• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I vote for
Blade Runner
Observation
Memoria

I assume “The Last Window” refers to Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. Or is it The Last Door?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Blade Runner (6) - Mike Kelly, Advie, TimovieMan, Chrissie, Karmillo, Pegbiter

Observation (4) - Donuts McGee, Karlok, TimovieMan, Pegbiter

Hypnospace Outlaw (3) - Donuts McGee, Karlok, TimovieMan
Memoria (3) - Advie, Diego, Pegbiter
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Karmillo, TimovieMan

Keepsake (2) - Diego (leader), TimovieMan
Lorelai (2) - Chrissie (leader), TimovieMan

The Last Window (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Secret Files: Sam Peters (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Unavowed (1) - Mikekelly

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just want to remind everyone that although Blade Runner is the leader so far and Observation is two behind that, neither of those games has a leader.  Hopefully someone will step up to lead the game you want to play.  (It could even be you.) Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I would also like to remind everyone that Blade Runner has been in multiple prior elections in the past, failing to win any. Think about that for a second. It has a proven history of failure. Does anyone really want this total failure of a candidate to be representative of our forum, our genre? I believe and I put it to you, good sirs and madams, that it is unfit to serve our CPT. Let us all do our part to make Adventure Gaming great again and vote for a young, fresh-faced candidate with new and exciting ideas, and not this old and frail game which isn’t even an original story! It is a rip off of a movie which is a rip off of a novel. Stolen ideas do not make for great playthroughs. Remember that, fellow netizens, and vote for Observation.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Blasphemy!!! Blade Runner is one of the best games ever made mmkay. An original story that takes place at the same time as the movie. Also stars some of the actors from the movie as well as other famous ones including Jeff Garlin, Lisa Edelstein and that chick from NCIS. Also the perfect opportunity to see how it works with Scumm. Vote Blade Runner Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Voting be damned, we need LEADERS!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Donuts McGee - 09 July 2019 12:21 AM

.....  Let us all do our part to make Adventure Gaming great again and vote for a young, fresh-faced candidate with new and exciting ideas, and not this old and frail game…......  vote for Observation.

I’d love to but my old, very grumpy but hey! not so frail graphics card has started to stop entertaining young fresh-faced candidates (jealousy?)..... like Observation.

TimovieMan - 09 July 2019 04:41 AM

Voting be damned, we need LEADERS!!!

Ok, I’m going to do one of the amongst stupid things I’ve done in my life & offer to lead Blade Runner. There - I’ve done it now!  Gasp Can’t have a game not winning because of no leader! 

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

chrissie - 09 July 2019 08:23 AM

Ok, I’m going to do one of the amongst stupid things I’ve done in my life & offer to lead Blade Runner. There - I’ve done it now!  Gasp Can’t have a game not winning because of no leader!

Excellent initiative!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 09 July 2019 08:23 AM

F.ck, just when Keepsake was going to win because of the lack of other leaders.  Angry  Sarcastic

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 09 July 2019 09:04 AM

F.ck, just when Keepsake was going to win because of the lack of other leaders.  Angry  Sarcastic

Oops, sorry Nerd - do I really mean that - nah!  Laughing
Keepsakes’s lovely but I want to play Blade Runner.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Don’t forget that this Sunday is the deadline for voting.  With Chrissie stepping in as leader, Blade Runner is currently in first place. 

Blade Runner (6) - Chrissie (leader), Mike Kelly, Advie, TimovieMan, Karmillo, Pegbiter

Observation (4) - Donuts McGee, Karlok, TimovieMan, Pegbiter

Hypnospace Outlaw (3) - Donuts McGee, Karlok, TimovieMan
Memoria (3) - Advie, Diego, Pegbiter
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Karmillo, TimovieMan

Keepsake (2) - Diego (leader), TimovieMan
Lorelai (2) - Chrissie (leader), TimovieMan

The Last Window (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Secret Files: Sam Peters (1) - Mikekelly (leader)
Unavowed (1) - Mikekelly

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I would ‘ve came forward myself, but Bladerunner is really hard to leads with its different choices and consequences, but Chrissie is a savior!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 09 July 2019 12:58 PM

......Bladerunner is really hard to leads with its different choices and consequences….......

Apparently you’d need to play the game 2,500 times to experience all of the variations & as the behaviour of the NPCs is randomised at the beginning of as well as throughout each playthough it would be impossible for each of us to start with the same set of circumstances in any case.
Rather than seeing this as a problem I’m envisaging this as an interesting opportunity to compare the different paths each of us will follow.

The only thing I’m worried about is not being able to cope with the action sequences - are they difficult? 

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

There are only a few action sequences but they’re not difficult at all. You just have to be quick. Stuff like quickly shooting a rat or clicking edge of screen as quickly as possible to run away etc.

I still get killed sometimes though for not being quick enough and I’ve played the game many times since its release.

You can practice your speed/shooting skills at the police HQ shooting range though as many times as you like. It’s what it’s there for

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Think I’ll join the playthrough if it wins even though I’m super busy, so Blade Runner has my vote lol

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top