• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Blade Runner (7) - Chrissie (leader), Mike Kelly, Advie, TimovieMan, Karmillo, Pegbiter, McCoy97

Observation (4) - Donuts McGee, Karlok, TimovieMan, Pegbiter

Hypnospace Outlaw (3) - Donuts McGee, Karlok, TimovieMan
Memoria (3) - Advie, Diego, Pegbiter
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Karmillo, TimovieMan

Keepsake (2) - Diego (leader), TimovieMan
Lorelai (2) - Chrissie (leader), TimovieMan

The Last Window (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Secret Files: Sam Peters (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Unavowed (1) - Mikekelly

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

My vote would be for Unavowed, since I’ve bought it months ago and have yet to find an opportunity to play through it.

However, I’ll try to participate in a Blade Runner community playthrough, even though I’m kind of burned out playtesting the game Meh

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I will also try to join the Blade Runner playthrough if I have time, and I also add a vote for Observation which seems like an interesting game.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Blade Runner (9) - Chrissie (leader), Mike Kelly, Advie, TimovieMan, Karmillo, Pegbiter, McCoy97, Stroggoff, Doom

Observation (5) - Donuts McGee, Karlok, TimovieMan, Pegbiter, Doom

Unavowed (2) - Mikekelly, Stroggoff

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have a suggestion for future AGCPT vote tallies. Lady K has done a wonderful job, but I think something is amiss in the tallies. That is nominated games without leaders often lead the voting over games that have leaders. And they are only rescued at the last moment by someone stepping up, usually by someone saying “X game is in the lead with only four days until the vote closes. It needs a leader if it’s going to win.” In the current vote it is Chrissie that stepped up to lead the leaderless game after the equivalent comment was made.

I’m sure there was no bias intended. But everyone knows the rules. A game without a leader cannot win the PT. It’s not the moderator’s job to point this out. Only to tally the votes, and make sure all the other “rules” are adhered to. The voting ends on Sunday. Without that prompt, a well-qualified, “second-place” game with a leader might have won by default.

I’m thinking the votes should be displayed in two tiers.

The top tier has the games that have leaders ranked by the number of votes each game has.

The second tier is the list of games that have no current leader. Again, ranked by the number of votes each game received.

I’m sure many will disagree. I’m ready for that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think you’re over-complicating things, RT, since the games with leaders are clearly marked.  I have no problem with someone stepping up near the end of voting to lead if a game is leaderless.  A person could be thinking about leading but is waiting to see if someone else volunteers first, or maybe he/she has to check to make sure other obligations don’t conflict with the gameplay schedule.  Also, I seriously doubt that my brief mention of the leaderless games twisted Chrissie’s arm to volunteer.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 12 July 2019 09:45 PM

.......nominated games without leaders often lead the voting over games that have leaders. And they are only rescued at the last moment by someone stepping up, usually by someone saying “X game is in the lead with only four days until the vote closes. It needs a leader if it’s going to win.” In the current vote it is Chrissie that stepped up to lead the leaderless game after the equivalent comment was made.

I’m sure there was no bias intended. But everyone knows the rules. A game without a leader cannot win the PT. It’s not the moderator’s job to point this out. Only to tally the votes, and make sure all the other “rules” are adhered to. The voting ends on Sunday. Without that prompt, a well-qualified, “second-place” game with a leader might have won by default.

Yes Tim, I’m familiar with the rules & don’t recall any restrictions on as & when someone could put themselves forward as a leader & as for prompting I think it was Sefir? who had a logo to encourage ‘recruitment’ of playthrough leaders. I will just say that I didn’t need to be prompted anyway but was hoping someone with a little more expertise might have stepped-up before I did.

I’m sure you’ve just overlooked it but Lady Kestrel has very kindly taken on the sometimes difficult task of hosting the voting on the Tfancp thread recently in the capacity of being a member of the forum, not as a moderator, & therefore entitled to mention the need for playthrough leaders if necessary. How can there be a bias? 

The voting closes tomorrow, all may change but if not I’d like to point out that if I hadn’t offered to lead BR & no-one else steps-up to lead the other games then BR with 9 votes would have lost to Tormentum.. that has 3!

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2019-05-22

PM

I’d personally rather play a newer game, but as I’ve mentioned before, Blade Runner was in many ways inspirational when designing WOAM, and it would be cool to see it compared with our game.

So I’ll just refrain from voting and go with whatever happens Smile

Also, regarding this whole playthrough “leader” business…it seems to me this position is mainly about saying when to start playing, and when to, subsequently, stop playing, so it seems odd that a game should be disqualified just because it lacked a designated leader.

I’m just a newcomer and don’t want to step out of line, and maybe there’s many more responsibilities involved that I’m not aware of, but surely even a person competely unfamiliar with a game can theoretically administer a communal playthrough of it?

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I know almost everything there is to know about Blade Runner haha but I wouldn’t have a clue how to lead a playthrough here. I’m still too new to this and I think this game can be pretty tricky to lead.

Only new game I would want to play at this stage is Heavy Rain on pc. Still haven’t played it. I actually completely forgot about the game.

So I’ll cast another vote for Heavy Rain lol :p

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

FaravidInteractive - 13 July 2019 01:21 PM

I’d personally rather play a newer game, but as I’ve mentioned before, Blade Runner was in many ways inspirational when designing WOAM, and it would be cool to see it compared with our game.

So I’ll just refrain from voting and go with whatever happens Smile

Also, regarding this whole playthrough “leader” business…it seems to me this position is mainly about saying when to start playing, and when to, subsequently, stop playing, so it seems odd that a game should be disqualified just because it lacked a designated leader.

I’m just a newcomer and don’t want to step out of line, and maybe there’s many more responsibilities involved that I’m not aware of, but surely even a person competely unfamiliar with a game can theoretically administer a communal playthrough of it?

I think the biggest issue is with games that arn’t neatly split into acts, days or chapters, there needs to be someone who knows the game enough to know how to split it up and be able to tell people where they should be playing to without spoiling anything.

I’m glad Blade Runner isn’t getting disqualified, it feels like it’s been getting nominated regularly ever since these playthroughs started.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karmillo - 13 July 2019 05:52 PM

I think the biggest issue is with games that arn’t neatly split into acts, days or chapters, there needs to be someone who knows the game enough to know how to split it up and be able to tell people where they should be playing to without spoiling anything.

Yeah, most of the decisions at BladeRunner, rely on how empathetic you are with the androids, and that is never black and white, there is a wide range that at least has 13 notches to it. but i guess we can all help (and have fun) at the CPT by sharing our ideas.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Blade Runner (9) - Chrissie (leader), Mike Kelly, Advie, TimovieMan, Karmillo, Pegbiter, McCoy97, Stroggoff, Doom

Heavy Rain (1) - McCoy97

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Karmillo - 13 July 2019 05:52 PM

I’m glad Blade Runner isn’t getting disqualified, it feels like it’s been getting nominated regularly ever since these playthroughs started.

No. Certainly not regularly.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I would like to propose along with rtrooney’s idea that the rules be changed so that newer and less well known games are not unfairly disadvantaged. Because obviously if you see a game on the list you haven’t heard of, you are less likely to vote for it. This would be to ensure the prosperity of adventure gaming and the forum. So what I suggest is that games which are ordered according to popularity.  For example, (to take a totally randomly chosen example),  “Blade Runner” in a forum search might come up 937 times while, say, “Observation” (again, totally random choice I made here) might come up 6 times.

So we could say on that basis that Blade Runner is very popular and Observation, well… not.

Then we can fairly deduce that Blade Runner should be presented at the very bottom of the list and in Very small font while Observation should be at the top and in Very Large Font and maybe bright colors so it is better seen.

So then this much fairer list might look something like this:

[size=1]

Heavy Rain (1) - McCoy97

I’m sure we would all agree this is a much fairer approach and that the prosperity and future success of adventure gaming is much more important than our own petty personal preferences.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 13 July 2019 10:14 AM

The voting closes tomorrow, all may change but if not I’d like to point out that if I hadn’t offered to lead BR & no-one else steps-up to lead the other games then BR with 9 votes would have lost to Tormentum.. that has 3!

And, that is as it should be. FWIW, I made my comments as an outside observer. This is the first time in a long time that I have neither nominated a game. Offered to lead a game. Nor voted for a game. So I have no bias at all as to which game should win.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top