• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

(PC) Point-and-click adventure games with choices & consequences system

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2019-04-26

PM

I know about Telltale Games, Life Is Strange Series, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday & Dreamfall Chapters.
Are there any other games like these for PC?

Note:
and please do not suggest 8-bit/pixel games, cuz i’m not interested.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

King’s Quest (2015) has narrative choice. The amount of branching varies significantly from episode to episode but there’s still somewhat significant differences.

The Uncertain is an adventure game about robots with narrative choice. It’s an unfinished episodic series that the devs still claim to be working on.

The Quantic Dream games are coming out on PC within the near future. Heavy Rain just came out today on the Epic Game Store. Detroit and Beyond: Two Souls have also been announced but the dates are TBD.

Ken Follet’s The Pillars of Earth has narrative choice. I haven’t played it for myself so I cant speak to the quality but it’s worth looking into.

Other than that there’s some upcoming games like Twin Mirror by Dontnod and Blacksad: Under The Skin by Pendulo.

Also here are some good pixelart indie games w/ narrative choice even though the OP isn’t interested:

Red Strings Club, one of the best adventures w/ branching narrative I’ve ever played. The Unavowed, pretty much everyone knows about it and the hype is well deserved. The Lion’s Song, havent played it yet but it looks cool.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Blade Runner! Smile

The game has quite a few different endings and consequences based on your actions and the decisions you make throughout the game.

Unlike other games though those choices aren’t exactly very obvious and sometimes you only have seconds to react or make a decision. Some characters can also die based on your actions but you can also save some of them.

Basically the game gives you a choice whose side you want to be on. As a Blade Runner unit you can either do your job, side with those you are supposed to hunt down or be somewhere in between. However, the major consequences of your actions/choices will only really become clear in the final act of the game and how you played the game will then also determine which ending you get. So don’t expect Telltale, Life is Strange or Mass Effect style choices here.

I’ve only played Pillars of the Earth once so far but I feel like it might be similar to Telltale games where the choices you make doesn’t REALLLLY matter that much. The story stays the same.

I’ve also played State of Mind. Great game but it’s from the same studio as Pillars of the Earth and uses the exact same choice system. It’s basically an exact copy almost of the system used in Dreamfall Chapters.

I actually like Blade Runner’s system the most tbh. Your actions do actually matter but because it doesn’t have as many “in your face” choices such as in Telltale games, it doesn’t create that illusion that your choices are important when it’s not. No matter what choices you make in Telltale games for example, the outcome will pretty much ALWAYS be the same. Not so with Blade Runner.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - how you handle situations/people has a lasting effect in the game with widely varying endings as a result.

Whispers of a Machine - how you handle situations/people in the first half of the game pushes you towards one of three psych profiles. These grant you different augmentations in the following days, which lead to different ways to solve puzzles.
This is an AGS game, though, so OP might not like it.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Heaven’s Vault has a ton of choices (consequences are somewhat limited though).

Overall I find p&c often not too interesting. They tend to give you a binary “pick End A or B” at the end, but it’s rare you truly get different routes with different narrative strings depending on your actions. 

Obviously a question of scope and budget and so on, so ...

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

My current Point & Click in development should definitely interest you :p I have a very nice mix of choices based on player actions and some “visible” choices. There are real consequences (characters can die, 11 endings) and a flowchart to summarize your “path” when finishing the game, so you can replay and take different routes. And these are just some of the many, many features… I’ve even implemented online stats!

It’s hand drawn and high res, definitely not 8 bit.

Been working on it for 3 years now and I hope to announce it officially very soon. I’m surprised there aren’t more P&C games with choices! But it’s indeed a ton of work.

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top