• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

I’m not sure what to play next. I’m torn between Hypnospace Outlaw, which looks like a lot of fun and reminds me of the part in Space Quest VI where Wilco has to access some files on the computer, and there was also a similar scene in Paradigm which I though was great fun. The other option is Myha which I know will be a safe option for an enjoyable Myst-like puzzler, which I usually love.

Both are around the same price point and I’m sure I would enjoy both so maybe I should just toss a coin.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

cyfoyjvx - 04 June 2019 08:59 PM

I’m not sure what to play next. I’m torn between Hypnospace Outlaw, which looks like a lot of fun and reminds me of the part in Space Quest VI where Wilco has to access some files on the computer, and there was also a similar scene in Paradigm which I though was great fun. The other option is Myha which I know will be a safe option for an enjoyable Myst-like puzzler, which I usually love.

Both are around the same price point and I’m sure I would enjoy both so maybe I should just toss a coin.

Both are great, but I would go for Hypnospace Outlaw because of how unique it is. Or if you are looking for something similar to Myha have you looked at Eastshade? It’s amazing, game of the year material in my opinion…

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

I’m currently playing Culpa Innata. It’s kinda fun but also not exactly without flaws. Well, it was cheap in the Steam sale and you certainly can’t say it’s not something different ...
But barely any puzzles and a lot of other issues. Oh well. I’m still interested where it will all lead.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Playing God of War and broken sword 5 again I still really like the first chapter of broken sword 5

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

Hypnospace Enforcer. It’s been quite the nostalgia trip so far, especially being a big user of late 90s internet and Windows OS, with all the frustrations and quirks that entails. What I also love about it is that it doesn’t tell a story AT you. The story is there but it’s up to you to discover it and to move it forward. Puzzles are lightly implemented to show you which direction to go, but you’re in full control and most of the time it doesn’t feel like a game at all.

I’m only a few hours in but it’s shaping up to be one of the best of the year.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hypnospace Enforcer Outlaw (oops!) is high on my list to play, but Sam Barlow’s Telling Lies will be available this Friday. Smile And I’m currently playing Smile for Me. Fascinating, for once I agree one hundred percent with the AG review. Normally I hate those boring fetch quest, but I’m prepared to do anything to make people in this game smile. Highly recommended.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Duly noted. Smile

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Smile for Me was lots of fun. Sometimes you need lighthearted silliness, and this game delivered.

Hypnospace Outlaw is also very cool, with the only downside that it reminded me of how annoying using the internet was in the 90’s. So many things I’d forgotten about made me grateful for how user-friendly internet is today in comparison.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Hypnospace Outlaw is the funniest game I’ve played in quite some time. If you were around in the days of Geocities and Angelfire and their respective communities, you’ll enjoy the nostalgia.

My favorite pages were the various musical acts with their followers and rumor mill surrounding them. Zobraks, you would enjoy the exciting new game of Trennis (not to be confused with the inferior and outdated “tennis”):

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

I’ve started Whispers of a Machine yesterday.
I’m only two hours or something in, but so far I’m loving it, which is a relief because all the other games I’ve played since Obra Dinn haven’t measured up.
I’ve missed this feeling of “I can’t wait to play it again”. Smile

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I’ve just started playing the game adaptation of the Strugatsky brothers novel Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel (Inn). The game recieved a one star review here at AG and already about half an hour into it I can understand why. I will probably not finish this one, but had to see what it is like after finishing reading the brilliant novel.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’m struggling with Outer Wilds at the moment. It is gorgeous and quite enthralling. I’ve never been talented at piloting engines of any kind, whether in games or in real life, so you can imagine how hard a game based on travelling through space to land (or, in my case, crash) on more-or-less hostile planets must be for me Grin also, physics is not my thing, so moving around in a fuel-propelled jetpack under various amounts of gravity is a very puzzling obstacle to the puzzles themselves.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

I’m currently playing Her Story.

Currently trying to get all the videos, although I’m not really sure what I’m supposed to do if/when I do get them all. Grin
It’s really cool, and clearly a very interesting format for an AG. Can’t say I’m quite in love with it, though, I guess it’s a bit too focused on a single gameplay mechanic and a single protagonist (well, a single protagonist point of view in any case) for my taste.
Still, it did keep me awake till 3 AM last night.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just started replaying Culpa Innata. I finally got around to reading B.Barmanbeks’s book with the same title hoping that it was going to elaborate on content planned for the game sequel Chaos Rising. Unfortunately, as the sequel to the game never happened, & after reading the book I now know that the continuation of the story was to be in a further book also called Chaos Rising which never materialised either - so disappointing.  Cry

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Yes, the non-ending was a great disappointment. Otherwise I loved Culpa Innata - despite some broken aspects such as the appraisal system it built its (brave new) world impressively , worked well as a detective story and felt fresh.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top