainder of the 1st act (which is not that long) by Sunday so hopefully you will be able to catch-up. If not the time to complete the 1st act can be extended. 
Smile

Thanks, although it seems like the copy I got off ebay only just got shipped by 2nd class post today so I’ll probably just need to catch up later unless I get lucky

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Karmillo for posting - there’s only 4 of us (I include myself because I’ve only played it twice very quickly since last week to avoid the ‘leader with no permit’ penalty! : ) who have not played the game before. I think it would be interesting to see how new players view this much older game?

Unfortunately TimovieMan is going to be away for a couple of weeks - @ Tim, hope the move goes smoothly - I’ve moved enough times to know what a PITA that is & have a great holiday, especially well needed after moving!  Smile 
But, I’m sure I’m not the only one that would love your opinion & comments on the game, so hope you will catch up later.  Smile

Karmillo, just post when you’ve got the game, got it set-up etc & if you need more time later on.  Smile

I’ve played through a couple of times now - the 1st time I missed a lot of clues both in the environment & in the Esper machine but not enough to come to a dead end yet - there’s no game-over screen here as such but just take the hint that if you find yourself thrown back to your Load Screen that you’re dead! 
Laughing

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I missed a lot of details on my 1st playthrough at no detriment to progress it seemed.

I did end up having to kill Zuben on the rooftop but later tried to avoid the spilt soup & follow him. I did meet him & ‘retired’ him the 1st time & picked up his photo then reloaded to let him go. The reason I let him go was because the attack according to McCoy was a revenge killing so I thought it might have to do with Runciter harassing very inppropriately a particular young girl - if that’s the case I personally would have shot Runciter myself rather than kill his animals! Naughty 
I didn’t bother to VK the replicant sympathiser in the cells but I guess it was a good opportunity to try out the gadget.

I got minus 85 in the shooting gallery - oh well, I guess i didn’t get the hang of it!  Laughing

Advie - 19 July 2019 12:10 PM

..the talk about story driven adventures of ttg, 13 years after always made me sick, lol, i wonder why aint all site members joining in already Laughing

I personally don’t have a problem with TTG but I’m planning to post a recap of the story between acts but I might need some help there!
There’s an interesting story to be found but it’s all in the details & more appreciated on further playthroughs. 

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

chrissie - 20 July 2019 01:49 PM

I got minus 85 in the shooting gallery - oh well, I guess i didn’t get the hang of it!  Laughing

Haha serious? Damn Grin Didn’t know you can get a minus score. What did you do in there? lol

And yeah apart from dying there are no dead ends in the game. You can miss quite a few important clues etc but still complete the game.

I hate Runciter probably more than any other character. Luckily though, you can kill the bastard if you want later on, so happy days! Smile

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I will try to join on Sunday or during the next few days, really looking forward to playing BR! Don’t remember much about the actual gameplay, but reading the first page I can already say that I’m gonna play on the Hard mode with the User Choice option used for dialogues.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

McCoy97 - 20 July 2019 04:11 PM
chrissie - 20 July 2019 01:49 PM

Haha serious? Damn Grin Didn’t know you can get a minus score. What did you do in there? lol

Gasp I don’t know! I played on easy & just kept shooting the targets (obviously the wrong ones!)  Innocent

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it seems you have shot all women and children (first) chrissie. Laughing

Doom, jump in man, love it to see you here.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I did? But never mind it’s just an exercise…... Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i replayed day1 and i dont know how exactly, but i have been able to spare Zuben, i even got a call from a woman Lucy thanking me for letting her friend go.

first time ever i get this scenario.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 20 July 2019 06:35 PM

i replayed day1 and i dont know how exactly, but i have been able to spare Zuben, i even got a call from a woman Lucy thanking me for letting her friend go.

I got that call too!

Time to move on to Act 2

I will sometime during the next week post a recap of the story so far - sorry, I didn’t have time today.

The next few acts I thought were more challenging!

So next Sunday is the next stopping point. Please play until McCoy is in a predicament - trust me you’ll know!
After the cut scene it should mark the beginning of Act 3 Laughing

N.B. Glad you made it Doom Thumbs Up

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Made it to act 3. Currently tied to a chair where I, McCoy, will be sitting for the next week till Sunday :p

This was a pretty long section with lots of new stuff. Tried to beat Crystal’s new score, couldn’t do it. Too damn hard lol. Think I’ll have to be satisfied with second place and 69 :p

Also VK’d the second character. Only got a positive result on the second try.

Got my new improved ammo, but it’s limited so have to remember to use it only when absolutely necessary.

And then I also dealt with Izo. Just out of interest, what happened to Izo in your games? There are 3 possible outcomes with him I think. He can either be killed or get arrested by Crystal. Then if you’re quick enough you can also get in the way allowing him to escape IF you’re following that path.

In my game Izo was killed. This is one of those random things the game decides for you I think when you start a new game because Izo can either be human or replicant. It varies from playthrough to playthrough.

Also did you guys check out the scorpions? Interesting stuff….................. Smile

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

I’m currently running around doing stuff at Animoid Row Smile

There’s an interesting mechanic that comes into play mainly from this Act. It’s the friendliness mechanic and how it’s affected by dialogue choices and actions. Basically, if you want people to remain friendly towards McCoy and possibly be more helpful or responsive later on, you should avoid topics of conversation (in User Choice mode, where you can select your topics) that could be insulting or upsetting.

This Act has quite a few locations and characters from the movie to catch! Towards the end of the Act, at Sebastian’s apartment, did you shoot the weird doll in the chess room or did you spare her?

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

stroggoff - 22 July 2019 05:42 AM

Towards the end of the Act, at Sebastian’s apartment, did you shoot the weird doll in the chess room or did you spare her?

Had to reload a save to see what you’re talking about. In all my years of playing this game I never knew you could do that. Cool! Totally pointless though haha and even McCoy says that he just wasted another bullet, but still cool. I still see new things after all this time Smile

Btw who else likes to just stand on the balcony in McCoy’s apartment? Best piece of music right there!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top