• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Almost Epic Adventures™ : The Goblin’s Week | Wild Mage Games

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-12-29

PM

Hello dear Adventurers,

I am an independent game developer, fan of adventure games. I founded Wild Mage Games two years ago to develop adventure games for PC. Since then, I have been working alone on a first person adventure-exploration game that I would like to introduce here.

The game is still in development, and should be released at the end of 2017.

I will be pleased to have your feedbacks . :-)

Overview

Almost Epic Adventures : The Goblin’s Week is a first person adventure-exploration game where you play a goblin working for an evil dungeon master within a satirical fantasy world.

The game mechanics are inspired from Amnesia - The Dark Descent, Thief and Deus Ex.

Video

VIDEO TRAILER : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCd-PmNQ6y0

Story

You are a goblin who has just been hired for a week as a minion in a dungeon, for a salary of a thousand gold coins. You will have to perform various missions for the Master, without dying, and especially without sneaking into the forbidden rooms ...

Features

- Play a Goblin working for an evil mage in an epic* adventure like you never lived before, and discover the joys of dungeon maintenance.  (*almost)
- Discover an original satirical dark fantasy world filled with humorous dialogues, characters, and objects.
- Explore a dangerous dungeon full of hidden paths, secret rooms, and mysteries.
- Investigate what is happening in the dungeon. Sneak in forbidden places, avoid deadly traps, read confidential journals, and discover terrible secrets.
- The simulation-based mechanics and the complex and open level design offers multiple paths and solutions.

Images

More Informations

The game is made for PC (Linux, Windows)

For more informations, I invite you to look at the presentation page, which is much more detailed :
https://www.wildmagegames.com/goblin/

Follow me

If you are interested in this project, I strongly encourage you to subscribe to the Newsletter, and/or to follow me on Diaspora *, Facebook, or Twitter.
Wild Mage Games
https://framasphere.org/u/wildmagegames
Wild Mage Games on Twitter
Wild Mage Games on Facebook

Joined 2016-12-29

PM

New video
The first video suffered from poor framerate and image quality.
I updated a new video of a much better quality:

Greenlight
The game is now on Steam Greenlight.
You can support me by voting for it here:

Joined 2016-12-29

PM

Good news, everyone! Almost Epic Adventures: The Goblin’s Week has been Greenlit!
I really want to thanks everybody who supported my project on Steam Smile

I will keep you informed.

Joined 2016-12-29

PM

Hello everyone,

Sorry to have taken so much time since the last post, but I wanted to tell you that yes, the project is still alive, it is even going well. I begin to see the end of the development, even if it is still far away and that there are still many dangers to come.

Dev progress

Here is a quick review of the current game state.
- I have almost finished to code all game features.
- The art style has been improved in a large part of the dungeon.
- The game has been optimized a lot, even if I want to do more.
- I improved the level design, even if there is still a lot to do.
- Regarding the game content, I have split the game in four parts to focus on finalizing them one by one. The fist quarter is almost finished, and it will be the occasion to shoot more images and videos.

Here are some images on the game progress. You are more than welcome to tell me what you think of it.

Demo in a few months

Also, I will try to make a short demo from it in the upcoming months, so you can all see by yourselves if the game is really worth it.

Help me spread the word

My biggest concern is be to get out of the complete anonymity. So, if you like what you see and want to help me, do not hesitate to share.

Stay up to date

I post regular updates, devlogs, and other content on the blog, but also on several social platforms. The best way to follow the project is to subscribe to one of those:

Website-Newsletter
Diaspora*
Twitter
Facebook

——

Joined 2016-12-29

PM

Hello,

Here are some news about my game The Goblin’s Week.

The game is still in development, but at a slow speed.
Indeed, because I had difficulties finishing it and was almost out of time, I had to take a decision. So I decided to cut the remaining work but working on a smaller and doable game.
Since December 2018 I am working on a trapped dungeon exploration game. The goblin’s game remain untouched and will be released later, when its done.
Thanks to that decision I can focus on the dungeon and trap gameplay, this will help me release the Goblin’s Week as I want it to be.

Everything is detailed on my January devlog https://www.wildmagegames.com/blog/2019/02/02/devlog-january-2019/

In the new game, you play an adventurer exploring trapped dungeons to get the treasures.
The game focus tricky and deadly traps, physically based traps and interactions.
You will find more info on the game on the last blog entries https://www.wildmagegames.com/blog/

I will tell you more about it when its time.

Thanks again for your support, and I hope you will like my new project Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top