• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 22 May 2019 02:42 AM

Quick side note: is Blade Runner doable for a CPT? I recall reading that who is and who isn’t a replicant is random each game, so we may not all have the same game experience…

At the moment the most un-doable aspect for Blade Runner is that there is no playthrough leader as yet so it can’t win!

There are other games that have been nominated for the CPT which have been successful despite their ‘difficulties’ cleverly overcome by inventive playthrough leaders.
I’ve never played Blade runner before, it’s an old game, but could the different experiences be interesting or make it too difficult to have a coherent playthrough?   
Smile

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 22 May 2019 09:22 AM
TimovieMan - 22 May 2019 02:42 AM

Quick side note: is Blade Runner doable for a CPT? I recall reading that who is and who isn’t a replicant is random each game, so we may not all have the same game experience…

At the moment the most un-doable aspect for Blade Runner is that there is no playthrough leader as yet so it can’t win!

There are other games that have been nominated for the CPT which have been successful despite their ‘difficulties’ cleverly overcome by inventive playthrough leaders.
I’ve never played Blade runner before, it’s an old game, but could the different experiences be interesting or make it too difficult to have a coherent playthrough?   
Smile

I have never done a CPT so I cant be a leader. I will say this for blade runner each chapter is short so while the game might be different for each player to some extent, the basic game flow and pattern will be the same.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jdawg445 - 22 May 2019 10:52 AM

I have never done a CPT so I cant be a leader. I will say this for blade runner each chapter is short so while the game might be different for each player to some extent, the basic game flow and pattern will be the same.

If you’ve played the game Jdawg445 & know the structure of the game you’re ideal to be leader! - most members who lead a playthrough do it for the 1st time so NO EXCUSES!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Blade Runner (6) - Jdawg445, Pegbiter, Luhr28, Chrissie, Doom, TimovieMan

Whispers of a Machine (5) - Mike Kelly (leader), Jdawg445, Pegbiter, Kabouter, Detective Mosley

Lighthouse (3) - RTRooney (leader), Doom, Diego
Still Life (3) - RTRooney, Kabouter, TimovieMan

Coloratura (2) - Luhr28, Pegbiter
Unavowed (2) - Mike Kelly (leader), Detective Mosley
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan

Still Life 2 (1) - RTRooney

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Is Blade Runner even runnable on new hardware? I recall running into issues before but it’s been a long while ago so I am not sure.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just popping in here to say that it’s a great honour to *almost* be tied with Blade Runner for a community playthrough. Blade Runner is a game I personally enjoyed a lot, and some aspects of it - the way locations connect and how parts of the story branches - have been inspirational when designing Whispers of a Machine.
Looking forward to seeing the playthrough whichever game makes it

Ya know, you can always vote for the game and help us in the CPT!

To play Bladerunner you need the original disks and using custom installer files it can run on some modern computers.

This game is NOT available via steam or GOG and there are no plans on upgrading the game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

true blade runner runs fine on my computer, but that is after using patches from a trusted site, the only problem I have is during one cutscene the game flashes forward to the pt where the cutscene is done. But that is the one and only bug that I found

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2019-05-22

PM

I think it’d probably break some unwritten rule if I voted for my own game! 

If you can somehow obtain Blade Runner and get it to run I think that’s a great choice.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I already started playing WOAM on my ipad because i’m doing some travels right now and will be glad playing it alongside a cp. i adore bladerunner as well and would gladly play it again because i never finished it back n the day. But having in mind the easier access to the first and that i’m already playing it right now i’m casting a vote only for WOAM (which is marvelous so far and is really neat playing it on the ipad)

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Blade Runner (6) - Jdawg445, Pegbiter, Luhr28, Chrissie, Doom, TimovieMan
Whispers of a Machine (6) - Mike Kelly (leader), Jdawg445, Pegbiter, Kabouter, Detective Mosley, Badlemon

Lighthouse (3) - RTRooney (leader), Doom, Diego
Still Life (3) - RTRooney, Kabouter, TimovieMan

Coloratura (2) - Luhr28, Pegbiter
Unavowed (2) - Mike Kelly (leader), Detective Mosley
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan

Still Life 2 (1) - RTRooney

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 22 May 2019 11:17 AM

most members who lead a playthrough do it for the 1st time so NO EXCUSES!  Laughing

Um. To rephrase, everyone has a first time.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Actually, I suspect Unavowed will never get a CPT, too bad, it is a great game.

If WOTM wins, the developer will join in, which is a real treat.

My fingers are crossed!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

if the dev plays I rather ply wotm

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Mikekelly - 24 May 2019 05:46 PM

Actually, I suspect Unavowed will never get a CPT, too bad, it is a great game.

Keep plugging away. I think Lighthouse was actually winning at one point during the last playthrough vote. But then, to borrow a phrase from horse racing, Beneath a Steel Sky came charging from off the pace.

I have nominated many games. Three in this go around. So far, only one, Shivers, has won. Not the greatest track record. No need to feel discouraged since it’s likely one of your nominated games will win this time around. Just not Unavowed.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How is that subtitle project coming along for Blade Runner?

I got my copy to run (using a virtual machine, since my 64-bit system couldn’t launch the setup), but I’ll have issues understanding everything in the game, be-because the s-sound occa-ccasionally stutt-tters…

But in other news: Steam has absolutely no issues getting Whispers of a Machine to run, so you can add my vote to that as well.

Also, I find it rather funny that the very first sentence of AG’s review of Whispers of a Machine contains a Blade Runner reference. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top