• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Pendulo’s Yesterday Origins

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Dale - 25 November 2016 04:47 PM

Ads don’t influence reviews, Oscar. Never have, never will.

Would you rather we had ads that were irrelevant to the people using the website?

I’d rather have no ads at all. Would you trust a law court which had giant advertisements of your opponent draped across its walls to be impartial? No, me neither.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Oscar - 25 November 2016 04:55 PM
Dale - 25 November 2016 04:47 PM

Ads don’t influence reviews, Oscar. Never have, never will.

Would you rather we had ads that were irrelevant to the people using the website?

I’d rather have no ads at all. Would you trust a law court which had giant advertisements of your opponent draped across its walls to be impartial? No, me neither.

I think you need to find a way to deal with your trust issues.  We haven’t given Duke Grabowski a glowing 5 star review (yet Tongue) either.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Funny that you mention Duke Grabowski. I didn’t know it was advertised on the site, but at the time I found the review overly fawning and uncritical—for example, it didn’t mention the mediocre voice acting (subjective, I admit) or the fact that all of the music was taken from Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island.

It’s not that I don’t trust reviewers—I wouldn’t even trust myself to be impartial when reviewing something with links to either me or my employer.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Now, i like how the game used everything to the get best out of small locations, they must have thought it really hard* and well, as well.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

but NOW after playing and finishing it, i say stay away from this rubbish.
3 screens at a time, with many of these close-ups on items, still shots!  and as well giving the minimum locations exploration isn’t any good.

i know that Microids will use thw same technique at the new Syberia, i don’t care about Pendulo’s anymore, its history for me, but please don’t ruin Kate’s world.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

“The gameplay is very similar to the original in form and function” from the Review.

i am afraid this sentence is terribly phrased

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Opting for a more caper-ish vibe dilutes the darkness, and instead we get a vanilla version of the unapologetically disturbing Yesterday.

I wonder if the story writers and the game designers were on the same level here. The story sounds like a potentially tragic and dark tale, while Pendulo once again opts for their comic Disney approach.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

to be objective about my previous post:

the Gameplaying; is the mechanism of the game, so for a game like Yesterday1 the mechanism was a traditional old school with a tweak of the close-ups and the verbs (eye, hand) being applied thru these.

as for Yesterday2(origin), the game mechanism was far for being traditional or at least similar:

1 the close-ups becomes games inside the game kinda stand for their own (manipulations).

2-thoughts and infos were added to the inventory as a new mechanism to the game’s inventory.

3- the way inventory items applied with the surrounding and with each other was up to three and four (items) set together.

4-  the dialogue exhausting (puzzles) also a new mechanism added to the sequel… 

so hardly they could be described similar… all these stuff could set a difference between the two adventures.

thanks and no hard feelings.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

here lies great disadvantage when you post about a review inside the site forums, no one gives a nickel about it, no constructive replies or even a shut up! Crazy Sealed Lips

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I liked the game, personally. The closeups didn’t bother me much, maybe because I played it on a mobile device. I think we are going to increasingly see this style as touchpads and smaller devices become more common for gaming.

I agree that the tone was too light, too cartoony, for the subject matter. But that is Pendulo’s style. They are still trying to create a spiritual successor to Runaway. Why? I can’t say.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2003-10-18

PM

Anyone know if this game has been released on Android? According to all sites I’ve visited it was released in November 2016 for Android, but I cant find it on google store.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Just finished this game.  Mixed feelings.

A weird mix of dark and comedic, considering the cartoon graphics, but it worked for me.
A decent story which answered a lot of questions from the previous game, and I would eagerly play a further sequel.

The story is the strongest part of the game, with the puzzles being pretty mundane/easy but not awful.

The bug testing obviously went to shite for the last hour or so of the game.  I had to restart the program a couple of times.

Oh, and the Scottish (Irish?/Jamaican?) accents were horrific. Wink

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just got this game on IOS. For an iPad game, it is very good, plays well and has superb graphics. Haven’t finished yet, but I like it very much so far.

Ok, I have now finished it, I liked the ending very much, I also would play another game in the series. This game didn’t win much in the way of awards, but the review score of 3.5 seems about right.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top