• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Please recommend comedic adventure games from US or England. 

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

I should add from the last 10 years. Otherwise I probably own it already.

No offense to the german’s but I just don’t share their sense of humour I have sadly realized. So any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Here you have some:

-The Darkside Detective
-Thimbleweed Park
-Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet
-Detective Grimoire
-Tales of Monkey Island
-Sam & Max: Telltale Seasons

And despite your problems with German sense of humour, I would insist in:

-Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
-Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes

Trust me, you won’t regret…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect and the upcoming Poisoned Pawn, Broken Sword 5 aka The Serpent’s Curse (as usual with Revolution, it’s not a straight up comedy, but dialogues are comedy gold). Also watch out for the upcoming SpaceVenture by Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy, it has all chances to become the funniest adventure of the year (or maybe century).

Botanicula was developed by Czech studio Amanita Design and I find its visual humour amazing and unique. People also seem to enjoy Amanita’s latter offer Chuchel which resembles modern American cartoons, but to me it was a letdown (just like all modern American toons).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 136

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Hector: badge of carnage
Kelvin and the infamous machine

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Mr Maze! (new, light humour, from England) Adventures of Fatman (old, cartoony, from America). Both are cheap Smile both are self promotion lol. Also check out Captain Disaster that’s fairly recent comedic adventure by Dave another English guy. Also the Ben There, Dan That has british humour I think. Bertram Fiddle, another English one if I remember rightly. Not sure about more recent/commercial games, though interested to know what a recent comic American adventure would be, what I see in the comedy dept. seem to come out of wider Europe these days. The American devs seem pretty cosy with their dramas/grittys/sci-fis nowadays. But there’s that newer LSL game though I’m not sure if that’s effectively american/german franchise these days. I know where you’re coming from though, not all humour resonates and can be quite different in nature across territories.

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Thanks for all the tips. Larry’s gone German but at least they kept the voice actor, Simon the sorcerer wasn’t as lucky haha.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

From what I’ve seen there really isn’t all that many good comedic games right now.
However, I would recommend:

The Journey Down
It’s a great game with a great soundtrack. It’s kind of a cross between Tailspin and… Something else… Yeah, I don’t know, but it’s a good one. It’s made by a Swedish game developer but don’t hold that against them.

Paradigm
It’s made by an Aussie. It’s funny, and really weird. I’d definitely give this a go, probably the funniest game to come out recently. But it can be crass at times with dumb jokes.

Her Majesty’s Spiffing
Funny little game about the Britain returning to it’s former glory.. IN SPACE. It’s filled with puns and silly things. Unfortunately it only has 1 episode and doesn’t look like it’ll get another anytime soon.

Tsioque
It’s from polish devs. I’m not sure I’d call it funny, but it can be humorous. It might give you some chuckles watching the goons. Check out a video of it and you’ll see what I mean. 

The Little Acre
Again not all that funny, but it is brightly colored and very well animated. Devs are in Ireland. Apparently Charles Cecil was the executive producer.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

As a swede I can say only Swedish made TV and films will scare me.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

eddyc - 13 April 2019 08:32 AM

Kelvin and the infamous machine

A great game, but totally doesn’t fit what the OP is asking for, as the developers come from Argentina.

Of course I don’t know why the OP has such a strange restriction, if he doesn’t like German games it might be better to ask “anything except German games”. But as it is, there are tons of good games that don’t match his set criteria.

Strictly speaking even Hector: Badge of Carnage doesn’t match his criteria, as the studio that developed it is based in Northern Ireland, not England.

Anyway, one game that might fit the criteria is Bayou Island.
It’s not super funny, it’s not even such a great game when viewed critically (voice acting is bad), but I liked it very much and it has a lot of humour, although it’s kind of subtle, not in your face.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

GateKeeper - 13 April 2019 01:01 PM

Of course I don’t know why the OP has such a strange restriction, if he doesn’t like German games it might be better to ask “anything except German games”. But as it is, there tons of good games that don’t match his set criteria.

I assumed that he’s asking for games that have the style of humor from the US and UK. I could be wrong… But I’m pretty sure I’m not. Tongue

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

You are not wrong Speedbo. Basically in the style of humor of Simon the sorcerer or Leisure Suit Larry the English and American versions or Lucas Art style humor.

So not anything but German, very specifically US or UK humor.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Four Last Things - a Renaissance and Monty Python-inspired indie game.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-07-09

PM

I found Four Last Things very funny (I will certainly play the sequel, The Procession to Calvary).

Concerning games with typically british humour, I remember The Gene Machine (1996), developed by Divide by Zero, a very nonsensical adventure taking place in the Victorian era.

For those who liked Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please!, a sequel named Lair of the Clockwork God is planned for late august this year.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The Darkside Detective is the funniest game I played in years.
I also recommend Kelvin and the infamous machine. It is Argentinian but has some of the old Lucas Arts charm.
From Sweden, The Journey Down is not laugh out loud funny, but it definitely makes you smile, and it is a fun game with a very unique setting.
Finally, from the master of comedy himself, Thimbleweed Park is Ron Gilbert’s throwback to the old days. It is no DOTT or Monkey Island, but it is still a good comedy game.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Yorkshire Gubbins might be to your liking. I only played the free intro episode but it was very funny and would have been a case of “take my money!!!” but unfortunately I can’t buy the full game on Steam because it’s not available in my country.

Oh well - not everyone needs to like money, right?

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Telltale’s Sam & Max is the funniest. There’s also Tales From the Borderlands which I think is pretty hilarious and you could also try 2015’s King’s Quest

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top