• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Alt-Minds

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Anybody else giving it a try? I read at Adventure-treff that the game will start next Monday. You can register at the Alt-Minds site and watch new info on the five missing researchers.

http://alt-minds.com/?lang=en

And there’s facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/AltMinds/app_448946058491008

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

seems very out of the box…unfortunately i won’t be able to participate.whoever does,please post details about the experience.what it’s like,what are you doing….stuff like that.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-08-20

PM

I’ve registered and watched the first couple of videos. Disappointing that the dashboard won’t work on an ipad and the app is only available in France it seems. Also, the acting in the briefing videos was horrific. Will try it on my laptop tomorrow to see if the experience is any better. Interested in any other thoughts?

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

The FAQ said it would take about 30 minutes of reading a day. HA! I’ve been reading and watching videos for at least 3 hours and I’m still utterly confused as to what I’m supposed to be doing. (I tried a google search on the registration number… nothing.)That Peter Edgerson blog alone is huge. The missions: I was too late for the first one and spent a lot of time on the second one without succeeding. I don’t find it much fun to “analyse” individual frames by changing contrast, saturation, etc. So I decided to skip the mission, and now I can’t go back anymore?? Does that mean I can’t do the next one either? I can see other people’s rankings and their points don’t make sense to me. I really wish they’d made a proper introduction instead of throwing us in at the deep end.

Okay, enough critcism for one day. I’m intrigued by the story and I want to see how it develops. 

PS: And they’ve done a great job setting up all the fake sites and blogs. Impressive. I was expecting something like Missing/In Memoriam.

PPS: It’s easy to miss things. All of a sudden a Lauren appeared out of nowhere. I have no idea how this Peter guy met her and what her role is. More digging, more reading!

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

I’ve joined too (as myself, not as an Adventure Gamer reviewer). It takes quite a bit of time to get up to speed with all the background material (make sure to click all the ‘tabs’ on the dashboard and read all the messages etc) but I think I got there in the end, solved both missions successfully. Only got 2200 points though, because I was so late in solving (early this morning instead of yesterday evening). Not sure if I’ll be on time tonight, either, but it was interesting and entertaining.
Fien, the thing with the hidden message in the video was that there was a white square for a second or two, and you only needed to examine those few frames. Haven’t found anything about the license plate either, but that wasn’t part of any mission for me anyway so I guess we don’t need to investigate that until later on in the investigation.

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Pollo, have you received any mail? I got one mail about the second mission, not even about the first one, that’s all. I’m not sure what you mean by “messages”. I saw “4 messages” in red on my dashboard, but when I clicked it disappeared and nothing else happened. This whole set-up takes a lot of getting used to. I had a look at the Alt-Minds thread at Adventure-Treff and I’m relieved I’m not the only one who is confused.

BTW, I’d already noticed your nick among the high-ranking players.  Thumbs Up So time is of the essence when solving missions. I’m not going for the points anyway, but now I don’t know what N.T. stands for. Frown

Looking forward to:

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

Spoiler for N.T.

Oh, I’m sure any adventure gamer has heard of him. He’s a bit less well known than Edison but invented lots more interesting and fascinating stuff.

No, I haven’t received any more emails. I meant the messages under ‘News’, it’s more like a kind of chat between Chloe and Audrey and a few others. Wink

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Thanks, Pollo. N.T. is an interesting scientist, so many ways this story can go! I had trouble reading messages as they appeared real-time yesterday, but fortunately not today.

So far, I like Alt-Minds. But today I spent over two hours reading messages and blogs, watching videos, gooogling, juggling codes. I don’t think I will be able to keep that up for eight weeks. The pace of this game is terrifying.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

Well, if today is anything to go by, the difficulty does ramp up quite a bit. Spent ages until I found what I am sure is the correct answer, only to get a “thanks for contributing but your answer doesn’t match that of the others” response from Chloe. Found a French forum where everybody is complaining their answer didn’t get accepted either. So either we’re all wrong, or the site is not accepting correct answers… I’ve sent her a message detailing how I came to my solution, let’s hope someone actually reads what you write and it’s not just an automated system at the other end…

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-02-23

PM

I’m going mad, the white square in the first mission, I can see (more or less) letters, but I can’t see the message. Help?

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

Stop the video at precisely that point and analyze it. Make sure the white square is visible (it sometimes skips a few frames ahead or back). Then play around with the saturation, brightness and contrast until you see something. Hint: Don’t concentrate on the immediate vicinity of the square but look elsewhere in the picture. The letters form a word (or a name, or something, perhaps in a different language? Doesn’t have to make sense!). That IS the message.

Seems they’ve found out the vast majority of todays answers was mistakenly rejected as wrong. The Foundation’s Facebook has a message in French saying the tool will be recalibrated and players who have already answered compensated.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-02-23

PM

Thank you!
Please, could you link to the french forum site?

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Well, the free test phase is now over, after four days. The game will take off for real in two weeks. I’ll be there. Smile

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-07-09

PM

I am still playing after the free week. Intriguing plot so far. Unfortunately, I had technical issues (difficulties to play the videos at certain hours). Most of the puzzles are easy (and not very interesting), but a couple are tougher (finding the name of the statue in the Deucalion board was a bit hard, but doable with the use of searching tools online).
It is a very uneven experience, but I am still curious to discover the story further.

The french forum site (unofficial) is here: http://forum.altminders.com/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top