• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is just a reminder that voting will end tomorrow night at midnight Greenwich Mean Time.

Whispers of a Machine (7) - Mike Kelly (leader), Jdawg445, Pegbiter, Kabouter, Detective Mosley, Badlemon, Timovieman

Blade Runner (6) - Jdawg445, Pegbiter, Luhr28, Chrissie, Doom, TimovieMan

Lighthouse (3) - RTRooney (leader), Doom, Diego
Still Life (3) - RTRooney, Kabouter, TimovieMan

Coloratura (2) - Luhr28, Pegbiter
Unavowed (2) - Mike Kelly (leader), Detective Mosley
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan

Still Life 2 (1) - RTRooney

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 22 May 2019 09:22 AM

I’ve never played Blade runner before, it’s an old game, but could the different experiences be interesting or make it too difficult to have a coherent playthrough? Smile

I’ve never played it before either. To add to the problem, I can’t find it for sale on either GOG or Steam. I did find it “wishlisted” on Steam. There are nine copies currently for sale on Amazon at over $35 US. I’m not going to pay that for a game I’m not sure will run on my new Win10 64-bit PC.

So, It would appear than you must already own a copy of the game, and also know how to modify the game and/or your PC to run the game. If not, there would not appear to be a game to play. At least not for me. Plus, as you say, there is no leader, which may make the point moot.

To Lady K: If a leader is found for the unplayable playthrough; and that results in a tie, I cast a vote for Whispers of a Machine.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Re Blade Runner

rtrooney - 25 May 2019 07:03 PM

I’ve never played it before either. To add to the problem, I can’t find it for sale on either GOG or Steam. I did find it “wishlisted” on Steam. There are nine copies currently for sale on Amazon at over $35 US. I’m not going to pay that for a game I’m not sure will run on my new Win10 64-bit PC.

A seller on US Ebay is including a 1-click installer disc for Win 7 & 10 along with the original copy of the game. With shipping it’s pricey but I’ve treated myself to a few older games from this seller just for the inclusion of the extra installation disc.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If this were a “Bucket List” game that might appeal to me. But it’s not, so if it happens to win, I’ll pass. Might try another casual flash playthrough. Won’t do that if Whispers wins.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I won’t be able to do a playthrough this time because I’m way too busy, but guess which game would have my vote lol..

Would be interesting to see how a Blade Runner playthrough works with its branching storyline and multiple endings. I mean the game has something like 13 endings. Also you have to choose McCoy’s interrogation style which will influence the story (I’ve always played the game with user’s choice).

One of my all time favourite games and it’s the game that got me into adventure gaming. How is it possible that there are still people here who haven’t played it yet? :p

Looks like Whispers will win though

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Blade Runner was also among my first adventure games. And I played it before watching the movie, so it was an… unusual experience. Maybe that’s why I have very clear memories of many gaming moments despite I haven’t replayed it during the past 20+ years. Atmospheric, innovative, confusing - all at the same time. Would’ve been interesting to play through it under the guidance of someone who knows all the paths and secrets.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

It probably doesn’t matter at this point, but I’ll vote for

Tormentum
Still Life
Lighthouse

and if it can find a leader, I’ll vote for Blade Runner.

Has anyone tried the Blade Runner installer for 64-bit Windows linked to at pcgamingwiki?
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Blade_Runner
This installer includes both the official patch and the CPU patch.
I assume it’s a legal installer because it requires the game CD’s to install the game.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Doom - 26 May 2019 12:13 PM

I haven’t replayed it during the past 20+ years.

I play it at least once every 2-3 years :p I think I’ve seen every ending and pretty much everything else. Still have absolutely no clue exactly how the VK works though haha but I know by now to save my game before each test.

crabapple - 26 May 2019 02:24 PM

Has anyone tried the Blade Runner installer for 64-bit Windows linked to at pcgamingwiki?
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Blade_Runner
This installer includes both the official patch and the CPU patch.
I assume it’s a legal installer because it requires the game CD’s to install the game.

I have and it works perfectly. For me at least. Only issue I’ve ever had with the game was that the targets wouldn’t appear at the targeting range but that patch fixed it. The game runs perfectly and I’ve had no difficulty getting the game to run. I still use Win7 though so no idea about win8/10

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Whispers of a Machine (7) - Mike Kelly (leader), Jdawg445, Pegbiter, Kabouter, Detective Mosley, Badlemon, Timovieman

Blade Runner (6) - Jdawg445, Pegbiter, Luhr28, Chrissie, Doom, TimovieMan

Lighthouse (4) - RTRooney (leader), Doom, Diego, Crabapple
Still Life (4) - RTRooney, Kabouter, TimovieMan, Crabapple

Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan, Crabapple

Coloratura (2) - Luhr28, Pegbiter
Unavowed (2) - Mike Kelly (leader), Detective Mosley

Still Life 2 (1) - RTRooney

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Whispers of a Machine has won this round of voting and will be our next community playthrough.  Take it away, Mikekelly!  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

BladeRunner! it is an adventure that is welcome anytime.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Bladerunner would have been a blast to play. Maybe next time. It is one of the best of all time.

Also, whatever the disks cost, they are worth it. I have a set.

Heart

I have a complete mint condition copy of the game with full color hint book.

How much is that worth…....

Crazy

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Thanks for voting for WoaM, everyone! Excited to hear what you all think of the game Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

“Thanks for voting for WoaM, everyone! Excited to hear what you all think of the game.”

Thanks for participating in the CPT, my favorite CPTs are the ones the designer participates in.

I am looking forward to reading your posts in the CPT.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I vote for The Last Window, Mikekelly, leader

Unavowed

Blade runner

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top