• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure games featuring famous artwork?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-07-27

PM

What adventure games, in the broad sense, can you think of that feature famous (classic) artwork? Being an obvious fan of adventure games as well as a sucker for art, I’d love to see these two worlds combined.

Today I came across Layers of Fear. The following link provides an incomplete list of paintings used in the game: https://layersoffear.fandom.com/wiki/The_Paintings
The game itself appears to be mediocre though according to reviews. Anyone who can speak from experience?

And what other games come to mind?

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Scratches has some famous paintings in the mansion.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Check this.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

You’re going to love Four Last Things.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Afterburn - 07 June 2019 05:10 PM

Today I came across Layers of Fear. The following link provides an incomplete list of paintings used in the game: https://layersoffear.fandom.com/wiki/The_Paintings
The game itself appears to be mediocre though according to reviews. Anyone who can speak from experience?

i wouldnt recommend at all, I played half an hour of it and then uninstall, delete!. for example; interacting with the environment is terrible, no indication for which’s a hotspot or not, you need to walk close to it and try to interact, and let us not talk about the graphics and animation as there nothing good there to remember.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

The Carol Reed game Bosch’s Damnation. It is not one of the better Carol Reed games but I still enjoyed it.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Last Express - Beethoven Freeze by Klimt, The Red Gaze by Arnold Schonberg, Sin by Franz Stuck.
Zork Nemesis - The Toilet of Venus by Velasquez
Temujin: A Supernatural Adventure - takes place in a fictional museum with lots of real-life paintings.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

There is an early case in Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis in the National Gallery which features real paintings, too many to mention. All are pre-Victorian, obviously.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Four Last Things is indeed a great game, as it is made by using high-resolution scans of the renaissance era paintings. The creator of it is also doing another game in the same style at the moment, The Procession to Calvary.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

We are tranlating Four Last Thing into Spanish. Gorgeous.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s an oldie, but Monet: Mystery of the Orangery uses scenes from Monet’s paintings.
https://adventuregamers.com/screenshots/view/24205

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

There’s a lot of great classic art in Gabriel Knight 3 which somehow compensates for some letdowns brought by early blocky 3D.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-07-27

PM

Wow, some excellent suggestions, thanks everyone! Exactly what I was looking for. Will definitely purchase Four Last Things and look into the others Wink

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Culpa Innata has a bunch of art here and there. I’m mostly mentioning it since it often felt kinda out of place (and the heroine has a real weird taste).

Grey Matter has a bunch of art spread around, but I couldn’t say (or remember) whether it was anything famous or whether it was all original. Same for Still Life (given the name it had to be mentioned, right?). Kathy Rain also has some important art, but I think that’s “original”.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top