• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 13 November 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today is World Kindness Day, so let’s all spare a thought for the people (such as Stan, stuck in a coffin for who knows how long between Monkey Island 2 and Curse of Monkey Island) we did horrible things to just to get some item!

(Stan coming out of that coffin in CoMI, which I had not seen coming at all, was one of the biggest laughs in my 25 years of gaming.)

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

In Greece, Tuesday 13 is considered a day of bad luck, much like Friday 13 in the rest of the world. It certainly is a day of bad luck for Stan….

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

MI2 <3

I’ve loved all of Stans appearances in the series - of the games I’ve played anyway.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Pink Floyd and Monkey Island… doesn’t get any better than this. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I can’t wait to play the rest of this amazing series. Heart I fell in love Heart Eyes with Monkey Island and Guybrush the first minute I started the game.

But the thing is, I only play island games during the summer. I wonder if I should make an exception for Monkey Island series, before the so called “Apocalypse” comes Crazy.

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The only reason the apocalypse is coming is because you haven’t finished this series… Wink

Anyhoo, Stan’s fate is a prime example of how evil Guybrush Threepwood actually is… Tongue
Lucky for Stan that it’s a cartoon world… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ah the lovably and annoying Stan.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Confession time: I’ve never played MI2. I have the special edition on the PS3, I should get down to it when I get time. I take it that it’s not as good as the first one since I liked that much more than all the other games in the series.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

thejobloshow - 13 November 2012 08:25 PM

Confession time: I’ve never played MI2. I have the special edition on the PS3, I should get down to it when I get time. I take it that it’s not as good as the first one since I liked that much more than all the other games in the series.

I’m just starting to work my way through the special edition myself.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

thejobloshow - 13 November 2012 08:25 PM

Some people think it’s not as good, others think it’s better. I think the best way to put it is: whether it’s not as good as MI1 or better, it’s only by the tiniest of margins. Both are fantastic adventure games.

It would be hard to imagine, for example, someone loving MI1 and hating MI2, or hating MI1 and loving MI2.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top